over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP as nootropic/life extension

Cracker69

Registered
Its been a while since I've used DNP, and was just reviewing the latest to refresh my memory and came across several studies showing micro doses having beneficial effects for health when it came to cognitive function, decreased triglycerides, neuroprotective qualities, etc. Anyway, I was just curious to know if anyone has run small doses for extended periods of time here. I saw a post in my web search by someone posting about extended use, and thought it was interesting. It is below, let me know what you think...

"No personal input, but I remember a thread on a different forum of someone who took low-dose DNP for 4 years straight and claimed some mitochondrial-related benefits:

I have been on a low-dose of DNP for nearly 4 years and figured some of you may be interested in hearing about my experience.
Most consistently, I used a low dose, 250 mgs, every other day. I experimented with doses up to but no more than 500 msg everyday. The results have been life-changing. I truly believe DNP to be one of the best supplements available for metabolic health and life-extending purposes. Over the four years I have never been sick with the exception of contracting mononucleosis about 2 years ago. I used to be very susceptible to sickness and infections. My energy levels and sense of well-being are high, my hormone levels are all in healthy ranges, my body composition is excellent and more resilient to bad diets and lack of exercise, and I even believe I sleep better. Metabolism remains at an elevated state, even upon cessation. I believe it is helping to maintain mitochondrial health and perhaps could help reverse age-related mitochondrial decline. It reduces ROS and has improved my insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. I have suffered no known negative side-effects and do not use supplements to mitigate its side effects, nor do I believe it to be necessary. I do not necessarily believe DNP to be solely responsible for my excellent state of health, but do believe it has helped maintained a healthy metabolic environment, which as a result has improved my general health and well-being.
My concerns: I plan to continue DNP supplementation perhaps for the extent of my life. I have reviewed libraries worth of literature on the subject and have found little reason to discontinue, but if you believe there are significant concerns that should be addressed I would be delighted to hear your insight. My primary concern is cataracts. At the doses I take I have not noticed a yellowing of any tissue or bodily fluids. At higher doses, though, I did experience yellowing of bodily fluids. I'm concerned about the possibility that DNP may deposit yellow pigments into the lens of the eye, facilitating the cataract development that is sometimes reported. At this point, and with the doses I use, I hope this does not become a problem. Annual eye appointments have not suggested it to be a problem as of yet, but never-the-less it is a concern of mine.
Second, I wonder the impact of DNP on gut microbiota. I would assume that DNP-mediated mitochondrial uncoupling would occur in the gut bacteria as well. I don't know if this would promote healthy bacterial colonization or reduce it. I have not noticed any significant gut-related problems but I still plan to have a stool analysis performed some day. Although, it may not be too revealing as I have had a strong medical history with antibiotic use, up until about 4 years ago."

I'm glad you think this is dumb and simply a justification to stuff more drugs into me.lol. Anyone else with actual intelligence, experience or constructive feedback with value? Fun fact: asking questions, exploring new things can be progressive sometimes. Except for flat-earthers.haha

I'm glad you think this is dumb and simply a justification to stuff more drugs into me.lol. Anyone else with actual intelligence, experience or constructive feedback with value? Fun fact: asking questions, exploring new things can be progressive sometimes. Except for flat-earthers.haha

LMAO you didn't make a single intelligent statement so I was as broad as you. Please enlighten me?

Turning off a primary energy system long term and cranking up your internal thermostat, great idea, your organs will love all the extra fluid they have to push. Like how TF do you expect "nootropic effects" from something that inhibits atp, how you getting electrolytes to the brain? I'm sure hyperkalemia is fine, who needs a functional electrosytem anyways. Not to fugin mention the prolonged risk of neuropathy. Almost as good of an idea as taking anecdotal evidence from a stranger.

In your defense I've seen you say more unintelligent post than this.

Like I always say, do as you please, just don't act like you know what you're saying

My questions are based on sound research which you have obviously not read, not just the statement from the individual. Thanks for playin though.🤫

Taking DNP long term is equivalent of a flat earther homie. GL to you.

Doubling down on ignorance. You still haven't said anything to support your "theory."

Do as you please, want to be a lab rat try it, just don't spew bullshit and act like you know what you're saying.

I'll ask again, how can something that inhibits nutrients to pass the blood brain barrier going to work as a nootropic?

I'm not going to spoon-feed you the research available. Go look it up. Otherwise keep scrolling. You've voiced your opinion.

I love the sweet smell or trolls in the AM

Iron can be a bit harsh but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong. Any possible benefits of using DNP would pale in contrast to any potential damage it could do. Also keep in mind that just like you the person who you are using a base for knowledge is trying to justify its malicious use, you can find plenty of guys on here who have been on Tren for years straight and will tell you how it hasn’t done any harm to them. You can also search hard enough and find people online who will tout the benefits of drinking bleach and no I’m not referring to our president who said it in jest, there really are people out there.

That being said I’ve used DNP and I’m sure I will again in the future, if you want to use it that’s fine and it’s your choice you don’t have to go down rabbit holes to justify it.

Iron can be a bit harsh but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong. Any possible benefits of using DNP would pale in contrast to any potential damage it could do. Also keep in mind that just like you the person who you are using a base for knowledge is trying to justify its malicious use, you can find plenty of guys on here who have been on Tren for years straight and will tell you how it hasn’t done any harm to them. You can also search hard enough and find people online who will tout the benefits of drinking bleach and no I’m not referring to our president who said it in jest, there really are people out there.

That being said I’ve used DNP and I’m sure I will again in the future, if you want to use it that’s fine and it’s your choice you don’t have to go down rabbit holes to justify it.

It also doesn't mean I'm correct. But if you can't even back up your statement why get mad?

Again, my questions are based on actual research not the anecdotal evidence or statement I copied and pasted which I thought would be relevant compared to studies using animals. I'm not trying to justify anything, I asked if anyone had experience doing this or knowledge of it and instead I keep getting responses from people that have no experience running microdoses for extended periods or no real knowledge of the subject...
Here are a couple of studies, there are plenty...

It also doesn't mean I'm correct. But if you can't even back up your statement why get mad?

My original post was not making a statement it was seeking experience and knowledge from members that may have info on the subject based on research easily available. I don't get mad at ignorance. Annoyed is a better word.

My original post was not making a statement it was seeking experience and knowledge from members that may have info on the subject based on research easilt available.
Just about any claim DNP makes for longevity is had by keeping a prolonged state of low carbs which can be had without the DNP. This is reverse casuality, the DNP is hardly what's creating benefit it's the weight loss which is why it's only promoted in spurts. DNP has very real side effects which will be indefinitely be amplified over time; cardiac, renal, and neuropathic issues are all very real no mater what the dose.
I've got about 200 days of total DNP use under my belt. It's a bad idea, there's clearly no one here that's been on for anywhere near that long. If you would have ran a search there's tons of threads of discussing moderate to prolonged lengths but nothing as ridiculous as four years.

As for your psuedo research. Those human studies from the early part of the century are trash and anything else is a rodent being observed for hyper specific mechanisms rather than state of being. Life cycles of humans aren't the same as rats. Any "research" you pull up on this subject are going to be way to narrow to do anything but warrant further research.

Don't even get me started on microdosing

I think that the potential problems with DNP, are dose dependent and that it may be possible to reach a peak saturation point that is not detrimental and in fact a be a "healthy stressor" similar to say fasting, and its benefits potentially go beyond being as a result of weight loss. Ive seen more than a few people post dosages, not on this board, in the range of 50 to 100mg per day, or 200/250 eod for 3 years or more with positive feedback. Like alcohol that is a toxin, it is dose dependent where it can be problematic or it may have some bemefits. I appreciate your input, however I think it is foolish to completely dismiss all studies whether or not they are used on rats. Yes humans are different but they are many biological similarities which is why they use them, and we are still mammals after all and nothing special.lol. I look forward to other's responses.

Animal studies are either for proving a premeditated hypothesis or to prove future research is warranted.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131