over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do any of you eat liver?

Ivanko

Registered
I've started to recently and looking that the nutrition facts for it it actually looks like it would be a solid precontest protein source. 1/2 the price of steak too.
Except for the cholesterol, is there any down side to liver in place of chicken or fish precontest?

I hear great things about liver and have read about many people using it in their nutrition plans. Unfortunately, I find it disgusting.

I believe Liver is very high in Iron. You may not want to eat it too often because of that.

gross

My grandma use to make me eat liver and onions as a kid.....I cant even stand the smell of it now...it makes me want to throw up!

It's delicious, you just have to cook it right. Definitely an acquired taste worth working for. There's a very good reason why only the alpha male wolf eats the liver of a fresh kill.

I get mine from US Wellness.

I loved eating liver! My old woman used to make excellent liver dishes aswell as Steak and Kidney! Liver is packed to the max. It has creatine for strength, carnitine for testosterone support and fat metabolism, B vitamins for energy and metabolism, and iron to support the production of myoglobin (the energy compound in muscles that contributes to recovery and nutrient delivery). Beef liver just might be one of the best bodybuilding foods of all time. These amounts of liver contain, respectively, about 230 and 308 calories, 36 and 48 g of protein, 6 and 8 g of fat and 7 and 9 g of carbs. (Equivalent amounts of precooked lean beef have approximately the same number of grams of protein, more calories and fat, but no carbs.)

Last edited:
My mom and her mom used to cook smothered liver in onions and gravy over rice. That was better than steak, if it's cooked right. We eat strange things in Louisiana.

Beef liver is the most nutrient dense food there is....period. Yes you can diet with it..just did, and got sub 5%.

JM

I LOVE liver.

Isn't the liver pretty much a filter for all the garbage and waste in our blood? Why eat something like that?

Plus too much liver can lead to toxicity. Hypervitaminosis. Too much retinol, the body makes enough of it from beta carotene.

Anyone have any cooking tips when it comes to liver? Pan fry? Bake? Seasoning?

I just bought 10lbs of grass fed beef liver. I chop a whole onion and simmer it along with a bunch of fresh garlic in coconut oil. Once the onion is cooked a bit, I add the liver and simmer until done. Good stuff!!!

simple way to cook liver is, just boil some water add salt, pepper, slices of garlic to kill the smell, liver. boil for 15mins.

if you like it fried, salt, pepper, eggs, some breading. very simple & good.

good for catching catfish and ther such good eating to bad i can only eat fish at rare time love th taste tho

I just bought 10lbs of grass fed beef liver. I chop a whole onion and simmer it along with a bunch of fresh garlic in coconut oil. Once the onion is cooked a bit, I add the liver and simmer until done. Good stuff!!!

Hell yeah, fry completely in virgin olive oil, load up onions....goes great with skim milk. High protein, low fat, as far a the filtering medium for the cow, they dont smoke, drink ETOH, or do drugs (only steroids and antibiotics, maybe a little clen if not US raised, hehe)...buy organic.

mom use to make a light flouring coating with egg and flour...not saturated, just powdered, shits great!

Fried chicken liver is the bomb. My grandmother made that all the time when I was growing up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws