over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP as nootropic/life extension

Reminds of the “HCG diet” where you eat 500 calories a day and drink the pregnant lady piss but people are convinced the piss is the reason why they lost weight....

LMAO you didn't make a single intelligent statement so I was as broad as you. Please enlighten me?

Turning off a primary energy system long term and cranking up your internal thermostat, great idea, your organs will love all the extra fluid they have to push. Like how TF do you expect "nootropic effects" from something that inhibits atp, how you getting electrolytes to the brain? I'm sure hyperkalemia is fine, who needs a functional electrosytem anyways. Not to fugin mention the prolonged risk of neuropathy. Almost as good of an idea as taking anecdotal evidence from a stranger.

In your defense I've seen you say more unintelligent post than this.

Just about any claim DNP makes for longevity is had by keeping a prolonged state of low carbs which can be had without the DNP. This is reverse casuality, the DNP is hardly what's creating benefit it's the weight loss which is why it's only promoted in spurts. DNP has very real side effects which will be indefinitely be amplified over time; cardiac, renal, and neuropathic issues are all very real no mater what the dose.
I've got about 200 days of total DNP use under my belt. It's a bad idea, there's clearly no one here that's been on for anywhere near that long. If you would have ran a search there's tons of threads of discussing moderate to prolonged lengths but nothing as ridiculous as four years.

As for your psuedo research. Those human studies from the early part of the century are trash and anything else is a rodent being observed for hyper specific mechanisms rather than state of being. Life cycles of humans aren't the same as rats. Any "research" you pull up on this subject are going to be way to narrow to do anything but warrant further research.

Don't even get me started on microdosing

While I do not necessarily agree with making the op feel stupid for asking a question, I certainly do agree with the explanations as to why DNP probably isn't the best choice as a life extender.

Reminds of the “HCG diet” where you eat 500 calories a day and drink the pregnant lady piss but people are convinced the piss is the reason why they lost weight....
We are not talking about weightloss doses here. But ok, yeah its like that🙄

I have seen some really interesting data on the subject. Your question is not stupid in the slightest because it's clearly been shown to have many positive effects. Many people no matter what research you post will always say DNP is not safe and it's poison etc etc. However I do agree with the others and I would not recommend taking it for long durations. It's an amazing fat burner that can be used at a sensible dose for approx 1 month with few side effects and I fully recommend it as long as it's run smartly. But staying on for years is a completely different thing.

DNP is very powerful so whilst it has many positive effects it also has negative ones. Moreover, the full extent of it's effects inside the human body are still unknown. Now it is true I can't be certain and state it's definitely going to negatively effect your health as I simply don't know. However, after experiencing the effects of dnp on numerous occasions I think such a protocol is risky and I don't see the point in taking risks with your health in the long term. It's pretty much the same reason why most of us don't stay on anything powerful for long periods and we cycle on/off.

250 mg EOD is not a microdose. That's a real cycle dose. I would burn more than 500 extra calories per day on that. The main disadvantage I see is how even lowish doses can have a negative effect on the immune system. I can't run 100 mg/day for more than a week or two without getting sick with a cold.

250 mg EOD is not a microdose. That's a real cycle dose. I would burn more than 500 extra calories per day on that. The main disadvantage I see is how even lowish doses can have a negative effect on the immune system. I can't run 100 mg/day for more than a week or two without getting sick with a cold.

When I say microdose, I just mean lower than typical bodybuilder or weightloss dosages. But really just low-dose use. Most therapeutic dosages i have seen range anywhere from .5 to 5mg per kg for various diseases. There was a really good resource online, the attachment is too large for this forum, but Google "2,4 Dinitrophenol as Medicine" by John G. Geisler if you or anyone else is interested, that talks about multiple diseases and treatment with DNP. I find it interesting. I do appreciate everyone's perspective that added value to the post instead of just coming here and claiming its dumb right off the bat.lol.

Idk if I, personally, would run dnp for YEARS at a time, but I ran 125mg/day for 6 months in 2006-2007, then 250mg for 4 months in 2009, and then 250-500mg for 4 months a few years ago (2014 maybe?). I can't speak on the nootropic effects, but blood work got better during the cycle than it was before the cycle... Nothing major and bw was already good, but it did improve a bit.

I think Animal used to wrote about doing this type of thing a long time ago (probably where I got the idea from) or someone from the old DBB or UGM boards. Either way, the basic idea was similar to what you're asking...low doses of 25-50mg per day for longer periods

Idk if I, personally, would run dnp for YEARS at a time, but I ran 125mg/day for 6 months in 2006-2007, then 250mg for 4 months in 2009, and then 250-500mg for 4 months a few years ago (2014 maybe?). I can't speak on the nootropic effects, but blood work got better during the cycle than it was before the cycle... Nothing major and bw was already good, but it did improve a bit.

I think Animal used to wrote about doing this type of thing a long time ago (probably where I got the idea from) or someone from the old DBB or UGM boards. Either way, the basic idea was similar to what you're asking...low doses of 25-50mg per day for longer periods

Thank you! That's the kind of feedback I wanted to hear about, people with experience regarding this matter. I haven't heard the name Animal in years! Wish I had read more of his stuff. I think I was on the Anabolex board way back then. Just out of curiosity, how were your workouts? Any muscle gain? I know that DNP is great at preserving muscle, but it also suppresses mTOR.

Thank you! That's the kind of feedback I wanted to hear about, people with experience regarding this matter. I haven't heard the name Animal in years! Wish I had read more of his stuff. I think I was on the Anabolex board way back then. Just out of curiosity, how were your workouts? Any muscle gain? I know that DNP is great at preserving muscle, but it also suppresses mTOR.

I think Animals board is still up I think but a different name if it's possible to sign up over there still you can try to find the dnp threads... They transfered a lot of the old stuff to that board, but some of the main threads were lost (ie CFP).

Since I wasn't using it for fat loss there wasn't that big of a caloric deficit, so I just increased my calories to make sure I was maintaining. I wasn't trying to gain muscle at the time either though so i can't speak on muscle gains. I did get stronger though and I was able to increase endurance on it, each time I stopped my endurance would improve pretty heavily. I remember thinking at the time that it might be possible to use dnp this way to intentionally hurt endurance in the months leading up to an endurance type of event and then cut the dnp in the weeks leading up to the event... probably a stupid idea, but figured a marathon runner or cycler would have to work under more difficult circumstances during a dnp run, training times would take a hot, but over time you could adjust to improve the times beyond what you were doing before and then come off to allow better recovery and restore glycogen stores in the weeks before the event allowing to work just as hard or harder for dramatically improved times. Idk, just a thought...I'm not an endurance guy.

I wasn't taking anything else during those times either. I don't think muscle was lost, but I also don't think any was gained... Coming off the DNP my thyroid was low, but bounced back easily and I did gain coming off by a few lbs... Strength went up faster and more easily and the workouts were easier. I think it helped create new "set points" too... If I do this again, it'll be after a hard diet and brief rebound period with maintenance calories just to see test that theory

Cracker69, I also don’t believe in disrespecting you on here. I’m a fan of DNP but I don’t see anyone getting any real nootropic benefit from the drug. It sounds like you have made up your mind, give it a shot and report back to us.

I think Animals board is still up I think but a different name if it's possible to sign up over there still you can try to find the dnp threads... They transfered a lot of the old stuff to that board, but some of the main threads were lost (ie CFP).

Since I wasn't using it for fat loss there wasn't that big of a caloric deficit, so I just increased my calories to make sure I was maintaining. I wasn't trying to gain muscle at the time either though so i can't speak on muscle gains. I did get stronger though and I was able to increase endurance on it, each time I stopped my endurance would improve pretty heavily. I remember thinking at the time that it might be possible to use dnp this way to intentionally hurt endurance in the months leading up to an endurance type of event and then cut the dnp in the weeks leading up to the event... probably a stupid idea, but figured a marathon runner or cycler would have to work under more difficult circumstances during a dnp run, training times would take a hot, but over time you could adjust to improve the times beyond what you were doing before and then come off to allow better recovery and restore glycogen stores in the weeks before the event allowing to work just as hard or harder for dramatically improved times. Idk, just a thought...I'm not an endurance guy.

I wasn't taking anything else during those times either. I don't think muscle was lost, but I also don't think any was gained... Coming off the DNP my thyroid was low, but bounced back easily and I did gain coming off by a few lbs... Strength went up faster and more easily and the workouts were easier. I think it helped create new "set points" too... If I do this again, it'll be after a hard diet and brief rebound period with maintenance calories just to see test that theory

I appreciate your input man, I'll have to see if I can find Animal's board.

Cracker69, I also don’t believe in disrespecting you on here. I’m a fan of DNP but I don’t see anyone getting any real nootropic benefit from the drug. It sounds like you have made up your mind, give it a shot and report back to us.

I don't think that i would run it for years, but maybe something similar to how UnderConstruction did, during a maintenance/cut phase to help prime for a good lean bulk. Not sure yet. But I may play with it.

Just about any claim DNP makes for longevity is had by keeping a prolonged state of low carbs which can be had without the DNP. This is reverse casuality, the DNP is hardly what's creating benefit it's the weight loss which is why it's only promoted in spurts. DNP has very real side effects which will be indefinitely be amplified over time; cardiac, renal, and neuropathic issues are all very real no mater what the dose.
I've got about 200 days of total DNP use under my belt. It's a bad idea, there's clearly no one here that's been on for anywhere near that long. If you would have ran a search there's tons of threads of discussing moderate to prolonged lengths but nothing as ridiculous as four years.

As for your psuedo research. Those human studies from the early part of the century are trash and anything else is a rodent being observed for hyper specific mechanisms rather than state of being. Life cycles of humans aren't the same as rats. Any "research" you pull up on this subject are going to be way to narrow to do anything but warrant further research.

Don't even get me started on microdosing

How were your electrolyte levels?

I think that there is definitely some benefit to be had using DNP for purposes other than fat loss. The doses most use are just too high and too dangerous and pretty uncomfortable. I'm pretty toasty all day right now just running 250mg per day. But from the research I've read, the lower doses for longer periods allows for the creation of more mitochondria and increased efficiency, which will definitely improve performance if you give the body enough time to make the adaptations to the DNP instead of shorter high dose runs. Its also conducive to longevity, more mitochondria is less taxing so when energy needs stay the same, and aging decreases mitochondria placing greater demands on remaining mitochondria, there is less atrophy and aging and when meeting those energy needs. I think for me, running 250mg per day for fatloss for a month or two is optimal, anymore is just not desirable and feels like shit. Then maybe running 250mg 3 times a week spread out for cruise/maintenance or continuing to cut. Then when you drop it after 3 to 6 months and blast, I think you will be primed for more strength and more growth when suppression of mTOR has stopped, androgen increase and you have created more mitochondria to create more ATP. I think it would also be a good time after the DNP run to load up on creatine to replenish ATP further and to further hydrate the muscle cells, as well as increase glycogen since the muscles have been starved or at least not been optimal. Insulin sensitivity will be high and the creatine will also enable more Glut4 to help supercompensate. So to put this into an ideal blast and cruise, maybe run 6 months of low dose DNP on cruise/cut, and 6 months blast for growth.

I think that there is definitely some benefit to be had using DNP for purposes other than fat loss. The doses most use are just too high and too dangerous and pretty uncomfortable. I'm pretty toasty all day right now just running 250mg per day. But from the research I've read, the lower doses for longer periods allows for the creation of more mitochondria and increased efficiency, which will definitely improve performance if you give the body enough time to make the adaptations to the DNP instead of shorter high dose runs. Its also conducive to longevity, more mitochondria is less taxing so when energy needs stay the same, and aging decreases mitochondria placing greater demands on remaining mitochondria, there is less atrophy and aging and when meeting those energy needs. I think for me, running 250mg per day for fatloss for a month or two is optimal, anymore is just not desirable and feels like shit. Then maybe running 250mg 3 times a week spread out for cruise/maintenance or continuing to cut. Then when you drop it after 3 to 6 months and blast, I think you will be primed for more strength and more growth when suppression of mTOR has stopped, androgen increase and you have created more mitochondria to create more ATP. I think it would also be a good time after the DNP run to load up on creatine to replenish ATP further and to further hydrate the muscle cells, as well as increase glycogen since the muscles have been starved or at least not been optimal. Insulin sensitivity will be high and the creatine will also enable more Glut4 to help supercompensate. So to put this into an ideal blast and cruise, maybe run 6 months of low dose DNP on cruise/cut, and 6 months blast for growth.

Do you get sick more often with this dose? I know it's not just me. Lots of guys online have said that they tend to get more colds on DNP. This might not be the best time historically to have a weakened immune system.

I prefer lower doses like 100 - 150 mg/day. It's a nice little boost to a cutting cycle where I'm already in a deficit. The only side effect I get (for a week or two) is feeling warmer and sweating more in the gym. 250 mg/day takes away my energy at the gym and at my job.

Oh ok. You're looking for some good ole fashioned confirmation bias. :)

Am I reading this correctly, DNP is somehow creating new mitochondria?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131