over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNA Testing - A must for everyone

goal245

Kilo Klub Member
I recently did an ancestry dna test and uploaded the raw DNA data to promethease.com to compare my genes to all known diseases and risk factors.

promethease is a wikipedia style database containing pretty much all of the latest DNA knowledge.

This really helps one get a look into their health and what you have to be cautious about.

There are literally thousands of conditions/risk factors that are provided with the results, the gene sequence studies used to obtain the risk ration are provided and here are some of my most concerning:

3.5-4.4x risk of thrombosis See discussion at Rs6025. Odds ratio based on 2013 and 2017 studies.

7x risk of male baldness 7x risk of baldness among men, according to.

In Japanese, 6.2x increased risk of developing prostate cancer, a 3x increased risk of developing BPH, and a 5.5x increased risk of developing metastatic prostate cancer

>3x risk of schizophrenia

I do have some positives :)

Longer lifespan, 0.28x lower risk of dementia, 0.31x lower risk of Alzheimer's.

some bodybuilding related stuff

Mix of muscle types. Likely sprinter. Normal for white people. One working and one defective copy of the gene for alpha-actinin-3 in fast-twitch muscle fibres. This genotype may indicate somewhat impaired muscles, however many sprinters and some endurance athletes have this.

Some more of the fun stuff to know and appear to be true based on my life experience:

More stimulated by coffee You appear to have a common genotype in the gene CYP1A2 which Drug Metabolism coffee more slowly than some other forms. The same amount of caffeine will tend to have more stimulating effect on slow metabolizers than on fast metabolizers. Ciprofloxacin is also metabolized by CYP1A2, but is unclear if your genotype should influence its effect.

Sweeth tooth tendency; slightly higher odds of preferring candy see rs838133 for discussion

Can taste bitter. Normal tasting ability for bitterness. This makes turnip, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, and other cruciferous vegetables taste more interesting and less horribly bland. Coffee and dark beers also tastes more bitter. You can taste propylthiouracil (PROP), PTC, and related chemicals. On the other hand, you can't taste the unpleasant bitterness of the tropical fruit from the Bignay tree, it will taste sweet to you. You probably eat healthier.

Here is a link to a dynamic sample report, very cool stuff especially when you know its about your genes:

https://files.snpedia.com/reports/promethease_data/genome_Lilly_Mendel_v4_ui2.html

Here is an image from the report for a quick look.

I'm now much more careful about not sitting for too long in the car or plane and not letting my arms fall asleep by laying on them.

I'm also warfarin/coumadin resistant so that is good to know in case I ever need a blood thinner

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Had my mom do this and and some of the health conditions she is at risk for already came true, most recently she had very early stages of skin cancer (doc cut it out in office) on her cheek and her genetic risk is 7x higher for that specific type of cancer

its interesting.....

did you give your name...??
social security #...???

what do they send you...??
where do you send your DNA to exactly...???

what form of DNA do they need from you...???

do they destroy your dna when they are done...???
or do you sign a wavier stating they can use it in any way shape or form..??

and how much was it..???

Last edited:
its interesting.....

did you give your name...??
social security #...???

what do they send you...??
where do you send your DNA to exactly...???

what form of DNA do they need from you...???

do they destroy your dna when they are done...???
or do you sign a wavier stating they can use it in any way shape or form..??

and how much was it..???

First you buy any of the popular dna test kits, 23andme , ancestry DNA etc. you can buy on Amazon. about $50-$100.

You receive a vial, instructions and prepaid envelope

No personal data is given, apart from when you place the order on Amazon but you can use any name.

You spit saliva into a vial with a barcode/number on it.

Then you send it off in the prepaid envelope and results are ready in a few weeks. Testing is done in Washington I think, somewhere in the USA

You register on the 23andme or ancestry website using the number on the vial that you sent, can give false name if you are concerned.

after results are ready you download the raw DNA data and upload it to promethease.com and they process it for $5

You will also see your ancestry results which can be interesting, Mine was a few neighboring countries off from where my Mom thought we were from

There is a HUGE disclaimer about how they will use the data, they will use it for research however they like but you might be able to opt out, again it's just the dna data and it's not linked to your name.

They are losing money on the tests but their goal is to build a database to help with medical research, make genetically targeted medicines etc. and then probably clone and control the smart ones lol

Last edited:
I did mine when 23andme first came out so they were allowed to test for way more stuff. I still check it from time to time for this sort of stuff. I get contacted from all over the world too since they check your genetics against others and your 3rd 4th 7th degree cousins will contact you via messaging inside their system. You can then elect to share parts of your findings with them.

I did mine when 23andme first came out so they were allowed to test for way more stuff. I still check it from time to time for this sort of stuff. I get contacted from all over the world too since they check your genetics against others and your 3rd 4th 7th degree cousins will contact you via messaging inside their system. You can then elect to share parts of your findings with them.

You can run your DNA data through promethease, 23andme is only FDA approved to give you results for about 10 diseases, they got the clearance a few months ago.

With promethease its much more since the FDA didn't get to them yet, maybe they wont since it's more of a research project rather than selling kits like 23andme

Interestingly enough ancestry linked my dna with my moms dna saying they are 100% certain we have a parent/child relationship without them having any other info about us, so you know that genetic stuff is real lol. lots of 5th-7th degree cousins all over the world pretty cool also

Last edited:
mine said im genetically predisposed to contracting HIV :star-:ars

Some of the DNA data bases are open for the government to see, for those that care about big brother watching.

And then there's epigenetic modifications that play amok.

Knowing your DNA profile is kinda-kool. Knowledge of what may be bastardizing gene expression-DNA methylation, histone de/acetylation and mi-RNA expression is rather kool, too.

Last edited:
Just ordered the ancestry 23andme kit. Will get it then send back, then will be uploading to FoundMyFitness website for health results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the DNA data bases are open for the government to see, for those that care about big brother watching.

I'd be more concerned about your phone watching you. I have alexa and google home to keep me safe from the government's ears :headbang:

I feel like this'll add fuel to my growing hypochondria...

Wat if it turns out I got shitty genetics for building muscle...I might pick up veganism then and completely alter my life [emoji26][emoji26]🤤

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I feel like this'll add fuel to my growing hypochondria...

Wat if it turns out I got shitty genetics for building muscle...I might pick up veganism then and completely alter my life [emoji26][emoji26]🤤

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Maybe it'll explain your hypochondria :)

But honestly I feel much better knowing what I might be faced with vs getting caught off guard.

My wife gets a headache from just taking a sip of any kind of alcohol and her genes confirm that she has the worst possible alcohol flush and hangover. i used to laugh and not believe her when she said she feels horrible from a sip of wine but now I guess I believe her lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 245
This is pretty cool, but I feel like some people will take it too seriously and use it as an excuse for things.

In Japanese, 6.2x increased risk of developing prostate cancer, a 3x increased risk of developing BPH, and a 5.5x increased risk of developing metastatic prostate cancer

I thought Japanese had the lowest rates of BPH and cancer

This is pretty cool, but I feel like some people will take it too seriously and use it as an excuse for things.

Yeah, The DNA test can tell us the risk to get some kinds of disease caused by gene mutant, like cancer. But it is just a instruction. There is no need to live life too nervous.

I just sent off my ancestry DNA kit. Curious to see the results. Only $79 on amazon.

I will definitely cross reference it for the medical data.

would be just a matter of time before it becomes admissible in court.

:cool:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner