YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do any of you take your pets to the gym?

We brush him out about every other day of he'll start to get mats because his hair is so long and it's so damn fine , he gets a good trim about ever 4-5 weeks but it grows out really quick.
We take all the hair we brush out and stick it in the fence and the birds come collect it for nest material. You can spin it together with your hands and make a length of yarn pretty easy because it's so soft and fine.
The breeder works with my wife but has some beautiful different colors she breeds.
In the summer I cut my rabbits hair aswell because he sheds so much. I think he actually kinda likes the hair cut it probably feels getting some of that fur coat off

~{Yes, yes, but ARE ANY OF THE RABBITS IN THE GYM? }~ ^^^^^

I’m not trying to be a dick, but I think you need to do some serious soul searching, and possibly get some psychological help. First, breaking someone else’s stuff, because you don’t want to (or feel you should have to) wait your turn.
Now this dog thing? IMO, it’s selfish to say the least, narcissistic at worst. I’m no psychologist, but considering the regard you have for your pets, I wouldn’t guess you’re a narcissist.
Having a dog in the gym, even if it it’s a service animal, could become an inconvenience for other patrons. Service animal owners understand that, so their highly trained animals are generally very quiet and and low profile. Think about this, you’re working out and a dog is under foot and possibly aggressive! That’s crazy!
Plus, if the guy who just crushed another dude’s phone showed up with a dog in my gym the next week, I’d be more than a little bent out of shape. I’d let the management know it’s him or me who’s got to go.
Lastly, just like kids in a gym, it’s not safe. What if a wayward dumbbell or plate falls and lands on the dog. That would be catastrophic!
My suggestion, figure out ways to leave the dog at home with some elements of comfort, so he/she doesn’t destroy the place...and try to consider the gym a private establishment intended to allow members to escape the normally annoying shit in society.
I have a service dog wears vest, patches, i have ID etc but im also very sensitive to others peoples perception. I dont force that shit in places there could be a problem. I go 4am but there is times i go later on, my buddy stays in the truck.. This guy bigdog has to learn to be the ' Grey Man" Stupid should feel pain

I've used service dogs for 5 years now. But the answer to your question is, "No. I would NEVER take my pet (I have a dog that is BFF for my service dog. He is 100% pet.) My SD comes everywhere with me, including the gym. But they have literally thousands of hours of training in order to: 1. Be able to mitigate aspects of my disability 2. Not be stressed in so many different environments. Pets don't bite out of aggression. They bite out of fear. 3. Behave unlike a dog ie they must ignore their most basic instincts when they are working.

I have a service dog wears vest, patches, i have ID etc but im also very sensitive to others peoples perception. I dont force that shit in places there could be a problem. I go 4am but there is times i go later on, my buddy stays in the truck.. This guy bigdog has to learn to be the ' Grey Man" Stupid should feel pain
You are not in the US? I know laws vary from country to country.

Is your dog trained to be a service dog or do you merely vest him as such? Taking a trained service dog into public spaces is not "forcing" anything. If the dog behaves then there are few problems (with the exception of the occasional ignorant asshat. I've encountered more than my fair share.). But trained service dog or not, if the animal misbehaves or causes any sort of disturbance than the dog must leave immediately. <---- that is the law in the US.

In the 5 years that I've used SD's I've never been asked to leave anyplace. If my dog was not behaving (they're living creatures with free will and sometimes they get tired too.) I left IMMEDIATELY. Why wouldn't I? My concern is for my SD above all. If he doesn't feel well or is tired or antsy etc then I yield what I want and take him home. My SDs work very hard to help me so I put their needs first.

The last gym I went to, there was a woman who was legally blind, her dog took her from machine to machine. It was pretty cool, the dog was amazing.

If it weren't for my SD's I'd literally be stuck at home. I have bad PTSD, social anxiety and struggle with depression. I always joke and say that my SD's are the best training partners I've ever had (after 36 years in the gym that's high praise indeed!). 😆 I talk to my baby between sets and say random shit like, "You think you can give this old girl a proper spot? No? Ok ...then make yourself useful and count reps."

We get some of THE BEST stares. 😆 😆 😆

If it weren't for my SD's I'd literally be stuck at home. I have bad PTSD, social anxiety and struggle with depression. I always joke and say that my SD's are the best training partners I've ever had (after 36 years in the gym that's high praise indeed!). 😆 I talk to my baby between sets and say random shit like, "You think you can give this old girl a proper spot? No? Ok ...then make yourself useful and count reps."

We get some of THE BEST stares. 😆 😆 😆

^hit send there by mistake before actually typing anything.

@Bikinimom if you don’t mind my asking, how do the SDs help your anxiety? I get that interaction with dogs is relaxing, i’m A dog owner myself, but i’m Just curious as to how it works

Somebody where I live has bad seizures and takes her service dog everywhere cause she takes pictures for the paper. The dog is the most well behaved dog I have ever seen. She must give it orders to relax during ball games cause it will sit on the bleachers and sleep! I didn’t see it once and sat on the poor guys tail and it jumped out from a dead sleep wondering what asshole sat on its tail. But the moral of the story is this dog is doing a service to somebody not walking around the gym looking for a person that looks like the mailman!

Excuse my ignorance, but why get a service dog for conditions such as that, why not just get an ESA (emotional support animal)?

Attached is a picture of my wife's ESA (George).
He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, most well-behaved dog breed I've encountered. Not a mean bone in his body.

Attachments

• 20200916_220315.jpg
    20200916_220315.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 28
Wtffffff hahahahhaha!!!!!

The Arcidi doll is from early 80's when he was in WWF. Teds a good friend of 25 years, lives up the street...
wow! must be nice to have a legend like that as a neighbor and friend. what's he up to these days? is he in good health?

They go to work with me, then the gym and then the park......home.

Attachments

• 3E18EC21-05D0-472E-A07B-1FC96697A0AC.jpeg
    3E18EC21-05D0-472E-A07B-1FC96697A0AC.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9
wow! must be nice to have a legend like that as a neighbor and friend. what's he up to these days? is he in good health?

Teds in great health. Keeps on top of it big-time. Still lifting, riding bikes, fishing. Owns commercial real estate and does some acting.
Was in Equalizer II with Denzel (had a couple scenes, his best scene was deleted but on the DVD extras), Was in Season 7 episode of Ray Donovan, of course in The Fighter w/ Wahlberg/Bale, and a bunch of other roles. He's in a new mini-series with the guy who played Capt'n America (Defending Jacob) where he plays a Baiff I believe in 3 episodes (its just coming out now on AppleTV I guess, supposed to be on Paramount/SpikeTV). He does very well for himself. In the movie "The Family" (with weirdo Robert DiNero) Teds in like the last 15 mins straight, (hitman) trying to get at DiNero to kill him. A good part for him.

My favorite Ted clip though was him Wrestling promo where he calls out Kaz, they had a wrestling rivalry going at the time, and Kaz never got over Ted passing him on the Bench cause Kaz got hurt.
Kaz still whines about it, Ted laughs it off and even says "Kaz would have had the record if he didnt get hurt". Teds humble, Kaz (well I'll leave my opinion out of it, I met him a few times in private with no cam's around, saw his true self). Funny vid here "Idiot w/ the camera, zoom in on this". You can see how Ted got into acting, his ad-lib was epic.

(He stayed w/ the Harts in Canada for a bit when he was in that wrestling league).

Teds in great health. Keeps on top of it big-time. Still lifting, riding bikes, fishing. Owns commercial real estate and does some acting.
Was in Equalizer II with Denzel (had a couple scenes, his best scene was deleted but on the DVD extras), Was in Season 7 episode of Ray Donovan, of course in The Fighter w/ Wahlberg/Bale, and a bunch of other roles. He's in a new mini-series with the guy who played Capt'n America (Defending Jacob) where he plays a Baiff I believe in 3 episodes (its just coming out now on AppleTV I guess, supposed to be on Paramount/SpikeTV). He does very well for himself. In the movie "The Family" (with weirdo Robert DiNero) Teds in like the last 15 mins straight, (hitman) trying to get at DiNero to kill him. A good part for him.

My favorite Ted clip though was him Wrestling promo where he calls out Kaz, they had a wrestling rivalry going at the time, and Kaz never got over Ted passing him on the Bench cause Kaz got hurt.
Kaz still whines about it, Ted laughs it off and even says "Kaz would have had the record if he didnt get hurt". Teds humble, Kaz (well I'll leave my opinion out of it, I met him a few times in private with no cam's around, saw his true self). Funny vid here "Idiot w/ the camera, zoom in on this". You can see how Ted got into acting, his ad-lib was epic.

(He stayed w/ the Harts in Canada for a bit when he was in that wrestling league).
That's good to hear. Ted always seemed very down to earth and not taking himself too seriously. Kaz also spent some in Canada and in Brian Pillman's biography it had some less than flattering things to say about him.

You guys are missing the biggest question. It's not what you want or like, it's what the gym rules are. Can't just do what you like! LOL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity