over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diuretics and final week prep

beat me to it

we don't give diuretic protocols......

:lightbulb:

we can control a NATURAL dry out, better than any diuretic....

they are too unpredictable.

:cool:

yes, if TRULY lean a natural dry out protocol is predictable and can be effective. takes DISCIPLINE tho depending on how you do it
-F2S

You are only "cutting sodium" for like 12 hours, no adding salt to food, then you have about 12 hours of sodium but no water before prejudging, you won't go flat from 1 diazide spread through the day, it's pretty mild

Why do you fat load and sodium load at 10PM Friday after water shut off? How long do you need to cut sodium for?

Here is a very safe, straight forward and effective way to get dry and full for a show, but this will not help you make weight if weigh ins are Friday night for a Saturday morning show. Also must be in shape.

With this protocol you only have sodium to worry about, lasix etc is harder to master because you have to mess with sodium and potassium

Friday Morning - stop all added sodium, drink normal amount of water 1-2 gallons

eat 4-6oz meat with carbs (50 grams enough for most people) every 2-3 hours.

3PM Friday - 1/2 dyazide (must be hctz/Triameterine, some "dyazide" is just hctz" you will cramp if it does not have Triameterine)

Keep eating and drinking all day, no added sodium

8PM Friday, Stop drinking water, 1/2 dyazide

10PM Friday - Salty Meal, ex French Fries and burger - no water - no veggies

5am Saturday 1/2 dyazide if needed, salty/sugary meal (pancakes, eggs, bacon) couple of ounces of strong black coffee

Every 2 hours small meals (about 20 prot, 20 carbs)

9am prejudging

After prejudging 1/2 dyazide, salty meal, small amount of fluid

Why a fatty meal with sodium 2 hrs post water shut off? how long do you need to cut sodium for usually?
Is this protocol for 1 day carb up?

Why a fatty meal with sodium 2 hrs post water shut off? how long do you need to cut sodium for usually?

Fat is a good tool to use to fill out if you pull water. Why?

Carbs need water to be digested. If you pull water, and then eat carbs, your body will pull the required water needed for those carbs subcutaneously or intermuscular. They will sit in your stomach if not digested making you gassy, and it's why you see a lot of amateurs show up with turtle guts. "I can't fill out must need more carbs herp derp !"

Fats don't require water to be broken down and stored, so they don't cause the same problem carbs can.

Fat is a good tool to use to fill out if you pull water. Why?

Carbs need water to be digested. If you pull water, and then eat carbs, your body will pull the required water needed for those carbs subcutaneously or intermuscular. They will sit in your stomach if not digested making you gassy, and it's why you see a lot of amateurs show up with turtle guts. "I can't fill out must need more carbs herp derp !"

Fats don't require water to be broken down and stored, so they don't cause the same problem carbs can.

I mildly disagree. I never heard undigested carbs when I had no water in me. Your body will pull water from subQ tissue when you shut water off. Whoever is having carbs should eat their normal carbs they been having; introducing anything new might cause GI distress. If you haven't had burger and fries in your entire prep for ex. And you suddenly introduced it; you'll never know how you're body reacts. it will be digested no problem.

Fries and burger (bun) are carbs bro

Last edited:
I mildly disagree. I never heard undigested carbs when I had no water in me. Your body will pull water from subQ tissue when you shut water off. Whoever is having carbs should eat their normal carbs they been having; introducing anything new might cause GI distress. If you haven't had burger and fries in your entire prep for ex. And you suddenly introduced it; you'll never know how you're body reacts. it will be digested no problem.

Fries and burger (bun) are carbs bro

I'm not saying it's not okay to keep having some carbs. I'm saying they require water to be stored. That's a fact. If you're not drinking water anymore, it's going to pull it from somewhere.

There's a big difference though still eating carbs 2 hours after cutting water, and eating a bunch of carbs (stack of pancakes) 10-15 hours if not drinking water.

Here is a very safe, straight forward and effective way to get dry and full for a show, but this will not help you make weight if weigh ins are Friday night for a Saturday morning show. Also must be in shape.

With this protocol you only have sodium to worry about, lasix etc is harder to master because you have to mess with sodium and potassium

Friday Morning - stop all added sodium, drink normal amount of water 1-2 gallons

eat 4-6oz meat with carbs (50 grams enough for most people) every 2-3 hours.

3PM Friday - 1/2 dyazide (must be hctz/Triameterine, some "dyazide" is just hctz" you will cramp if it does not have Triameterine)

Keep eating and drinking all day, no added sodium

8PM Friday, Stop drinking water, 1/2 dyazide

10PM Friday - Salty Meal, ex French Fries and burger - no water - no veggies

5am Saturday 1/2 dyazide if needed, salty/sugary meal (pancakes, eggs, bacon) couple of ounces of strong black coffee

Every 2 hours small meals (about 20 prot, 20 carbs)

9am prejudging

After prejudging 1/2 dyazide, salty meal, small amount of fluid

Looks exactly like the protocol I received from an ifbb pro on this board who does preps. It worked very well.

From what I know with protocols similar, you have the carbs in the system from my prior carb meals (a fatty meal like a burger and fries will have carbs too) but everyone has intramuscular fat cells in their body so a fatty meal will help with that, where a carb only meal can't.

You can achieve a fullness much greater incorporating some fats and carbs in the right amounts than you can on just carbs alone. Plus a fatty meal in the morning with some sodium will greatly help produce a BM which will make you stomach look 100X better if you've been back up at all limiting water and having dry carbs with little fats.

From what I know with protocols similar, you have the carbs in the system from my prior carb meals (a fatty meal like a burger and fries will have carbs too) but everyone has intramuscular fat cells in their body so a fatty meal will help with that, where a carb only meal can't.

You can achieve a fullness much greater incorporating some fats and carbs in the right amounts than you can on just carbs alone. Plus a fatty meal in the morning with some sodium will greatly help produce a BM which will make you stomach look 100X better if you've been back up at all limiting water and having dry carbs with little fats.

I would think a fatty meal that's sodium filled will make me so damn Thirsty

I would think a fatty meal that's sodium filled will make me so damn Thirsty

Oh no doubt. I did it my first competition (followed porters tips almost a t on his old thread). Did five guys reg burger with fries and asked them not to salt them after and just sipped water with it. Better but still a challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt porter had a famous thread here and I like what he does.

water high till Friday night with water the highest on Friday. Cut around 9-10PM then rice cake, jam and PB low sodium every time you wake up to pee.

Sodium normal if you have been salting your food your entire prep then cut it Friday to what is naturally occurring in food.

1/2 dyazide at 1PM and 1/2 at water cut off

8 -10 hours after water cut off; have a hearty breakfast with sodium.

unfortunately I don't have dyazide this time around so I'm stuck with HCT ; so I just might take half if I needed it

I know EXACTLY what matt does lol. And I explained in my reply exactly what he does with a lot of people. He did the same for me and I did the same for others. You do NOT need to cut Sodium at any point if you are legit shredded. You are more likely to hold more water from Sodium if you are NOT peeled. Then cutting Sodium for a certain amount of time or even in half would be warranted. Its Extremely effective and not complicated. But he gets people peeled first. Then you don't need 3-4 days of messing with shit, heavy carb loads, or anything. Just pop a couple half tabs and cut water back and boom.

I know EXACTLY what matt does lol. And I explained in my reply exactly what he does with a lot of people. He did the same for me and I did the same for others. You do NOT need to cut Sodium at any point if you are legit shredded. You are more likely to hold more water from Sodium if you are NOT peeled. Then cutting Sodium for a certain amount of time or even in half would be warranted. Its Extremely effective and not complicated. But he gets people peeled first. Then you don't need 3-4 days of messing with shit, heavy carb loads, or anything. Just pop a couple half tabs and cut water back and boom.

you pretty much have it nailed here....

I try to explain things to people like this....

think of your competition as a journey out of the city....
your walking and walking in the beginning...all these roads you can take...
all these flashy signs, saying "stop here"..."try me".....so you keep walking...
you keep walking...pretty soon, there are no more flashy signs....just roads.
now you can take any of these roads (called shortcuts)...but you don't really
know if its a shortcut or not...that's just what you've herd....so your walking..
you decide to take a shortcut (that you HEARD is a good shortcut)...you take it
follow it all the way, and it puts you back on the same road....lesson learned.
so your walking....pretty soon its just one road....and guess what road it is...?
the same FUCKING ROAD!!!!!

moral of the story....just be lean enough....and its kinda hard to fuck it up...

Last edited:

After you stop drinking and have dyazide in your system you can eat pretty much anything and you will not bloat. A junk food meal will make most people if depleted and lean look better than just having plain rice and chicken.

Sodium is cut only on Friday until night junk meal.

With this protocol I don't start getting thirsty until after prejudging, last prep the last few weeks I was waking up at 235lbs, after the protocol I woke up 236 but much fuller and drier.

Carb up was 50 carbs per meal starting Wednesday night

With this protocol I don't start getting thirsty until after prejudging, last prep the last few weeks I was waking up at 235lbs, after the protocol I woke up 236 but much fuller and drier.

Carb up was 50 carbs per meal starting Wednesday night

yup....a proper carb up should be 1 to 2 pounds...

these guys that think they will wake up in the morning 8 pounds
fuller is just retarded...

I need to ask what your carb intake was prior to the carb up..???
that's what we base how much carbs to carb up with...

yup....a proper carb up should be 1 to 2 pounds...

these guys that think they will wake up in the morning 8 pounds
fuller is just retarded...

I need to ask what your carb intake was prior to the carb up..???
that's what we base how much carbs to carb up with...

Until 4 weeks out it was about 350grams, 4 weeks out to Wednesday before show it was about 150grams, so I only carbed up on 300-400 grams for 2 days

What carb sources were you using for your 50g per meal 245? 6 meals?

Pretty much exactly what I'm doing. 125/140g carbs now and guesstimating ill be at 350g myself.

Did you train on that wednesday when you also started loading? I like to do a circuit just to shuttle everything smoothly. In and out real quick.

Last edited:
What carb sources were you using for your 50g per meal 245? 6 meals?

Pretty much exactly what I'm doing. 125/140g carbs now and guesstimating ill be at 350g myself.

Did you train on that wednesday when you also started loading? I like to do a circuit just to shuttle everything smoothly. In and out real quick.

I mostly had microwavable sticky white rice, don't remember if I trained that Wednesday but probably did something light.

you pretty much have it nailed here....

I try to explain things to people like this....

think of your competition as a journey out of the city....
your walking and walking in the beginning...all these roads you can take...
all these flashy signs, saying "stop here"..."try me".....so you keep walking...
you keep walking...pretty soon, there are no more flashy signs....just roads.
now you can take any of these roads (called shortcuts)...but you don't really
know if its a shortcut or not...that's just what you've herd....so your walking..
you decide to take a shortcut (that you HEARD is a good shortcut)...you take it
follow it all the way, and it puts you back on the same road....lesson learned.
so your walking....pretty soon its just one road....and guess what road it is...?
the same FUCKING ROAD!!!!!

moral of the story....just be lean enough....and its kinda hard to fuck it up...

On point as usual!

I see. So he keeps it in on Friday with lowers it a tad? Not completely that's what you're saying ? It just goes against everything he advocated for on forums and for his videos, I watched the the santi 3 part video on YouTube he did the same thing with sodium

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner