over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP overdose

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
A friend of mine called me this morning to tell me about a guy at his gym who overdosed on DNP over the weekend.

Apparently this guy was in prep for Nationals , he's been taking 500mg of Berberine with each meal , Friday evening he realized something was wrong and started thinking about what it might be they figured it out. Rather than taking 2-250mg Berberine with each meal he mistakenly packed up DNP and was taking 2-200mg caps.!!
He took a total of 8 caps by the time he realized it and took himself to the ER for a stomach pumping. Apparently he spent the weekend there on meds and IV's , he's gonna be fine but probably fucked up his prep I'd suspect

I wondered how someone could fuck that up but is guess when you are half starved , exhausted and not paying attention alot of mistakes are possible. I dug out some DNP I had and compare them to a cap of Berberine and I guess it could be close.
This berberine is a 500mg cap which i assume is why it's significantly bigger , I guess a 250mg cap would be a lot closer in size.

I've heard about guys taking the wrong shit or double dosing stuff because they forgot or something which generally probably would not be a big deal unless it was something like clen or T3 or DNP

Attachments

• IMG_20221121_121853453.jpg
    IMG_20221121_121853453.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 31
Damn…. I’ve noticed they do look a lot alike. I’ve double checked mine several times before taking it. My berberine has the cinnamon Ceylon in it and you can tell by the smell As well as the size of you have them both together.
I just had the berberine in an unmarked container in my lunch box.

Ouch, that's bad. Could been worse had he not gotten prompt medical attention to flush out that DNP from his system. Best to prep your meds beforehand you take them to ensure the proper ones are taken with each meal. One good idea is to get one of those pillboxes that have compartments to sort out pills for each day and that should be a help in preventing dangerous situations like mentioned in the OP.

Funny clen was mentioned and I once mistakenly taken over 100mcg at once when I misread the markings on the oral syringe. I soon got the shakes like never before and that didn't subside till nearly 2 days later. Worse, I had a technical presentation to management the next day and I was shaking like a damned leaf!

Had this with melanotan recently. Somehow thought it was hgh so shot half the vial. Then realized I didn't want to shoot hgh but was already too late of course. That was a bad night.

With pills I always take them right out of the original bottle. No mistakes there.

I always keep anything I prep thats dangerous separate from regular supps for this reason.
I do the same , all my gear stays in the gun safe
hel keep everything separate and generally have a hord of teenagers at my house at any given time

I do the same , all my gear stays in the gun safe
hel keep everything separate and generally have a hord of teenagers at my house at any given time
Mine has grown and moved to their own home. But all my gear is still locked away in a gun safe. Only GH in the fridge.

Had this with melanotan recently. Somehow thought it was hgh so shot half the vial. Then realized I didn't want to shoot hgh but was already too late of course. That was a bad night.

With pills I always take them right out of the original bottle. No mistakes there.

Did the same but with Ipam. UGH. That was rough.

I'd be throwing up most the night with a hard-on! Not fun lol

I did that too but only 2 mg. I was sick feeling til the next afternoon

I bet you squeezed that throne good that night… That first shot of 2 small ticks gets my stomach in knots. After doing that 2-3 days I can jump to 10 without any issues.

But to fire in 5mg at once! Ooommph!!!! No bueno! 🤢

Cage

There have been cases of people dying, when I joined forums it was a no no, banned talk about it. Now opinions have shifted and everyone is taking if , anyone who says it's unsafe get ready to get attacked. I personally will not touch, when I first joined forums it was called poison. Always stuck with me

There have been cases of people dying, when I joined forums it was a no no, banned talk about it. Now opinions have shifted and everyone is taking if , anyone who says it's unsafe get ready to get attacked. I personally will not touch, when I first joined forums it was called poison. Always stuck with me

It's not that people will be attacked it's just people who have used it know the truth. I have guys thinking they will end up in hospital if they dose a standard amount and half the time they can barely feel it and need more. Although it can be extremely dangerous and this thread is a prime example of that. That's the issue with it because you only need to take a few caps extra and you could be in a bad place.

Many other things can be dangerous but you often have to dose 20+ tablets to be in a very bad place so it's a lot harder to accidentally mess up unlike DNP which could do it with as little as 4-8 caps. So it's not something an uneducated person who doesn't understand the correct dosing and potential danger should take. It's no different in many ways to powdered caffeine and insulin. I remember getting a bag of powdered caffeine and 1/16th of a teaspoon was 200mg so that was exactly the same. They stopped doing that because I remember a guy dying (organ failure) because he OD'ed (was in the newspaper).

Don't you also remember loads of guys on the forums talking about insulin in the same way? How you could go into a coma and die if you took too much. I was scared of insulin 15 years ago and thought it was dangerous because of all the posts I read online from people who had never used it talking about it. Obviously insulin can be very dangerous as well but it's the same thing and if you are clueless and dose a whole slin pin of humalog (someone once done that) thinking it was 10iu you probably shouldn't be using any potentially dangerous drugs. DNP is potentially dangerous so should be used with caution and with common sense.

This is why anyone with DNP should be keeping it in it's original packaging. If it's not labelled they could even stick one on it just to be sure. Keep it in a separate place to your usual tabs and just use common sense and not rush when using it and always concentrate when it's time to dose. Diet brain or not no one should be getting the caps mixed up with others even if they are the same colour because they should easily be able to distinguish their DNP from their Berberine or x supplement. Every health supplement should be in it's original tub and if you have one of those tab holders you should never put a handful of dnp mixed with other supps in there.

Some may think I have a vested interest because I sell it and it's not like that. All the horror stories existed long before we sold it but we purposely picked to sell it for an obvious reason... it's so effective. It's always been potentially dangerous and we sell other "fatburners" such as clen, t3 etc but we picked this one ahead of those for good reason. It's also why I warn people to just take 1 cap and wait 1 week before deciding if they want to use 2 caps and never go above that.

Anyway just a few thoughts because I deal with people and DNP a lot and whilst some people can take 1 cap and get really hot the forum talk in the past is doesn't tell the full story. Years ago many used to take far too much (600mg+) with the logic the hotter they are and the worse they feel the more fat it will burn off and that's a stupid approach.

I just checked and 1 teaspoon of caffeine powder is 3200mg so that makes sense as 200mg is a usual serving (1/16th of a teaspoon). I used to buy it from myprotein but they stopped selling it because it's that easy to OD from it.

I once took too much MT2. It was weird though because I didn't make a "mistake" like you did and dosed a tiny bit extra but I had the worst reaction. I felt so ill all night and was on the toilet from about 3am to 7am. Explosive diarrhea and a full blown erection is not a good combo :eek::D If yours was a new vial that would be 5mg which would have been horrible :D

Damn, good thing he caught it and had no problems immediately going to the ER. Some people may have just gone to bed not realizing it, or tried to tough it out etc.

The only blunder I've ever made like this was somehow mistaking my caffeine for melatonin and ended up taking about 800-900mg of Caffeine at around midnight. Didn't figure it out until I was staring at the ceiling at 3am wondering why I was so wired.

i knew a guy taking 200mcg clen daily for a month plus, personally, it seems to affect everyone different, these were from a sponsor here who is in EXCELLENT Standing for years, that i personally love too. 20mcg of clean makes me bonkers, anything that excites your limbic/parasympathetic nervous system is a no go for me besides ephedra

ephedra does not raise BP but it does raise resting heart rate
caffeine raises systolic and possibly HR

I once was pulling out my slin and was in a hurry and pulled 100 iu humalin r (10iu was my gh dose so has been pulling to 100), shot it post workout. Tasted metal, realized what I did, ate every carb in the apartment until the ambulance arrived. Spent the night in the ER on an IV glucose, they didn't want me to leave but I felt fine the next morning so grabbed a few Gatorade and hit up McDonald's drive through in the am for a few k calories went home.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear