advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DMX PASSED AWAY AT 50 YEARS OLD (DRUG OVER DOSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMX was an authentic rapper. When you look into his upbringing it’s no wonder he had so many inner battles. That slippin video was about his life; the neglect from his mother and molestation from her boyfriends as a kid, his male mentor giving him a crack laced joint at the age of 13.

Honest question; why does the music promote so much of this destructive behavior then? Is it because it's a proven formula that sells or is it something else?

There is the legend of a 1991 "secret meeting" in which investors in the private prison systems pushed the direction of rap in a more violent direction.

I used to think this was obviously BS but when you look back at how everyone was manipulated with the crack cocaine epidemic and look now with how our news cycle turns people against each other, the existence of this meeting does not seem far fetched at all. There definitely was a dramatic shift in the genre right after 91, so go figure.

Not sure about that write up. Seems legit but also seems far fetched as hell.

There is the legend of a 1991 "secret meeting" in which investors in the private prison systems pushed the direction of rap in a more violent direction.

I used to think this was obviously BS but when you look back at how everyone was manipulated with the crack cocaine epidemic and look now with how our news cycle turns people against each other, the existence of this meeting does not seem far fetched at all. There definitely was a dramatic shift in the genre right after 91, so go figure.

I've heard about these sort of things before and like you said just called bullshit on it. But more and more it all absolutely lines up 100%. In particular is 6ix9ine. I heard on a podcast a few years back that he was put in his role by elites pulling strings to lure minority kids (mainly hispanic) into all the stupid shit he's about. At first I was like ehhhhh maybe??? But not likely??? But the more I see regarding him the more it makes absolute fucking sense in every single way possible. Everything he puts out is so clearly advertised to young children. Bright colors, cartoon characters, etc etc etc. He's the lowest level of human being in every way imaginable and yet he's got documentaries keeping him at the forefront of the world on netflix and Hulu. Coincidence? I really don't think so anymore.

There's nothing that would be unbelievable at this point after seeing what the CIA did with the crack epidemic.

And I fucking LOVE rap music. But thinking back on things, if I'm being completely honest with myself, rap music absolutely had that sort of an effect on me and many of my friends growing up. As really young boys it made, particularly, selling drugs that much more glamorous in our eyes when it might not have been otherwise. Some of us didn't grow up around the drug lifestyle. But rap music absolutely put those sort of ideas in our heads that we probably wouldn't have had at the forefront otherwise. It was all about that glamorous hustle. And ironically most of me and all my friends eventually paid our dues to the system for the mistakes we made in that area. Many of my friends are still deep in it.... Very interesting shit to think about regardless if it was an intended outcome or not at the elite level. Blasting music 24/7 that puts doing and selling drugs into the mind of 13 year old boys' heads absolutely had an effect, that much I know for sure.

RIP DMX. I'll never forget the days of riding around smoking blunt after blunt to It's Dark and Hell is Hot/Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood in my buddies Impala with two 12's blasting in the trunk. Good times.

Its crazy how now a days we put so many things down and say they are not acceptable yet music that glorifies treating woman like garbage and this drug and gangster liifestyle gets a free pass. I wonder if they would ever allow a study to see what kind of net impact on society certain types of music have had.

That's a slippery slope. Music, movies, etc, it's entertainment. People watch slasher flicks like Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm St. and everything since then but don't go into an uproar and say you're creating killers. For some reason with music everything is taken in a literal sense. Why is that? Songs can't be fictional? I remember when Judas Priest got sued because a kid committed suicide. When his parents found him, Priest was playing on his record player. No song is going to hypnotize you to do something bad, wrong, immoral, however someone wants to word it. That young man obviously had a lot more issues going on. Some parents go looking for easy blame. The song that's playing in the background is the least of someone's worries when trying to figure out the things that went wrong with their child. If I were to guess, in some situations, the parents lay blame anywhere they can because it's easier and much less painful than being honest with themselves about their shortcomings as they pertain to their child's suicide.

If someone is letting a song influence them to cause harm to themselves or others, they have much deeper issues that need tending too!

I believe entertainment does influence. And yes being ok with songs that glorify things that society is supposedly against is a huge double standard. Loss of a life is always tragic but this guy is no hero and no mentor. If anything he is an example of who not to be. Just my opinion.

I have to ask "why does anybody care"? Sorry, but 'celebrities' mean nothing to me, they are like ordinary people to me, they live, die, make mistakes, whatever. Lots of useless energy spent on this subject, but JMHO.

I'm in the music biz. I'm a working bass player in many bands and studios over the years. I feel horrible about this. DMX said "I don't care if you're straight for a year every morning you wake up you are still a drug addict. It's always there" He tried many times to get straight. I'm sad because he was a fellow musician.

Couldn't agree with his statement more. I'm one of those drug addicts. Inactive in my addiction but it's still there. I embrace it. Its the path I chose. Grateful for the experiences grateful to be clean. 7 years since I've stuck a needle in my arm.

I believe entertainment does influence. And yes being ok with songs that glorify things that society is supposedly against is a huge double standard. Loss of a life is always tragic but this guy is no hero and no mentor. If anything he is an example of who not to be. Just my opinion.

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”​

exactly. WAKE UP people.

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”​

exactly. WAKE UP people.
Yes, this, EXACTLY! As a parent and as a teacher I see this dynamic play out EVERY DAY and it is scary, but if you can get people ,especially impressionable middle school aged kids to realize how they are being manipulated they can begin to find a balance and find their own path.

One of my favorite songs for years.

When Tyson came out to this song against Botha it was the most savage thing I had ever seen at that time.

Also great was: " The Snake the rat, the cat, the dog, how you going see them if you living in the fog..... " Damien

I think many people forgot how much of a force DMX was for that decade (or less). When I heard about the hospitalization, I listened to him on shuffle all last week and was reminded of all the hit songs. There's not a handful...there's A LOT. The brightest stars never burn the longest.

The way he got hooked on crack was particularly sad to me...and I didn't know it til this past week.

I heard today that DMX got one of the covid vacinations less than a week before dying, according to one of his family members..

I've had bouts with crack. Meth was my go-to though. Crack is like smoking the devils ear wax. Like actually smoking a physical part of evil itself. One hit and you chase that bitch all night or for days. Some people doing unspeakable things. I've been in those dope houses and seen the unspeakable things people do. They've burned images in my head that'll never go away. The older I get the more uncomfortable I feel when those experiences hit. I'm familiar with his position. Not to the caliber his was but not far either. The caliber meaning the level of success he reached opposed to me. The money, the chase...all bad. I loved me some X back in the day. I've buried my face into piles of cocaine rockin his shit. It's def given me another view of my 7 year clean time. Hate that a stud had to fall to see that but it is what it is. God bless you X. I know he's familiar with God so hopefully he's got some chips to cash in with God. Great video. Thanks for that post.

I heard today that DMX got one of the covid vacinations less than a week before dying, according to one of his family members..

This tid-bit of information will likely be censored on the world wide web and labeled a conspiracy theory. Same thing happened with Hank Arron, died shortly after the vaccine and right away when you would try to find info on it about google you were hit with "Fake news conspiracy theory, the VACCINE DID NOT CONTRIBUE TO HANK AARON DEATH". So predictable.

This tid-bit of information will likely be censored on the world wide web and labeled a conspiracy theory. Same thing happened with Hank Arron, died shortly after the vaccine and right away when you would try to find info on it about google you were hit with "Fake news conspiracy theory, the VACCINE DID NOT CONTRIBUE TO HANK AARON DEATH". So predictable.

Way to kill the thread qbkilla! And no, I didn't close it but I will respond.

Here's an intelligent way to look at it...imagine giving millions, tens of millions, hundreds of millions and eventually billions a vaccine. With that wide of a distribution, how many will have a heart attack, how many will be diagnosed with cancer within a week, how many will have a stroke, how many will get dementia symptoms, etc. How can you link something so random to such a wide pool of people? If you gave that many people a shot of Testosterone I'm sure the mortality rate would be equal.

This guy started smoking crack at 14 and is dead at 50...yeah, sounds like the vaccine...smfh. Keep this statistic in mind, 50% of the people that die of a heart attack had no prior symptoms!! My point being, someone in that situation could have started a new medication, ate something, whatever, and people close to them might try to correlate any one of those things but in reality the heart attack was happening regardless.

Get off your COVID/VACCINE soapbox! You've been warned too many times!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear