over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP and Neuropathy

kingdawg98

Registered
Anyone else experiencing any type of numbness and tingling in the feet and or hands from using DNP? If so how long did it last?

thats odd bro... you researching any slin, igf or gh? any neck probs? Last year I thought i had neropathy and it was cervical issues.

DNP neuropathy does happen to people but it doesn't seem all that common, best thing is really to stop or see if much lower doses makes it go away.

Never heard of this either. Are you retaining a lot of water from the dnp? ..rings around your ankles from your socks.

Never heard of this either. Are you retaining a lot of water from the dnp? ..rings around your ankles from your socks.

This is what happens basically Peripheral neuropathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I had a very mild version of it happen to my ankles, thought nothing of it as it went away rather quickly. But for some people it can get debilitating, like such severe pain it's hard to sleep or walk.

Google dnp neuropathy and you can read some posts with peoples experiences with it.

Last edited:
On high dose DNP you'll retain water which will in turn create pressure & cause neuropathy sometimes. A mild diuretic will take care of this.

NO DIURETICS!!

I really think taking a diuretic while on DNP is very dangerous!!! Are you drinking tons of water? You should, what about working out? I do an hour on the treadmill everyday while on 500mg crystallized DNP. I sweat buckets, this helps with the water retention alot.

I wasn't researching anything else, just DNP (and supps. ie., vitamins, glucosamine, etc...) and a clean diet and the gym. did 2 months at 250mg, then 2 more months on 500mg. It worked great, but stopped after my feet went tingling and numb, actually had some shooting pains in my feet once in awhile. It's been a month, it's still there, but it feels that it's been getting better, it's just more annoying now than painful, but my feet are still cold as hell and can get extremely sensitive. It hurts to cut my toenails. It hasn't hindered me from working out... Been taking calcium, B12, and Alpha lipoic for nerves...

Went to the clinic and talked to the doctor and had some blood tests. Will find out results this tuesday. Doc said I was pretty damn healthy other than what I was feeling. I asked him to check for Diabetes, and my blood sugar checked normal. Also asked to check for thyroid and any other diseases that cause neuropathy.

After looking it up online and seeing that other bros were experiencing the exact same thing, I wanted to know what happened. But since I belong to this forum (cuz it's great), I just wanted to know if anyone else had any similar experiences. When I read up on some of the other boards, the thread just died after everyone said they'll go see the doctor. No follow up of whether they're OK or if it got better...

I will update after the 2nd doctor visit this tuesday and onward, just so there's some kind info out there for bros experiencing the same...

Last edited:
Just An update...Got the results from the doc and my blood panel was good. No diabetes, thyroid working well, blood pressure great...etc..

The neuropathy is still there but after a month and a half it's getting better, just have to keep myself warm and wear loose, warm socks. Doc just told me to stretch spine muscles and add some B12. Probably will order some synthelemin from sythetek.

DNP definitely works (went from 206 lbs to 176 lbs, with a good diet)...in my case I went too long on it (4 1/2 months) on low dose (250mg for 2 months then 500mg for 2 1/2 months). Some bros only went a few weeks before developing Neuropathy, and some much more painful and worse, depends on each persons tolerance. Now I know...I don't know if I'll ever do it again, probably not. Now I just have to heal my nerves, something about mylin sheath around the nerves with some B12 and alpha lipoic acid...I hope this helps, as far any info on side effects, of course it's not science or anything like that, but its information...

Anyone that decides to take DNP should get all the info they can get on it, as far as effectiveness and some possible side effects; BUT it's still on you, like it was on ME. Neuropathy never came up as a side effect when I was researching it. I had to put Neuropathy and DNP together in google search to find out about it. Hell, I didn't even know what Neuropathy was until now. Seems like someone from 2004 posted something about it in another forum and some people have been reporting it as lately as this year as well, but described it as tingling and numbness as well as pins and needles and shooting pain in feet. I'm a grown man and make my own decisions, I have no else to blame if I have made the effort to find out all I can about it.

Thanks for the input bros.

you don't want to dry your body out with diuretics, since the dnp dries you out enough already.

get diet in check, carbs/salt etc..

or just live with it...

Why not? I'm not saying lasix? But perhaps a mild one like dyazide or even a natural one like uva ursi.

You can easily dehydrate on DNP by itself. I have and ended up in the hospital after getting a virus and being on DNP.
You adding a diuretic is asking for a trip to the ER. I cant believe some people don't research more.

You want to load up on fluids and electrolytes while on DNP.
Pick up some pedialyte children's drink, it is great for staying hydrated, especially if you get the 'DNP shits'.

As others have said, DNP dries you out, yet makes you hold water.... it blunts thirst even though you need hydration. That is what makes it dangerous. You are going to be glucose depleted (flat) on DNP, so don't bother worrying about how you look while you are on it. A diuretic is just plain dangerous while on DNP, and really isn't going to improve your look while running it.
If holding the water is causing a little discomfort that you don't want to experience, then drop the dose....don't add drugs to combat sides.

Sometimes your body retains water when you need water. I personally would take what you are describing as a sign that you are not hydrated enough.
Drink plenty of water (pedialyte too if you can), and take (3) tablespoons of Glycerol per day. The glycerol helps keep you hydrated and reduces cramping. It is a must have supplement while on DNP, and it listed in the DNP manual that Animal wrote.....which is really the finest piece of writing on DNP out there, IMO.

Anyone else experiencing any type of numbness and tingling in the feet and or hands from using DNP? If so how long did it last?

Has it gone? How did you sort it? have you used DNP since? What was the causes and how can you prevent it? (I had amazing dnp fat loss results and it would be a shame if I can't use it again because of this permanent condition)

I am day 5 from stopping DNP and I still can't walk due to sharp burning sensation in my feet :( Does it ever go mate?

Last edited:
Slightly diff question (I searched didn't find answer):
What's average gain water weight you guys are gaining at first - 3-4lbs?

I havent really gained much water while taking it, I havnent gone above 400mg though. I notice Im only slightly warmer, but if I eat some carbs Ill heat up alot for a hour or so.

I believe the water retention comes because as your body is overheating the blood vessels dialate to cool you off, this increasing blood volume thus increasing water retention. This is why diuretics dont really work, its a different mechanism.

Has it gone? How did you sort it? have you used DNP since? What was the causes and how can you prevent it? (I had amazing dnp fat loss results and it would be a shame if I can't use it again because of this permanent condition)

I am day 5 from stopping DNP and I still can't walk due to sharp burning sensation in my feet :( Does it ever go mate?

The pain has subsided but I'm still feeling numbness in my feet, both of my feet at times. especially on cold days. I still have issues with my feet as they get tired and ache when I walk a long ways. the needles in my hands are gone, (thank God) Never happened before the DNP. I wouldn't use it again, if I were you. I too lost a ton of fat on it. Gained it back unfortunately, but the effects aren't worth the pain and possibly permanent damage to your nerves. I used it for 4 months. I stopped it in November. The worst of it was thru the winter into February. It started easing up, but I still have lingering effects. Been taking B-12 and supps for nerve health. I think it has something to do with your body re-building the mylene sheaths around the nerves. That unfortunately takes awhile.

If it's too much to bear, go to a doctor bro. It never got to a point where I couldn't walk, just very uncomfortable and somewhat painful at times. usually the pain would shoot during the night, when I was asleep. The neuropathy seems to have effected me depending on the weather. If it was hot, like the summer, my feet was hot, when it was cold, my feet was numb and icy.

I really hope you get better bro. Keep me, us updated. There's not a lot of info out there on this, just bro-science. I think it would benefit all of us if everyone contributed to this and not just the positive sides that come with this stuff.

I wanted to add to this, as I've experience neuropathy taking low dose DNP for 10 days. Only took 150-200mg/day of the less potent sodium version.

I was "careful" by taking na-r-ala, ALCAR, betaine anhydrous, low-sodium V8, tomato juice, V8 Fusion, and a little GLA (but ran out...) The odd thing is I've seen studies posted by Conciliator that DNP itself is neuroprotective, so I don't know what the MOA is that could cause neuritis in some individuals.

I ended up with slight pins and needles in my feet, as well as my left shoulder blade. I stopped taking DNP when I suddenly became dizzy, and the dizziness did not go away. After some research, I came to the conclusion that the DNP had caused some mild vestibular neuritis resulting in my dizziness.

6 weeks later, I'm not experiencing any sort of dizziness or pins and needles. So being the experimental risktaker that I am, I'm starting again today at a low-dose. 130mg taken this morning.

My support supps this time are:

1. Sustained release NAC 800mg
2. Ester-C 1g
3. 400 iu vitamin E
4. 1g calcium pyruvate
5. Benfotiamine (vitamin b3 analog shown to protect against neuritis)
6. Evening primrose oil (good GLA content - won't run out this time!)
7. Regular V-8
8. Magnesium Citrate
9. Apple cider vinegar (lower acidity from lactic acid accumulation)
10. baking soda (lowers acidity and improves exercise performance)

Dropping na-r-ala, ALCAR, TMG and running an isocaloric diet.

And before anyone chimes in with DNP kills, it's only killed 12 people from 2000-2010 (don't have data from 2010 to current) and they were either intentional suicides, unintentional dosing (2 of them didn't have a clue they ingested DNP), or overdose by stupidity.

Never had that problem while using DNP and I have used it a lot in upwards of 3 pills per day (one every 7 hours). However 2 weeks max on DNP is all I ever do with high doses. With low doses the most ive gone is 3 weeks at 1 a day.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws