over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP/Metabolism Issues

rebel90

Newbies
First off - This is my first post here but I am a long-time member of VIP Board going back to about 03' - After a long hiatus, that board doesn't seem to have many posts so I figured to get some opinions, I would post here.

Little background for everyone -30 years old 265 pounds at about 14% right now. I have used AAS on and off for the last 12 years never going more than moderate dosage. I have used t3 and DNP quite a bit on and off the last year as my weight has gotten up there and I am coming to realize that it's far harder to stay lean at 30 than it was at 23. On to the current issue...

I started DNP from what almost everyone here would consider the most well known source for it in the last 10 years - 1 pill per day for a week - gained 3 pounds with minimal side effects but I know it's real based off the urine color and even slight night sweats.

I went up to 2 pills per day for the next 7 days - gained another 2 pounds - Side effects increased slightly.

I figure I might have a t3 issue and started at 50mcg and then up to 100mcg over the next 7 days. Now I am 3 weeks in at 500mg of DNP and 100mcg of T3 per day - I am still up 2 pounds overall. My diet is solid - To the point where I feel that without t3 and DNP, I should be leaning up anyways. Cardio 6 days a week for 20-40 minutes per and on average around 3000 calories per day at 265 pounds...

Does anyone have opinions on what is going on here? I have used DNP a good bit over the last year - Maybe 16 out of 52 weeks at a low dose never going over 2 pills per day - Some people talk about building a tolerance while others don't. I had good results previously, but it was from a different source not known for their DNP - Could my current far more well known DNP source be THAT much under dosed that I am not even losing any weight at 500mg of DNP a day? Has anyone heard of a T3 issue this bad where 100mcg and 500mg of dnp (even potentially under dosed) wouldn't do anything?

The only other thing to add would be I have been on 60-80mg of Anavar the entire time but it's hard for me to think that I would be gaining weight while on the dnp/t3 with an anavar dose of that level??

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated - Once again I am NOT a new user of any of these compounds - Just a little lost with these results and my old board not having many current posts.

water retention? wonder what would happen a week after cessation

dont expect to lose weight on 3000 kcals on DNP if you wouldnt without DNP

i dont understand why you would use such a toxic compound and then eat so much.

DNP also makes you retain water like crazy. especially with carbs.

I agree I think you are still eating to much

Yeah, this comes down to two things most likely as others have mentioned.

1. You're eating too much. Sadly, most people can not quickly cut weight eating 3000 calories...

2. DNP makes you retain water.

Thanks for the replies....

I do think that I would lose weight at 3000 calories a day and have before. My BMR is about 2500 calories a day just breathing (see above: 6'2 265). I am burning 800-1200 calories a workout per day. So without DNP or T3, I am at least in a 3-500 calorie deficit - With the compounds, it's reasonable to assume I should I should be burning 30-50% more calories a day putting me in a 1500+ calorie deficit.

I am well aware of the water retention and every well known effect of both DNP and T3 through 10 years of on and off use of both compounds.

My question is more directed at those who have great knowledge of DNP/T3 and their interactions with each other and metabolism.

1. Does DNP become less effective with frequent use? What is the factual knowledge on this as it is documented both ways throughout the internet.

2. Would a low thyroid function drastically effect the results of DNP use (even when supplementing with 100mcg of t3 during the DNP cycle)

Thanks for the replies....

I do think that I would lose weight at 3000 calories a day and have before. My BMR is about 2500 calories a day just breathing (see above: 6'2 265). I am burning 800-1200 calories a workout per day. So without DNP or T3, I am at least in a 3-500 calorie deficit - With the compounds, it's reasonable to assume I should I should be burning 30-50% more calories a day putting me in a 1500+ calorie deficit.

I am well aware of the water retention and every well known effect of both DNP and T3 through 10 years of on and off use of both compounds.

My question is more directed at those who have great knowledge of DNP/T3 and their interactions with each other and metabolism.

1. Does DNP become less effective with frequent use? What is the factual knowledge on this as it is documented both ways throughout the internet.

2. Would a low thyroid function drastically effect the results of DNP use (even when supplementing with 100mcg of t3 during the DNP cycle)

1. no, there would be no logical explanation for that.

2. not drastically enough to offset weight loss from dnp.
the sentence in brackets doesnt make sense though. your metabolism is sky high on 100mcg t3. your thyroid function essentially doesnt matter when you supplement t3.

youre eating too much.

you also say that you burn 2500 kcals a day doing nothing.
you say you burn an additional 1000 kcals from lifting.
if you lift every other day that puts your calorie expenditure to an average of 3000 a day.
what do you expect?
DNP is not magic, neither is t3.

1. no, there would be no logical explanation for that.

2. not drastically enough to offset weight loss from dnp.
the sentence in brackets doesnt make sense though. your metabolism is sky high on 100mcg t3. your thyroid function essentially doesnt matter when you supplement t3.

youre eating too much.

you also say that you burn 2500 kcals a day doing nothing.
you say you burn an additional 1000 kcals from lifting.
if you lift every other day that puts your calorie expenditure to an average of 3000 a day.
what do you expect?
DNP is not magic, neither is t3.

Thanks for the response but if you read my entire first thread, you would see your above statement isn't accurate. I am burning 800-1200 calories a day, 6 days a week, doing cardio. My math on BMR and calories burned is low, if anything. Your opinion that my calorie intake is restricting weight loss doesn't make mathematical sense. It would be borderline accurate if I was not taking DNP/T3.

Intake per week 21,000

BMR per week 17,500

Exercise per week 6,000

Calorie deficit per week 2500

On top of that 2500 calorie deficit, by the consensus online, I would be burning an additional 30-50% of my BMR per day based on the DNP. With the understanding that this is NOT a calorie intake issue, does anyone have opinions on this?

I can't imagine what kind of workouts you do that burn 1k calories.

I agree I think you are still eating to much

Yeah, this comes down to two things most likely as others have mentioned.

1. You're eating too much. Sadly, most people can not quickly cut weight eating 3000 calories...

2. DNP makes you retain water.

Lol what the fuck....how in the world is 3000 calories a lot? I would almost consider that the bare minimum for a dude that is 265lbs. Im 245 off season and would drop weight so fucking fast on 3000 cals. Yall are nuts...especially considering that 500mg of DNP would probably increase your metabolism by a minimum 50%.

Anyways, you are gaining weight because of water retention. DNP causes your body to (usually) increase water retention fairly drastically although it is dose dependent. This is to protect your organs from the dramatic rise in internal temperature.

With the understanding that this is NOT a calorie intake issue, does anyone have opinions on this?

But it is. Rather than trying to come up with 100 excuses, why don't you try the easiest thing and lower calories?

To your other point on DNP, I do believe it becomes less effective over time. As someone who has (ab)used DNP in the past, it does take me a higher dose to achieve previous results.

And as others stated, you're not burning 1000kcal per workout.

But it is. Rather than trying to come up with 100 excuses, why don't you try the easiest thing and lower calories?

To your other point on DNP, I do believe it becomes less effective over time. As someone who has (ab)used DNP in the past, it does take me a higher dose to achieve previous results.

And as others stated, you're not burning 1000kcal per workout.

Thanks for all the responses - While I really really don't think this is a calories consumed issue, I am going to cut calories to 2500 for the next week starting today and see the results. I really think 2500 calories at 265lbs is insanely low, but everyone seems to be pushing that I am far too high where I am.

As far as calories burned while I workout, I once again have to respectfully disagree. 800-1200 calories burned in a 20-40 minute period of HIT prior to an additional 20-30 minute weight training by a 265 male is not outrageous. Here is a calculator to take a look at: Calculate Calories Burned | Triathlon Training Blog

30 minutes with my stats at 165bpm results in almost 600 calories burned. That is also not taking into account that being at 14% body fat would result in me burning a good amount more than what that website calculates. I think a lot of you are underestimating calories in/calories out when you get into the mid-high 200's at a reasonable body fat level. With that said, let's cut the calories 500 a day to 2500 and see what happens. I will report back after 3 days with any changes. I will keep the DNP at 500mg and t3 at 100mcg.

Thanks for all the responses - While I really really don't think this is a calories consumed issue, I am going to cut calories to 2500 for the next week starting today and see the results. I really think 2500 calories at 265lbs is insanely low, but everyone seems to be pushing that I am far too high where I am.

As far as calories burned while I workout, I once again have to respectfully disagree. 800-1200 calories burned in a 20-40 minute period of HIT prior to an additional 20-30 minute weight training by a 265 male is not outrageous. Here is a calculator to take a look at: Calculate Calories Burned | Triathlon Training Blog

30 minutes with my stats at 165bpm results in almost 600 calories burned. That is also not taking into account that being at 14% body fat would result in me burning a good amount more than what that website calculates. I think a lot of you are underestimating calories in/calories out when you get into the mid-high 200's at a reasonable body fat level. With that said, let's cut the calories 500 a day to 2500 and see what happens. I will report back after 3 days with any changes. I will keep the DNP at 500mg and t3 at 100mcg.

Broken link - Here is another Calories Burned By Heart Rate | Calories Calculator

Im gonna throw my opinion in here and say you are right. 2500 is fucking STUPID low for your body weight. I would not reduce it that much cause I would personally crash the shit out of my metabolism and Im still 20lbs less than you offseason.

I think the problem is the dudes commenting are tiny cause 1000cals a workout including cardio for someone thats 265lbs is not unreasonable at all. That would put you at a 2000 net caloric intake which is way too low IMO.

Also, I hope you are running a shit ton of gear to be on 500mg DNP and 100mcg T3. Hell, just the T3 would strip through muscle at that dose even on some fairly hefty anabolics.

I would come off the DNP, wait a week and see how much water you drop and then decide from there.

I still cannot get over how low your cals are...thats insane. 3000 cals at 210-220 maybe but thats not much for your weight.

Why not just go get your BMR tested then you'll know your true BMR, rather than using calculators? It's not very comfortable, but at least you would know and then base your diet off of that. Just make sure you stop t3 and dnp prior.

It's about $100 around here.

Im gonna throw my opinion in here and say you are right. 2500 is fucking STUPID low for your body weight. I would not reduce it that much cause I would personally crash the shit out of my metabolism and Im still 20lbs less than you offseason.

I think the problem is the dudes commenting are tiny cause 1000cals a workout including cardio for someone thats 265lbs is not unreasonable at all. That would put you at a 2000 net caloric intake which is way too low IMO.

Also, I hope you are running a shit ton of gear to be on 500mg DNP and 100mcg T3. Hell, just the T3 would strip through muscle at that dose even on some fairly hefty anabolics.

I would come off the DNP, wait a week and see how much water you drop and then decide from there.

I still cannot get over how low your cals are...thats insane. 3000 cals at 210-220 maybe but thats not much for your weight.

Thanks for your response - I am on about 60mg of anavar a day which isn't anything crazy - This is one of the reasons I think there must be something fishy going on with my metabolism because on 100mcg of t3 alone, I should be losing muscle (or close to it) on just 60mg of anavar.

I have never heard of anyone dropping more than 10 pounds on DNP water but I hope to god I will be the first!

Not to be a dick but how are you gonna tell us when you are taking all of these drugs and still not losing weight that it's not diet. I also have to eat pretty low I'm 6'2 and 265 as well and maintain at about 3k and diet on less. Clearly you should look at this practically and see we are offering advice You are not willing to listen

Why not just go get your BMR tested then you'll know your true BMR, rather than using calculators? It's not very comfortable, but at least you would know and then base your diet off of that. Just make sure you stop t3 and dnp prior.

It's about $100 around here.

I'm intrigued, how do you do that?

I would say its all water and when you drop it your be leaner. I wouldn't be running dnp at 14% though. Or t3. Save it until shit gets tough. It might get you down to 10% with a shit hot diet but where do you go from there? If you rely on dnp to get lean your not going to hold it when you stop. I thought 3000 calories was quite low for a guy at 265 14% tbh. Im only 220 and never go below about 3500 to get into single digits

Last edited:
rebel is it possible you are under estimating your BF%, guessing you have more muscle on your frame, which would mean more calories burned all day? Your whole assumption of 3000 cal and you could still lose weight might just be off. That fat on you aint burning any calories.

If your on dnp, t3 and var, still not losing weight the only other part of the equation is your food (sounds like your doing enough cardio/weights)

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws