over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do any of you eat liver?

I ate in Basic Training because I was starving all of the time... Most(in my platoon) would just starve than eat it. It had a bluish tint to it. Looked very unappealing. But you have to do what you have to do.

Love fried liver with onions. If you can get calves liver, it is really mild and even better.

Human liver is something I have every now and then.
Like, when I break up with a girl.

Isn't the liver pretty much a filter for all the garbage and waste in our blood? Why eat something like that?

Plus too much liver can lead to toxicity. Hypervitaminosis. Too much retinol, the body makes enough of it from beta carotene.

Horrible post - you should investigate grass-fed liver more before making incorrect statements such as this. The only cases of toxicity from FOOD sources, is some researchers in an extremely cold climate eating only seal liver. And your body does not make the conversion form carotene to retinol easy.....get informed..

JM

Horrible post - you should investigate grass-fed liver more before making incorrect statements such as this. The only cases of toxicity from FOOD sources, is some researchers in an extremely cold climate eating only seal liver. And your body does not make the conversion form carotene to retinol easy.....get informed..

JM

I only ever speak from personal experience (becoming very ill). The culprit was beef liver (not grass fed, but the OP didn't specify, only said LIVER). Hypervitaminosis A (according to the doctors of course) was the diagnosis. I became very sick, started losing hair and vision.

Human liver is something I have every now and then.
Like, when I break up with a girl.

:eek: with some fava beans and a nice chianti? :D

Hell yeah, fry completely in virgin olive oil, load up onions....goes great with skim milk. High protein, low fat, as far a the filtering medium for the cow, they dont smoke, drink ETOH, or do drugs (only steroids and antibiotics, maybe a little clen if not US raised, hehe)...buy organic.

mom use to make a light flouring coating with egg and flour...not saturated, just powdered, shits great!

shit, just remembered she use to add bacon to it...it was great

I only ever speak from personal experience (becoming very ill). The culprit was beef liver (not grass fed, but the OP didn't specify, only said LIVER). Hypervitaminosis A (according to the doctors of course) was the diagnosis. I became very sick, started losing hair and vision.

How often were you eating it? I do recommend eating it once a week, that is plenty, since our livers store Vit A well. I don't believe you ate it once and had hypervitaminosis...nor do I believe that happened if you ate it once a week or two. If you ate it every day, well you should know better with boatloading any fat soluble vitamin due to toxicity. Can you clarify how often and how much you were eating?

I do recommend it be grass-fed as well. Your liver doesn't store toxins, it filters them. Fat and to some degree your nervous system, is where all those lovely chemicals go.

JM

I eat grass fed beef liver a couple times a week and also take Beverly liver tabs at 25-30 a day. I've never suffered any vitamin toxicity. On the contrary, I'm very healthy and have tons of energy.

Hell, my grandmother used to eat tongue, but you wont catch me eating that! Liver is nasty! Ole grandma used to eat brains too.

How often were you eating it? I do recommend eating it once a week, that is plenty, since our livers store Vit A well. I don't believe you ate it once and had hypervitaminosis...nor do I believe that happened if you ate it once a week or two. If you ate it every day, well you should know better with boatloading any fat soluble vitamin due to toxicity. Can you clarify how often and how much you were eating?

I do recommend it be grass-fed as well. Your liver doesn't store toxins, it filters them. Fat and to some degree your nervous system, is where all those lovely chemicals go.

JM

Not sure exactly how much at each sitting, but pretty much every day for a few months. There is no way I could have known better, and I had no choice in the matter. I was just a kid eating what was made for me. So I have a natural aversion to liver now. But I can definitely see the difference between eating grass fed beef liver 1 or 2 times per week and doing what I did.

Needless to say the thought of liver makes me physically ill now.

Not sure exactly how much at each sitting, but pretty much every day for a few months. There is no way I could have known better, and I had no choice in the matter. I was just a kid eating what was made for me. So I have a natural aversion to liver now. But I can definitely see the difference between eating grass fed beef liver 1 or 2 times per week and doing what I did.

Needless to say the thought of liver makes me physically ill now.

LOL..I have learned taste aversion from a few select alcoholic type beverages from my college days..so I hear you there..haha
JM

Hell, my grandmother used to eat tongue, but you wont catch me eating that! Liver is nasty! Ole grandma used to eat brains too.

Tongue is meh. Schnitzeled brains though are spectacular!

My mother cooked liver up on a frying pan with a little salt and pepper, much like she cooked steak. Maybe that's why I can't eat the stuff. Some of the recipes above actually sound good. Maybe I'll give it another try!

ahahahahaha
always mom and grandma makes us to eat liver..
i love liver with onions indeed!

RESPECT

ahahahahaha
always mom and grandma makes us to eat liver..
i love liver with onions indeed!

RESPECT

Mom and grandmas know best!!!!!! They cooked with butter too instead of all this hydrogenated crap like margerine...they knew what they were doing...

JM

Mom and grandmas know best!!!!!! They cooked with butter too instead of all this hydrogenated crap like margerine...they knew what they were doing...

JM

I know once my grandma suffered a bad case of gout and the doc blamed it on eating too many chicken livers. Not sure if he was right, but when she stopped eating so many the gout got better.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear