advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do most females prefer a man clean shaven or with a beard?

My wife likes scruffy. But I've been called a pretty boy quite a lot. I hate a beard. What a pain. Worse than shaving. My ex liked the beard.

Depends on the women me thinks.

the irony is that it's far more effort to maintain facial hair than just remain clean shaven. I'm a lazy fuck, so I choose the latter

My wife prefers a beard so half a year I grow one, a very very short one, very neat and tidy but it is a real pain in the ass for me but she likes it. In return I like some parts of her neat and tidy and she obliges so it’s all about give and take.

And to parrot what others have said and to directly answer the question . . . it all depends on the woman.

How so?
I think shaving is much more of a pain in the ass

For me it’s more work because I have to shave my neck area, line it up, then shave my upper cheeks and again check that they are aligned on both sides, any stray hair on the mustache have to go and I have to use the trimmer to make sure no hair on going over my upper lip. Then when showering I have to use a beard conditioner, balm to moisture it after I take a bath and also comb it. Way more work than just shaving my whole face 2-3 times a week.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're wondering about this you've already lost half the battle, seriously.

Just do you and women will be more attracted to you than if you try to cater to them/their needs too much.

Haha I read the title of the thread and was basically going to post this exact thing.

That said, I'm pretty sure the studies say stubble was most popular when they had women looking at pics. Many studies, same result.

I get complements with or without. My jaw is square. Without it people tell my I look in my 30s lol im 50

But I do have one short trimmed and no hair over lips. Ive been to a lot of places with the wife.vegas,ny,Colorado and bunch more.and my wife likes as conversation with waitresses or female bartender to ask how he looks cuter beard or no beard.they never seen me without it so they can't compare. But they all have said beard

I shaved it once and a female bartender in Disney that see us often told me .uh you still extremely cute but you cuter with a beard lmao

But it is a pain to keep it nice and trimmed and lined up

I have a pretty big beard and women compliment me on my beard a lot. I think it does depend on the woman though.

Not all females are alike. Some like scruffy looking men, some like clean shaven, some like body hair and some don't.

This is from past and present experience.
Now if your aim to attract females in general it's impossible to figure out what a certain female likes.

So just be yourself but take care of your looks, dress nice and look presentable.

It depends on the woman. If I had to generalize I would say more prefer stubble and many hate beards. Now some love beards but well kept ones. Although too well kept can also be a turn off. Younger girls generally prefer clean shaven or stubble. Some women don't mind an unkempt look (been called a sexy caveman by a few women when I look that way :eek:) but if you have patches and look like a tramp that's a turn off for most.

It doesn't really matter and just have what you prefer and if that creates confidence/happiness in yourself that will attract women much more than a particular facial hair type. Dressing nice and being presentable is much more important.

Depends on the woman and depends on the guy she is looking at. Because women who hate beards suddenly love Jason Momoa or random guys with beards.

As for me, definitely clean shaven. I do not rock hair or facial hair in a way that looks good. My gf clearly prefers shaven. My hair has never been exceptional and ive always kept it short since the military days. My beard grows in like a brillow pad. It is not soft, conditionable, groomable, or remotely managable. My facial hair curls like my head hair did and Im a white guy. My facial hair laughs at gel and all other "product". It grows and does whatever it wants and Ive tried growing it out long and still does the same thing. It grows out and off my face. Too much work. If I ever stop giving af and join a biker gang all Ill need is that tattoos.

For me it’s more work because I have to shave my neck area, line it up, then shave my upper cheeks and again check that they are aligned on both sides, any stray hair on the mustache have to go and I have to use the trimmer to make sure no hair on going over my upper lip. Then when showering I have to use a beard conditioner, balm to moisture it after I take a bath and also comb it. Way more work than just shaving my whole face 2-3 times a week.
Good point. I just shave my neck in the shower daily and trim every few days to keep it off my lip. Then every couples weeks do the whole trim. Seems to work.

Haha I read the title of the thread and was basically going to post this exact thing.

That said, I'm pretty sure the studies say stubble was most popular when they had women looking at pics. Many studies, same result.
That was definitely the case for quite awhile but the last couple years a bigger, fuller beard has gotten me more compliments then I ever did

It depends on the woman. If I had to generalize I would say more prefer stubble and many hate beards. Now some love beards but well kept ones. Although too well kept can also be a turn off. Younger girls generally prefer clean shaven or stubble. Some women don't mind an unkempt look (been called a sexy caveman by a few women when I look that way :eek:) but if you have patches and look like a tramp that's a turn off for most.

It doesn't really matter and just have what you prefer and if that creates confidence/happiness in yourself that will attract women much more than a particular facial hair type. Dressing nice and being presentable is much more important.
I always thought that too until I grew mine out a bit. The whole opinion of them has really seemed to change the last couple years. BUT it also just depends on the guy and the total package. I’m short with shitty hair and it’s done wonders for me lol.

I always thought that too until I grew mine out a bit. The whole opinion of them has really seemed to change the last couple years. BUT it also just depends on the guy and the total package. I’m short with shitty hair and it’s done wonders for me lol.
It could definitely be a regional thing as well….

It depends on the women, many like it and many don't. I'm an "all in extreme or do nothing" type of guy when it comes to beards. There is no fun in having one all neat and trimmed, no fun for me. I like the long viking look, personally. A lot of guys pull off the neat/trimmed look, nothing wrong with that, but I like growing mine out. I just had mine down to my nipples and trimmed it a week ago...feels weird. Didn't shave for like 2.5 years.

I'll say the maintaining part is more work for me, with my wavy type of hair. I've seen others who don't have to do much to keep theirs looking good. Same with beard oils and such. For me, after using a good shampoo and conditioner, I have blow dry mine with a hair dryer to straighten it out some and look manageable, then add some kind of oil. I also trim my neck up EOD with a beard/mustache trimmer, as well as trimming the face 'curve' part. You could go all hippie and not touch anything, but I don't want to look like a damn homeless guy either. I thought it would also be cheaper, but after buying beard oils and such, I think it's also cheaper to shave...maybe.

There were some girls who were upset I shaved, and others who liked it. I would have never shaved if i didn't have to, mainly for work and stuff.

I find growing beard is more a guy thing and most women i have spoke with would pass on the facial . I associate it to women wearing eye makeup and painting their nails. I find guys mostly could care less. When i ask guys which shade of blue eye make up they find most attractive they laugh.

* PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT *
Please tell the knuckleheads that have patches of 2 or 3 lonely pubes on their face that they started to grow at 14yr old to f’n SHAVE!!!!! They look absolutely ridiculous and it’s plain out gnarly looking!!!!

I’ve told several they need to shave that shit off. Everyone I said something too was extremely offended and thought they had a great beard. All youngsters too, like early to mid 20’s. I guess they never look into a mirror!

Cage

That was definitely the case for quite awhile but the last couple years a bigger, fuller beard has gotten me more compliments then I ever did
Same here. It helps that I have a huge white stripe running through one side of it. Women always tell me it makes me look interesting

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws