over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diuretics and final week prep

I mostly had microwavable sticky white rice, don't remember if I trained that Wednesday but probably did something light.

Haha spot on. The jasmine rice 60 sec cups 50g carbs a pop no added water.

I see. So he keeps it in on Friday with lowers it a tad? Not completely that's what you're saying ? It just goes against everything he advocated for on forums and for his videos, I watched the the santi 3 part video on YouTube he did the same thing with sodium

Like I said...I'm sure it depends on how shredded the client is/was. I remember watching santi's vids and they were going for a fuller look and he def had fat left to lose (glutes/hams) so I'm sure they may have lowered Sodium a bit. But he also doesn't mention what diuretic protocol he used if any....

You can create a diuretic effect without using diuretics. Which may be why they lowered Sodium. You can do this by keeping water high 2+ gallons and high sodium all week. Then cut Sodium in half or cut it out on some point Friday for a Saturday show. Keep running water high until 9-10pm after Sodium has been out for a few hours to keep flushing water/sodium. Cut water and wake up very dry. I have done with with people too and it works if not using diuretics. Then 5-6am a nice meal usually consisting of something with a bit of carbs, low protein, fat and high sodium. The reintroduction of carbs and sodium after pissing all night and being dry will draw the rest of the subq water into the muscle. Just don't over do it with the foods bc your not drinking much (with this meal I'll usually have them drink 4-6 oz coffee) and it will sit in your gut and bloat you if eating too much. Then maybe some rice cakes back stage (no PB or almond butter needed). Maybe a bit of jam.

Like I said...I'm sure it depends on how shredded the client is/was. I remember watching santi's vids and they were going for a fuller look and he def had fat left to lose (glutes/hams) so I'm sure they may have lowered Sodium a bit. But he also doesn't mention what diuretic protocol he used if any....

You can create a diuretic effect without using diuretics. Which may be why they lowered Sodium. You can do this by keeping water high 2+ gallons and high sodium all week. Then cut Sodium in half or cut it out on some point Friday for a Saturday show. Keep running water high until 9-10pm after Sodium has been out for a few hours to keep flushing water/sodium. Cut water and wake up very dry. I have done with with people too and it works if not using diuretics. Then 5-6am a nice meal usually consisting of something with a bit of carbs, low protein, fat and high sodium. The reintroduction of carbs and sodium after pissing all night and being dry will draw the rest of the subq water into the muscle. Just don't over do it with the foods bc your not drinking much (with this meal I'll usually have them drink 4-6 oz coffee) and it will sit in your gut and bloat you if eating too much. Then maybe some rice cakes back stage (no PB or almond butter needed). Maybe a bit of jam.

That's exactly what I do.

That's exactly what I do.

That protocol there with zero diuretics is fail proof. Cutting Sodium while using dyazide is not needed. It's blocks reabsorption of sodium...so just keep using Sodium if you are peeled bc if you are peeled you likely will be on the flatter side. Go ahead and cut Sodium and block reabsorption of Sodium and watch how quick you can flatten.

But as tenny mentioned...none of it matters unless you are peeled.

That protocol there with zero diuretics is fail proof. Cutting Sodium while using dyazide is not needed. It's blocks reabsorption of sodium...so just keep using Sodium if you are peeled bc if you are peeled you likely will be on the flatter side. Go ahead and cut Sodium and block reabsorption of Sodium and watch how quick you can flatten.

But as tenny mentioned...none of it matters unless you are peeled.

you make a good point. There's no point in cutting sodium if your using a diuretic cause sodium won't reabsorbed anyways . I would only cut it if you're not using a diuretic and want to excrete more water and get drier

Is there typically a rebound after using Dyazide or maybe any diuretic in general? and I don't mean by those who end up drinking a ton the next day or 2 after show but just a big rebound in h20 retention/bloat in general.

Is there typically a rebound after using Dyazide or maybe any diuretic in general? and I don't mean by those who end up drinking a ton the next day or 2 after show but just a big rebound in h20 retention/bloat in general.

It's inevitable with the reintroduction of fluids and discontinuing the dyazide. Couple that with some post show eats and yes you'll likely get a rebound. The size of the rebound likely depends on how much dyazide was used, how long water was cut, and how much junk was consumed.

That's why it's important to get fluid intake up immediately and start flushing sodium again naturally. Get right back to the carb amounts you were eating at the end of prep and get back to the cardio grind. Some light training really helps move things (water/carbs) around too.

The rebound/ post show bloat isn't from the diuretic directly but from being dehydrated all day. if you were to take the diuretic and keep drinking without getting dehydrated you would not have a rebound.

How bad you bloat will depend on how bad you eat and how much sodium you have afterwards

Matt also has dudes load of wings, burgers, ect. It all depends really.

I agree with pretty much everything 245/Green have stated.

Also with the rebound it is definitely sodium/water based when ppl binge on sugary shit post show/all day next day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131