over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do androgens age you faster?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
For those of you who have been using AAS for 10+ years, Has your face/body in general aged faster in your opinion?

Obviously, Genetics play a huge role in this regard, but elevated protein synthesis and a reduction in autophagy is linked to a shorter lifespan. On top of that elevated IGF levels also have a negative impact on lifespan. But then there's the argument that IGF promotes neurogenesis, and aids in a plethora of other benefits to the body.

I guess I'm just ranting, but this stuff is extremely fascinating in this regard. On one hand you have performance enhancement, but on the other there's a definitive link to a shorter lifespan.

Edit: Guys who are blasting gear will also be training hard which will put wear and tear on your body, their digestive system will also take a beating from the consistently high caloric intake, and the rapid increase and decrease in weight will also not be a good thing long term. Thought I'd ask your guys's input on this (and get some raised eyebrows thinking I'm a dumbass again :D).

Last edited:
Tough to answer because of course if you've been using for 10 years you're also 10 years older. AAS and hard training puts your body into overdrive so I'm sure that has an effect but hell I would say consistent tanning which a lot of guys do age them more than anything!

That being said I definitely look better lean and in shape than I do fat and out of shape so I think it's more positive in regards to looks than negative.

Idk..i always look better overall in general when running stuff. Most men age very well and some get more hansom as the years go on(women say).

Throw some hgh in to anti Age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like unless you're a senior citizen the whole anti aging sentiment from GH is bullshit.

Unless you consider better recovery and better joints because of water weight anti aging...

For those of you who have been using AAS for 10+ years, Has your face/body in general aged faster in your opinion?

Obviously, Genetics play a huge role in this regard, but elevated protein synthesis and a reduction in autophagy is linked to a shorter lifespan. On top of that elevated IGF levels also have a negative impact on lifespan. But then there's the argument that IGF promotes neurogenesis, and aids in a plethora of other benefits to the body.

I guess I'm just ranting, but this stuff is extremely fascinating in this regard. On one hand you have performance enhancement, but on the other there's a definitive link to a shorter lifespan.

Edit: Guys who are blasting gear will also be training hard which will put wear and tear on your body, their digestive system will also take a beating from the consistently high caloric intake, and the rapid increase and decrease in weight will also not be a good thing long term. Thought I'd ask your guys's input on this (and get some raised eyebrows thinking I'm a dumbass again :D).

I don't think so, personally. But I'm still in my early 30s, definitely feel that I have gotten better looking over the past years minus my hairline thinning a bit (which I hope to soon fix).

What we see with competitive bodybuilders that make them look so old is more or less when they are getting stage ready, and it's pretty obvious. Low body fat and next to zero water retention make people look like absolute SHIT in the face. Throw in the fact that some people never mitigated their acne problem and were running high androgens, there could be acne scarring amongst other skin problems from running certain types of gear.

I used Accutane at the young age of 17 before ever even started using steroids. I'm glad I did - I can run 2 grams of test and not even wash my face and I've barely ever gotten a zit since I was a teenager.

I also have always been more prone to using the kind of drugs that PROMOTE collagen synthesis. Anavar, Deca, definitely at the top of my list for this. I stay away from Masteron or DHT (although I used Proviron once shortly for a couple of months). I also don't compete, try to get into single digit BF very often, and don't use diuretics. I also don't use a tanning bed, or go bake myself at the beach/pool on purpose without sunscreen, etc. just to make my definition stand out more with a tan. Proper skin treatment with lotions, moisturizing bodywash, etc, all of these things go a long way.

Basically, do what you can (most of it's pretty fuckin obvious) and you can avoid looking like a beat up piece of leather until you're 70+ and then you can just give up and accept your fate. Unless you have Tom Cruise money, that is. Then you can look 45 til the day you die.

I feel like unless you're a senior citizen the whole anti aging sentiment from GH is bullshit.

Unless you consider better recovery and better joints because of water weight anti aging...

I would have to disagree on this. While on gh I can visually see my grey hair getting its color back believe it or not just stating from personal observations. Tighter skin etc. Again personal observations.

I would have to disagree on this. While on gh I can visually see my grey hair getting its color back believe it or not just stating from personal observations. Tighter skin etc. Again personal observations.

Yeah man obviously it works, otherwise people wouldn't be rushing to anti-aging clinics to get on low dose test and GH. The shit works. We just have to minimize the other things we are doing that accelerate aging as well.

Well that's just been my expierence, I guess I won't really know until I'm older...

In my 50s..... and no . I believe that men age better with higher test...
extremes , we are not talking about , but with reasonable use...

Heavy androgen use very well does.

Moderate usage I don't think so.

It's kinda common sense,

I think heavy usage plus your pre determined genetics will definetly determine if you look older than you are.

I see plenty of guys my age (26) who look younger than me and plenty that look older. These are guys that don't hit the sauce so I think it's more determined by your genetics than anything else

In my 50s..... and no . I believe that men age better with higher test...
extremes , we are not talking about , but with reasonable use...

Test (hormones) are necessity, but the growth factors are the one in charge.
Growth Factors are nutritional building blocks that support the human biological system to build new healthy tissue.

Growth Factors are critical to anti aging hormones. In a clinical study entitled,"Biometric Analysis of Controlled Clinical Study for Growth Factor Formulation on Multiple Parameters of Aging Related Dysfunctions", Dr. M. Suarez and colleagues, Dr. Suarez reported that "clinical evidence demonstrates that the replacement of Growth Factors significantly reduced symptoms of aging".

As the body ages growth factor production often becomes reduced at a greater rate than other hormones. Stress can adversely affect growth factor production, so don`t lift to heavy after age 50.

Your liver coverts GH to IGF-1, IGF-1 is growth factor, our body needs many other growth factors. The FGF (Fibroblast Growth Factor) is the most important.

Research and clinical trials credits FGF with improving neuron functions in your brain, increasing amino acids and peptides in your cells and assigning the proper stem cells to restore your body’s organs back to their original state.

FGF reprograms adult stem cells and amino acids in your body, which make up your natural repair tools, to travel to the areas of your body that need it most. Once there, these repair tools have the ability to integrate themselves with that particular body part. Their mission then becomes to repair and regenerate the cells and tissue in that location, wherever it is in the body.

How would one know if it's normal aging or hormone induced aging? It's impossible to know. The only way to know would be if there were identical twins and one used AAS 10+ years and one didn't.

How would one know if it's normal aging or hormone induced aging? It's impossible to know. The only way to know would be if there were identical twins and one used AAS 10+ years and one didn't.

Yes, and not just the hormones. Stem cells communication, the reactivation the body’s signal molecule communication with the stem cells is the most important proces. When the communication circuits ‘wake up’ from dormancy, the stem cell instructions initiate the repair process where needed.

Oh I completely agree. The only way to maybe see is if you have a brother or immediate cousin closer to you in age who kind of looks like you, even then genetics are extremely varied.

I'm just saying, sitting on the extreme end of the scale might affect cell growth differently compared to a normal person. I read a study on MTors role in aging, I'll try to see if I can find it again. I believe it talked about elevated protein synthesis being a factor in reduced lifespan but on the other hand low protein synthesis also showed to increase risk for various genetic disorders.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

:yeahthat:

Bodyfat % and water retention levels are the main factors in how your face will look... you could use the exact same amount of androgens (even high doses) year round, there literally could be a 10 years difference in your physical appearance between a bulking mode and an all dieted down phase.

As mentioned, tanning also plays a huge part in it.

I think the sun/tanning beds will age your skin alot faster than heavy androgens will.

I think bodybuilders generally look good for their age. The exception in my option would be the mutants, the guys on tons of shit and don't care about their looks anyway.

I think it's a combination of things genetics, sun exposure, smoking, drugs/alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost