advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DMSO: Anyone Suffer Permanent Skin Damage?

muscle96ss

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Background: I have been using DMSO in aloe vera gel by Life Extension Foundation on several arm injuries over the last several years. A couple years ago I started getting areas on my arm that appeared as if my tan was peeling and then later the texture changed to being rough. I never put 2 + 2 together and just attributed it to old age(45) and the fact that I live in AZ and spend a lot of time in the sun daily. Now a couple months ago I started putting DMSO on my right quad. Now I am starting to get the same reaction on the skin on my leg. This morning it finally dawned on my that the DMSO is what is causing the skin alterations(see pics attached).

Over the past year I have used on my arms a shitload of expensive anti-aging cosmetics that I use on my face as well as retin-A. Nothing has helped normalized the changes in my skin and even though I am in the sun daily the spots do not tan or burn.

Anybody have any ideas on what is going on and what can be done to rectify?

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,514
  • Leg.jpg
    Leg.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,691
Sucks your having this issue.

I had the same experience with DMSO gel but the patches eventually went away. The big difference is that i used the gel over a shorter period of time than you, maybe 1-2 weeks out of each month. I feel like the DMSO burned my skin off the last few times (almost like a bad sunburn) i applied it. Have you ever felt any discomfort while applying?

did it give that on that label as a side effect? if not, i think i would go talk to a doc so you can document it, then go see a lawyer... id try 2 get paiddddd... sucks tho 4sure

Sucks your having this issue.

I had the same experience with DMSO gel but the patches eventually went away. The big difference is that i used the gel over a shorter period of time than you, maybe 1-2 weeks out of each month. I feel like the DMSO burned my skin off the last few times (almost like a bad sunburn) i applied it. Have you ever felt any discomfort while applying?

Many years ago I occasionally used a liquid that was straight DMSO and it would burn quite a bit and leave my skin red at the time. When I started using this gel I was shocked that I didn't get any burn whatsoever, unless of course I had a cut or scrape. Defintely get the garlic taste in my mouth but thats about it.

did it give that on that label as a side effect? if not, i think i would go talk to a doc so you can document it, then go see a lawyer... id try 2 get paiddddd... sucks tho 4sure

The label clearly states that it may cause skin irritation and that it is to be used as a solvent. I knew this when using it and don't mind any temporary irritation; I just wasn't expecting permanent damage.

any strong chems over the long term can damage your skin, especially if you look into what dmso is does and where it comes from. one would think that care should be used if long term use is desired.

Phil will be carrying a lotion soon that has helped my skin a lot. I have psoriasis and in general my skin is somewhat sensitive. the lotion is based on natural butters and has a bunch of antioxidents. it does have a small amount of dmso to act as a carrier for the supps.

the supps in it are designed to heal and make your body heal itself and even skin tone and texture.

it also tightens skin and gets rid of bags and wrinkles around your eyes. some people do get a reaction to kojic acid and hyaluronic acid but it is pretty rare.

my psoriasis is about 95% gone maybe better fromthis alone.

good luck

I have used DSMO over the years since a power lifter turned me onto it almost 20 yeard ago. knock on wood, I haven't had any skin reactions. I use it a lot more frequently by itself or to help push other chemicals into applied areas now.
I do know it can cause harsh reactions in some. Also if its in a plastic bottle, container or plastic top that is not a solvent proof plastic the DMSO is known to leach the plastic chemicals into the solution which can also cause sides. I have noticed a lot of complaints that sell DSMO don't say a word about the tyoe of material container is made of along with the cotsiners not having the solvent proof markings on it. Some brands are purported to not be as pure either which could be an issue.
I did develop reactions to certain chemicals while in the military die to overexposure. If I get within a few feet of anything with a similir chemical structure I'm breaking out in a nasty rash despite not having physical contact with the chemicals. It is also hard to get rid of. almost 20 years later and I cannot tolerate em at all. Lots of time is all that heals area.
I use a pain patch for an injury/nerve damage. I literally have to give the maxium amount of time possible to a previously exposed area before re applying or again I get a painful itchy red spots around the area. At first it really didn't matter but then bam out of nowhere the skin sensitivity issue hit me.
I'd give it plenty of time and also look me see if anyone is complaining about that particular brand. Either way their is going to be info on skin conditions since its been offered as a script for a long time ontop of how its sold now and had been in the past.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131