advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do any of you follow or have tried a completely sugar free diet?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
if so how have you been doing it or have attempted to do it and your personal success with it? How much did you completely cut out the sugars like even fruits, milk, condiments, fake sweeteners, flavored beverages, or any type of drink or food that had a sweet taste to it? what do your daily meals look like and have you found that over time eating that way became easier or is always a struggle? Maybe some have taken it a step further and eliminated fatty meats like chicken wings and ribs ect?

Back in the 80s when I was competing I would eat nothing but tuna and brocolli for weeks...people would ask about my diet and I would say all I eat is tuna and brocolli, tuna and brocolli and when I was sick of it I would have broccoli and tuna!..he he...it worked......koolio

I try to get under 10g sugar a day, with the only sugars coming from trace sugars in oats or nuts and things like that. There are times of the year I get lazy with diet but this is what I stick to mostly.

All ketos (Gironda, Atkins, South Beach, CKD) are sugar free, right?

I have tried them for a few weeks at a time. Fat melts off quick.

To me, it's tough at the beginning, gets better after 2 weeks and once I start thinking I'll adapt to it I get desperate for carbs.

if so how have you been doing it or have attempted to do it and your personal success with it? How much did you completely cut out the sugars like even fruits, milk, condiments, fake sweeteners, flavored beverages, or any type of drink or food that had a sweet taste to it? what do your daily meals look like and have you found that over time eating that way became easier or is always a struggle? Maybe some have taken it a step further and eliminated fatty meats like chicken wings and ribs ect?

There's absolutely no good reason to avoid fruit, so I don't know why that item is included.

Some animal fat is not bad.

I have gone for some time without any sugar aside from fruits. Then I realized such restriction is not necessary fro me to stay in shape. So I do add brown sugar to my hot cereals like oatmeal or cream of wheat and my daily two or three cups of coffee.

There's absolutely no good reason to avoid fruit, so I don't know why that item is included.

Fruits will prevent you from going into ketosis.

It's included because the thread is about sugars and most fruits are full of them.

the catch with the fruits is they are technically sweet and can still stimulate the reward center in the brain and trigger the want for more sweets. I am looking into the aspects of restoring dopamine receptors in the brain for addictions in general by eliminating the stimulant but I am focusing it more so on obesity and binge eating. research shows sugar is developing hard addictions these days perhaps stronger than heroin ect for some research mice and then people as well. fatty stuf is stimulating as well but research shows that it doesn't have as profound of an effect of sugar nor the harder withdraw symptoms.

Fruits will prevent you from going into ketosis.

It's included because the thread is about sugars and most fruits are full of them.

For ketogenic diets, you are right. Otherwise they are fine, even when losing weight.

the catch with the fruits is they are technically sweet and can still stimulate the reward center in the brain and trigger the want for more sweets. I am looking into the aspects of restoring dopamine receptors in the brain for addictions in general by eliminating the stimulant but I am focusing it more so on obesity and binge eating. research shows sugar is developing hard addictions these days perhaps stronger than heroin ect for some research mice and then people as well. fatty stuf is stimulating as well but research shows that it doesn't have as profound of an effect of sugar nor the harder withdraw symptoms.

Forgive me for not knowing, but are there actually people who are compelled to overeat from eating fruit, like stimulated to recklessly overeat at a meal or a sitting from eating apples or oranges? Most fruits are not even particularly sweet, unless dried.

Forgive me for not knowing, but are there actually people who are compelled to overeat from eating fruit, like stimulated to recklessly overeat at a meal or a sitting from eating apples or oranges? Most fruits are not even particularly sweet, unless dried.

I was raised on lots of fruits and berries. This makes it somewhat tough for me when trying to shed fat. I don't eat refined carbs or starchy carbs unless it's on my one day a week refeed. The other days is only fruit for carbs. Grapes, mandarins, plums, blueberries, raspberries and black berries primarily.

It is the one thing I try to avoid most. I do not drink milk. Anything that I eat or drink if it comes sugar free I get it. Never actually checked to see how much I get in a day. I drink the Carnivore Mass in my shakes. Its sugar free which I love. Sugar is the main driver behind so many health problems in this country. Especially diabetes. That and being a lazy pile of shit.

it sounds like you are talking about corn syrup fake engineered sugar and comparing it to god made fructose. they are VERY different. HFCS is absolutely addicting.
-F2S

It is the one thing I try to avoid most. I do not drink milk. Anything that I eat or drink if it comes sugar free I get it. Never actually checked to see how much I get in a day. I drink the Carnivore Mass in my shakes. Its sugar free which I love. Sugar is the main driver behind so many health problems in this country. Especially diabetes. That and being a lazy pile of shit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws