advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do anabolics work better when your single digit body fat?

Hulkbulk8

Banned
I have never been a great responder to anabolics in general. I just use HRT test for health and its doctor prescribed.

was thinking now that I am 7% body fat I would try again and see if any difference. I was 20+% before when I used.

I have a buddy that swears he responds 10 times better since he leaned down to anabolics. I have also heard That God of hormones guy saying must get to single digits before you start a cycle.

Any thoughts? Does fat fuck with the effects of anabolics?

To answer your thread in one word, yes. That is why a lot of guys try to never get too far above 10% in the off-season (if even going past it).

To answer your thread in one word, yes. That is why a lot of guys try to never get too far above 10% in the off-season (if even going past it).

Holy shit really! You make a good point.
So maybe this time around I will see results. My diet is spot on and I am already the leanest I have ever been.

I was fat and really never saw the results I have heard about. I got a bit stronger but that's it. Nothing special and I was on 2g plus of gear that I know is solid.

It's been a while since I did a cycle. Just been on HRT and my strength and size is going up on a cut. This only started happening once I got to single digit body fat so was not sure if it was coincidence or the gear working.

Last edited:
*wonders why OP bumps thread after question is definitively answered*

*sees that OP is hulkbulk8*

*confusion dissipates*

They absolutely do work better the leaner you are. Much better insulin sensitivity also. And regardless of what some people say AAS work much better in a higher calorie environment more so than a caloric deficit. Many guys use more drugs to cut body fat. Screw that...lower doses while cutting/cruising and more AAS when I can eat enough to make them shine even more. Rest/repeat.

I wouldn't necessarily say that anabolics "work better" at lower BMI. I would say that the results are easier seen with lower BF.

It is my belief the most of the guys prowling these forums and occasionally placing orders with sponsors and asking questions or even "giving advice" have no idea what they're doing and haven't seen single digit BF since before puberty....like I said, "my belief." I have nothing to back it up with...only intuition and the experience of being in the game for 33+ years.

I wouldn't necessarily say that anabolics "work better" at lower BMI. I would say that the results are easier seen with lower BF.

It is my belief the most of the guys prowling these forums and occasionally placing orders with sponsors and asking questions or even "giving advice" have no idea what they're doing and haven't seen single digit BF since before puberty....like I said, "my belief." I have nothing to back it up with...only intuition and the experience of being in the game for 33+ years.

We have a winner. Notice you never see a picture to back up how lean they are? Most guys are not as lean as they think either, as far as BF goes.

We have a winner. Notice you never see a picture to back up how lean they are? Most guys are not as lean as they think either, as far as BF goes.

^Exactly!!!
A few years ago I dieted hard for 4 months and would have bet an arm or leg that I was single digits. Even my gym buddies who are all vets said yeah around 9-10%.
Traveled to a big city where they had Bod Pod and hydro static testing. My ripped ass was 13% bf. lol
Both places said the reason was that I hold my fat in my mid section even though my arms, legs, back and shoulders were ripped.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Most members have never seen single digits and believe me if you do then your miserable.

With all due respect, there was a study done showing testosterone is more effective the leaner you are. I made a thread about this once.
Get more out of your steroids – lose weight first

And here is the thread
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-out-your-steroids-%96-lose-weight-first.html

Aromatization will most likely be higher at higher bodyfat levels. I don't have blood work to back this up but I have had small gyno flare ups here and there throughout my few years of blasting/cruising and can tell you for certain the only times I have had issues is when I am holding more bodyfat and that's all things being equal.

The leaner you are the better you grow.

Insulin sensitivity is at it's highest, lower estrogen levels in a leaner state and you can clearly see if what you are gaining is, fat, muscle or water.

I have grown the best post show as well as during a cruise I do a mini cut the last 4 weeks before I blast and I gain muscle at the same rate with almost the same dosages that I have been using.

The leaner you are the better you grow, read some of JM's posts, MP, Fak, George (even though i cant stand him, makes good points).

Its not a coincidence that most coaches want to have someone lean and never above a certain BF %

My .02 cents

With all due respect, there was a study done showing testosterone is more effective the leaner you are. I made a thread about this once.
Get more out of your steroids – lose weight first

And here is the thread
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-out-your-steroids-%96-lose-weight-first.html
I've searched and searched for the full text. The only reference I could find were message board posts. If this were peer-reviewed literature, the full text should be available for purchase. If I've overlooked the source, please link it

Now that "science" has become popular, there are posts masquerading as research which are not.

There are a few different studies that show the leaner a person is when they start to gain weight the better the results as far as the results going towards LBM. The few I read had varying results but all with the same overall positive results.

The one was from the university of rochester that says a person over 10% basically has 3 out of 10 lbs gained go towards LBM (no mention specifically about what of that goes towards water or lean tissue). For a male under 10% at the time the results were 6-7 going to lbm.

Now I doubt anyone is gaining 7 lbs of lean naturally on any 10 lb gain but it telling towards better results. I can only imagine adding steroids in to the mix would improve the results.

There are a few different studies that show the leaner a person is when they start to gain weight the better the results as far as the results going towards LBM. The few I read had varying results but all with the same overall positive results.

The one was from the university of rochester that says a person over 10% basically has 3 out of 10 lbs gained go towards LBM (no mention specifically about what of that goes towards water or lean tissue). For a male under 10% at the time the results were 6-7 going to lbm.

Now I doubt anyone is gaining 7 lbs of lean naturally on any 10 lb gain but it telling towards better results. I can only imagine adding steroids in to the mix would improve the results.
Do you have the study source available or anything? I'd love to read it, sounds interesting.

Do you have the study source available or anything? I'd love to read it, sounds interesting.

The site I originally read it from is not longer there (factsaboutfitness.com). I only remember specifically that the study was done at the University of Rochester if that helps you find it

I've read this in the past as well, but a long time ago.

I also remember reading Lyle McDonald's stuff where he referred to it as the "P" ratio.... Or partitioning ratio. Lot of info about how insulin sensitivity and leptin levels affect how this ratio is manipulated.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I also remember reading Lyle McDonald's stuff where he referred to it as the "P" ratio.... Or partitioning ratio. Lot of info about how insulin sensitivity and leptin levels affect how this ratio is manipulated.
Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
If you search for this term, p-ratio, you will not find it in any literature. Everywhere it is discussed can be traced back to Lyle's site as the source material. Which seems to indicate he simply made it up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131