advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DMX PASSED AWAY AT 50 YEARS OLD (DRUG OVER DOSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super sad. You know this dude had demons.
I had heard about an upcoming album and was excited to see what type of music (and features) he was going to make.
RIP. I've always been a heavy hiphop guy and when Ruff Ryders came out....wooo...that was like a movement.
If you haven't already, check out the Snoop Dmx Verzuz Battle its great. They know ALLL the lyrics to each others songs. Classic shit right there.

Man he struggled for a minute. 30+ years. I have been struggling with addiction since I Was 11. I am 33. I also grew up in a gangster environment and subsequently later became one. Then during incarceration, I started making friends with the big homeys, the ones who point the finger and you get touched. Based on his music he grew up similarly. Drugs, Fast life, Slanging, all that stupid shit is a deathstyle not a lifestyle. So many of those rappers succumb to that. And they are mixing percocets, molly, codeine (lean), weed, and booze at once, and prob a key sized bump of blow while out and about just to fit in. Pimp C RIP. Lil wayne had a ton of seizures already from codeine. Every time my son bumps shit like this i remind him yeah song sounds dope but REMEMBER, these guys dont last long and either end up in prison, with STDs, snitches, as drug addicts, or worse. Its all stupid as fuck and learn from my mistakes. My son is a saint and his mom is from a very notorious gang in LA that even our former POTUS spoke of . He has every opportunity to be a fuckup and due to the way we raise him he has turned out excellent and a star. There is fuckups in his school but he does not associate with them. That is my 2c. I am way more pleased when my kid listens to classic rock or alternative (not to say demons are exclusive to any circle of life, they are prevalent everywhere) its just the music does not promote the bullshit as much. DMX notoriously Treated women like dogshit and fucked teenagers, he also was into dog fighting. and the last verzus battle he did recently against someone this year, he looked terrible and shot out. He did not even get up off his seat once while doing multiple songs, he looked so bad. Then you got gangster fools like gucci who do pen time 10 years probably and turn their life around and get in great shape drop the drugs, still make "cool" relevant music to their demographic and thrive. I guess the allure is bigtime there as a rapper or roxstar... but people deeep in the game have had opportunities like that to go scarface too. As a parent, I have to look at it in this way. he had a lot of animal cruelty charges

Man he struggled for a minute. 30+ years. I have been struggling with addiction since I Was 11. I am 33. I also grew up in a gangster environment and subsequently later became one. Then during incarceration, I started making friends with the big homeys, the ones who point the finger and you get touched. Based on his music he grew up similarly. Drugs, Fast life, Slanging, all that stupid shit is a deathstyle not a lifestyle. So many of those rappers succumb to that. And they are mixing percocets, molly, codeine (lean), weed, and booze at once, and prob a key sized bump of blow while out and about just to fit in. Pimp C RIP. Lil wayne had a ton of seizures already from codeine. Every time my son bumps shit like this i remind him yeah song sounds dope but REMEMBER, these guys dont last long and either end up in prison, with STDs, snitches, as drug addicts, or worse. Its all stupid as fuck and learn from my mistakes. My son is a saint and his mom is from a very notorious gang in LA that even our former POTUS spoke of . He has every opportunity to be a fuckup and due to the way we raise him he has turned out excellent and a star. There is fuckups in his school but he does not associate with them. That is my 2c. I am way more pleased when my kid listens to classic rock or alternative (not to say demons are exclusive to any circle of life, they are prevalent everywhere) its just the music does not promote the bullshit as much. DMX notoriously Treated women like dogshit and fucked teenagers, he also was into dog fighting. and the last verzus battle he did recently against someone this year, he looked terrible and shot out. He did not even get up off his seat once while doing multiple songs, he looked so bad. Then you got gangster fools like gucci who do pen time 10 years probably and turn their life around and get in great shape drop the drugs, still make "cool" relevant music to their demographic and thrive. I guess the allure is bigtime there as a rapper or roxstar... but people deeep in the game have had opportunities like that to go scarface too. As a parent, I have to look at it in this way. he had a lot of animal cruelty charges
Not a hip hop/rap fan, did not like his music or the lifestyle it promoted and I will not miss him. He chose a certain lifestyle, got stuck in a cycle of addiction and it ended his life, that is tragic no matter how I feel about the man and his music. Side note, LilWayne has a documented seizure disorder that he has had for quite some time and I can only speculate that his use of codeine only makes it worse. Either way not the smartest of choices nor the easiest addiction to overcome.

Grew up in Yonkers not far DMX. He had Pit dogs then as well. Met him years later on movie set. My best friend (Mike) produced and starred in " The Bleeding" A B" type straight to vid movie which DMX was in. I was a weapons advisor on set. Cool guy, but obviously high as fk most of the time. Was real cool. God speed DMX, May your soul rest in peace. Muay Thai, good for your boy! I have a son as well and i constantly worry. God bless brother

Grew up in Yonkers not far DMX. He had Pit dogs then as well. Met him years later on movie set. My best friend (Mike) produced and starred in " The Bleeding" A B" type straight to vid movie which DMX was in. I was a weapons advisor on set. Cool guy, but obviously high as fk most of the time. Was real cool. God speed DMX, May your soul rest in peace. Muay Thai, good for your boy! I have a son as well and i constantly worry. God bless brother
god bless you too brother, it us up to us to plant the right seeds and break the cycles, and provide better environments for growth. and what a cool experience you had bro. amen

Super sad. You know this dude had demons.
I had heard about an upcoming album and was excited to see what type of music (and features) he was going to make.
RIP. I've always been a heavy hiphop guy and when Ruff Ryders came out....wooo...that was like a movement.
If you haven't already, check out the Snoop Dmx Verzuz Battle its great. They know ALLL the lyrics to each others songs. Classic shit right there.
the jeezy vs gucci one was RAW and way better, gucci brought up Pookie Loc and made a joke about him being dead. Who is that lol? In mid-2000s Young Jeezy put a 10k$ hit on Gucci Manes bart simpson yellow diamond necklace, and some moron crip from jeezys hood went with a stripper and some other goon and tried to rob gucci inside gucci house. Gucci blasted all of them and smoked the one dude who was young jeezys best friend. Gucci did about 6mo in prison and got released on self-defense with good time served. This fool had the nerve to bring it up in the verzus battle LMAO. We all thought there was going to be gunshots going off. If somebody smoked my close homey its on for life. I respect gucci because he has the killer instinct as I do and few have it, and hes obviously down for his shit. Rappers are great entertainment but man so bad for kids, I was an impressionable kid, I used to run up on rivals and smash them blasting rappers in my system on the way there that i am now am a nutritionist for. So the music definitely can influence someone. I chose to channel it on purpose to become more evil. So odd the way the circle closes. Needless to say they are all grown up, one of them is making movies with Shia Lebeuf and on HBO. GOD is the KING of second chances! sometimes he is more interested in our character rather than our convenience, but his delays are not necessarily his denials. One-touch of his favor can catapult you lightyears ahead. Having multiple assassination attempts on your life can really give you a bleak or beautiful perspective on life, it did for me.

the jeezy vs gucci one was RAW and way better, gucci brought up Pookie Loc and made a joke about him being dead. Who is that lol? In mid-2000s Young Jeezy put a 10k$ hit on Gucci Manes bart simpson yellow diamond necklace, and some moron crip from jeezys hood went with a stripper and some other goon and tried to rob gucci inside gucci house. Gucci blasted all of them and smoked the one dude who was young jeezys best friend. Gucci did about 6mo in prison and got released on self-defense with good time served. This fool had the nerve to bring it up in the verzus battle LMAO. We all thought there was going to be gunshots going off. If somebody smoked my close homey its on for life. I respect gucci because he has the killer instinct as I do and few have it, and hes obviously down for his shit. Rappers are great entertainment but man so bad for kids, I was an impressionable kid, I used to run up on rivals and smash them blasting rappers in my system on the way there that i am now am a nutritionist for. So the music definitely can influence someone. I chose to channel it on purpose to become more evil. So odd the way the circle closes. Needless to say they are all grown up, one of them is making movies with Shia Lebeuf and on HBO. GOD is the KING of second chances! sometimes he is more interested in our character rather than our convenience, but his delays are not necessarily his denials. One-touch of his favor can catapult you lightyears ahead. Having multiple assassination attempts on your life can really give you a bleak or beautiful perspective on life, it did for me.
good for you bro.you got a good head on your shoulders.

Honest question; why does the music promote so much of this destructive behavior then? Is it because it's a proven formula that sells or is it something else?

He lived around my area for a while. People say he was indistinguishable from your average crack head. He's been out of it for a while

This video is worth the watch, it gave me a good laugh.It really shows how wild DMX was.

By the grace of God I lived thru 2 cocaine overdoses. X was one of my favorites. I know the demons he had that comes with addiction and cocaine abuse. Sad day. RIP X. "What yall niggas want?!"

It's too bad the man was unable to conquer his demons. RIP

Those demons are a mf'er to tame let alone conquer. My demons still exist I just deal with them in a different way. More of an accepting way now. Meaning, I know they're there, I accept that and put my life in the hands of a power greater than myself. The streets will NEVER leave me even though I've left them. They suck but hey, I chose that path. Now I deal with it. My kids are the absolute biggest part of the distraction now. My kids and my job keep me grounded. Along with some marijuana maintenance from time to time. Those images are burned into my character now. They'll never leave me. I just have to be aware of that and deal with them as they arise. They're slick, don't get me wrong. But not slick enough these days. Thankfully.

I am not african american so I cant speak on their culture or music as it is not my story to tell, I grew up in a mexican varrio in san diego which has a TOTALLY different culture than anything near african Americans in so cal. There is a war between blacks and mexicans in southern california on the streets and the prison systems. A bloody race war vs bloods and crips vs southside (13) which is who I roll with. Southside is an the hit squad for M.Mafia. Every mexican gang with the letter 13 attached to it in SO CAL is part of the hit squad and pays taxes. This grants protection for the gang in prison and jail. Personally, as somebody who grew up around morons and is extremely educated myself, Most of these people that rap about that bullshit, because that is literally all they know. There is no promise in their world, and you wont know what that is like and cant fathom until you spend a week in boyle heights in big hazard projects (where mexicans are firebombing black families for moving into their projects), or logan heights in san diego on 30th street, or florence and normandy florencia 18st 83gangster crip neighborhood all bordering eachother. every block has a gang, sometime every street has a different gang, its like baghdad, movies do these places no justice. thus that is seriously the extent and limit of their intelligence. Also alot of these mother fuckers are evil and believe in the shit they promote in music COLD heartedly. We know generally sex sells, but how people like nikki minaj and cardie b sell parading their titties and asses around, talking about sucking huge you know whats, and "parking your monster truck into my garage". One thing i will say is this, black gangs have NO authority in prison system to answer to, this is why they get away with all kinds of kid murders and rapes and do not get greenlighted in prison. if you are a southsider and you do a drive by without your feet on the ground you will get greenlighted as soon as you are incarcerated and your life will be fucking hell, 13 seconds of getting socked up as punishment down every dorm you get bounced around, you may get stabbed or killed depending on what code you broke. It is an odd and ugly world that I am GLAD i am not a part of! My friend got smoked 2 weeks ago it was in the news, RIP , I have a whole list of friends that run down my arm, 25+ dead friends, its NOT WORTH IT, so when I hear kids getting all into the music I Feel like it is my job to remind them to please take it at face value and pure entertainment. like a movie at the movie theatre basically
Appreciate your insight.

Not a hip hop/rap fan, did not like his music or the lifestyle it promoted and I will not miss him. He chose a certain lifestyle, got stuck in a cycle of addiction and it ended his life, that is tragic no matter how I feel about the man and his music. Side note, LilWayne has a documented seizure disorder that he has had for quite some time and I can only speculate that his use of codeine only makes it worse. Either way not the smartest of choices nor the easiest addiction to overcome.
Its crazy how now a days we put so many things down and say they are not acceptable yet music that glorifies treating woman like garbage and this drug and gangster liifestyle gets a free pass. I wonder if they would ever allow a study to see what kind of net impact on society certain types of music have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner