over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP diet questions

lmt183

Registered
Hey guys, I’m doing a shorter, higher dose DNP run right now. Today is day 7 of 12 of 1g/day crystal. Before freaking out, know that I have a lot of experience using DNP, and am not being stupid about it (staying cool / hydrated / glycerine/ taking electrolytes and suggested vitamins / also taking pryuvate). Keep in mind I am 270lbs also, as dosing is weight dependent of course. That aside, i have been sticking to a very low carb diet, as I find this keeps the heat and sweating somewhat under control. I was thinking of having a higher carb meal tomorrow evening, to possibly spike my t3 levels back up. I’ve seen lots of conflicting information regarding suggested diets on DNP but was hoping for a little feedback. I’m not out of control hungry either, I’m not looking for a carb meal for mental relief, I just want to optimize this run. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey guys, I’m doing a shorter, higher dose DNP run right now. Today is day 7 of 12 of 1g/day crystal. Before freaking out, know that I have a lot of experience using DNP, and am not being stupid about it (staying cool / hydrated / glycerine/ taking electrolytes and suggested vitamins / also taking pryuvate). Keep in mind I am 270lbs also, as dosing is weight dependent of course. That aside, i have been sticking to a very low carb diet, as I find this keeps the heat and sweating somewhat under control. I was thinking of having a higher carb meal tomorrow evening, to possibly spike my t3 levels back up. I’ve seen lots of conflicting information regarding suggested diets on DNP but was hoping for a little feedback. I’m not out of control hungry either, I’m not looking for a carb meal for mental relief, I just want to optimize this run. Any feedback would be appreciated.

that makes no sense

want fastest fat loss? go PSMF diet

that makes no sense

Ok, thank you, this was something I had read in one of MANY DNP tutorials / FAQs. Sounds like skip the carbs for now lol.

that makes no sense

Correct. Guys the science is pretty clear. Stop taking advice from dipshit gym bros. Quiet insulin = maximum lipolysis in just about any nutritional environment.

As slice says, on DNP, Cut carbs and insert an 8 hour fasting period. Cut hard for a bit with that to get the fat off. Insert more carbs back in when you start to see signs of muscle loss and phase off DNP. Work the carbs in after some major fat loss. Take advantage of the reserve diet effect. Fill back out with moderate carbs and continue to lean up as performance increases. You'll get some size and strength back but keep it strict and continue progress on fat loss. Seen it replicated in guys over and over...

I mean, yes, there is more than one way to skin a cat. You can have your 5x meals of rice and chicken if you want, but this shit works fast. Lower carbs on DNP will have you feeling better too. Incorporating some fasting has been shown to shine numerous times too in studies.

Last edited:
I’ve never understood the guys who eat fruit and carbs on DNP. ALL the research says=it’s gonna get wasted, make you fucking hot and sweaty, and slow fat oxidation. Unless you pin some insulin and eat a fuckton....that shit will never make it to be stored as muscle glycogen long

Edit: trickling in a FEW carbs through veggies/berries now and then does help with some of the epic death feeling. But
So does nicotine.

Last edited:
I’ve never understood the guys who eat fruit and carbs on DNP. ALL the research says=it’s gonna get wasted, make you fucking hot and sweaty, and slow fat oxidation. Unless you pin some insulin and eat a fuckton....that shit will never make it to be stored as muscle glycogen long

Edit: trickling in a FEW carbs through veggies/berries now and then does help with some of the epic death feeling. But
So does nicotine.

because concilator said blah blah

im the new concilator :star-:ars

All the feedback is much appreciated. Been using a little bit of ECA to keep energy levels up and appetite down. I’ll do a 12 hour fast from here on out. Keep it to meat and a little veggies to make my stomach happy. Coming off a bulk, I’m still happy restricting my food intake. Eating so much becomes about as bad as hard cutting. The big DNP FAQ on this forum suggests an isocaloric diet... which is partially why I thought some carbs may help. Anyways, everything you guys said made sense. Thanks again.

Last edited:
All the feedback is much appreciated. Been using a little bit of ECA to keep energy levels up and appetite down. I’ll do a 12 hour fast from here on out. Keep it to meat and a little veggies to make my stomach happy. The big DNP FAQ on this forum suggests an isocaloric diet... which is partially why I thought some carbs may help. Anyways, everything you guys said made sense. Thanks again.

yeah that thread needs to be deleted and redone

Why cut carbs? if you’re in calorie deficit DNP will work; if u have carbs in your diet or not.

To reactivate your T3 you need much more than a cheat meal, and first, you should out of DNP.

Is a keto better? Probably, but if you have a few carbohydrates (50 grams a day), you should still be losing fat. It also must be difficult to stay away from carbohydrates with 1 gram a day, but if you do, then you will lose more fat. And I would hate the heat that carbohydrates might involve.

Last edited:
I've never tried DNP but I'm going to soon. Especially the fact that it's anti-catabolic (as opposed to T3) is enticing.

So get me all excited, how well does it really work? (I plan on staying on 200 mg/day on a longer schedule)

Why cut carbs? if you’re in calorie deficit DNP will work; if u have carbs in your diet or not.

I’m not saying carbs will muck up fat loss, I’m just saying they will never refill glycogen, and honestly make you feel hotter and nastier (IMO) I like PSMF, get the fat off fast as fucking possible and get off DNP

Now that I'm hijacking the OP's thread anyway: a PSMF is definitely not an option for me. I need my Serotonin and thus I need my carbs. Is the heat from eating carbs on DNP THAT bad or are you guys overstating it?

carbs will slow fat loss (obviously) and on DNP, they will make you feel pretty shitty... especially during warmer months

if it's the middle of winter, and it's freezing outside, then it won't be so bad.

but in my extensive experience, they won't make you feel 'better' or even remotely good, at all.

they always make me feel worse afterward, because besides the heat, i know that i slowed down my fat loss (and didnt get ANY benefit from it).

I've never tried DNP but I'm going to soon. Especially the fact that it's anti-catabolic (as opposed to T3) is enticing.

So get me all excited, how well does it really work? (I plan on staying on 200 mg/day on a longer schedule)

if you do on a PSMF diet, and keep your strength up in the gym throughout the duration of the cycle, you will be blown away by the fat loss results.

which could lead to disappointment - because when a lot of guys get very lean, they learn how little muscle they actually do have.

carbs will slow fat loss (obviously) and on DNP, they will make you feel pretty shitty... especially during warmer months

if it's the middle of winter, and it's freezing outside, then it won't be so bad.

but in my extensive experience, they won't make you feel 'better' or even remotely good, at all.

they always make me feel worse afterward, because besides the heat, i know that i slowed down my fat loss (and didnt get ANY benefit from it).

You know your body best, I know mine best. If you feel worse on carbs and better on a PSMF then obviously I would go that route as well. There's no arguing with your biofeedback.

I really need my carbs for Serotonin production, I get all the low Serotonin symptoms on protein-only or keto-diets. Angry, edgy, anxious, depressed, ... It wouldn't be sane of me to not go the high carb-route.

"To each his own" ;)

which could lead to disappointment - because when a lot of guys get very lean, they learn how little muscle they actually do have.

Lol, true dat! You always overestimate it. It's never the other way around for nobody haha

You know your body best, I know mine best. If you feel worse on carbs and better on a PSMF then obviously I would go that route as well. There's no arguing with your biofeedback.

I really need my carbs for Serotonin production, I get all the low Serotonin symptoms on protein-only or keto-diets. Angry, edgy, anxious, depressed, ... It wouldn't be sane of me to not go the high carb-route.

"To each his own" ;)

you said you've never used DNP before?

carbs make everyone feel good... all im saying is that the bad/good feeling ratio switches to unfavorable when using DNP.

but I guess you will see that for yourself.

Lol, true dat! You always overestimate it. It's never the other way around for nobody haha

Are we overstating the heat of DNP? At 500mg eating carbs, standing outside at 85-90* you’ll be so hot you’ll literally get sick and throw up.

No not overstated. You ever sweated through a pair of jeans sitting down?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member