advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do most females prefer a man clean shaven or with a beard?

Here's an example reinforcing exactly what I typed above. But this is just not how things play out in terms of examining female mating decisions; it's virtue signalling. Looking at any human behaviour in which there is a heavy moralistic/religious component or a capacity for shame, you can no longer ask people what they desire because you'll get a dishonest response. The person or people in question may not even be aware of their own real preferences and engaged in a lot of self deception as well; they are not maliciously trying to mislead the person asking. This is why we examine their actual decisions to construct an idea of their preferences rather than simply asking them. Revealed preferences tell you much more than stated preferences.

I'm not trying to call out women specifically, this is a human tendency for a divergence between stated and revealed preferences. It's just that in this particular arena, they are far less honest with themselves or with anyone who asks what their actual preferences in men are. In other arenas beyond mate and romantic preferences, men might be far more dishonest with themselves or with people asking him a question. ("Do you cheat on your diet when prepping for contest?" what's his answer vs what did he actually do?)

View attachment 154318

Yeah for a 5'9-5'11 guy 220 is definitely going to be too heavy. 175-200ish is probably optimal. Everything has diminishing returns when it comes to physical features and nothing is strictly linear; beard and tattoos will help but literally covered and tattooos and a beard down to your belly button is definitely negative. Same thing with muscles, there's a point where it becomes "too much". But you could even say this about natural features. A good strong jawline and chin is attractive, but some guys have freaky alien looking jaws and chins where it starts to look unattactive and horse-like. 6'4 or 6'5 even might be attractive, but anything beyond that probably starts to take points off for most women.

Now when it comes to tattoos, beards, muscles, or height, we can certainly look at outliers and see that even the guys who have these things at the extremes seem not to struggle with women. They are effectively (perhaps unconsciously) pursuing a strategy of marketing themselves to a niche. Think about the girls who are really into huge men's open guys, even though there are a small number of them, how do they compare in attractiveness compared to "regular" women who do not really like huge men's open bodybuilders? Look at Steve Kuclo's series of girlfriends and marriages for a salient example. Obviously he's a monster in the eyes of the majority of ladies, but the ladies who do prefer this look tend to be much fitter, more toned, and have more optimal WHRs than the average. And if that's what the bodybuilder is into specifically, it's not necessarily a bad thing for him to alienate all of the more "normal" women. This is just as true for men, of course. An enormous % of men like a nice firm C cup; but most men probably do not like a freakish 1200cc G cup implant outside of a minority of fetishists.
Agree with pretty much most of what you said. Virtue signaling is a plague and it's almost not socially acceptable to not virtue signal in some settings. Example I could tell my friends I would never date a fat or muscular women, listen to hip hop, fat loss is easy, but I might get in hot water saying any in some work places as someone may get " offended"

Also agree about extremes and bell shaped curves. A little muscle, a beard, some ink appeal to most girls. Being super muscular, having a beard touching your chest, having face tattoos or black out ink is going to turn alot off. Girls don't like extremes. We all like tiny girls and big boobs but we don't want anorexic or silicone triple D's

It depends on the woman.
Some women like the pretty boy look.
Some women like the manly/bad boy look.
I’ve found it’s usually either or, but not both.
Women who like pretty boys are typically the girly girl types who like shopping and say, “Oh my god” and “like” several times in every sentence.
Women who like the manly look are more athletic and real.
Do I sound a bit biased? Haha I had a good friend who looked like Paul Walker and he always got the girly girl, phony girls that looked hot but lacked substance. I got cute Tom boys who liked working out and could actually hold a conversation. Yes, I was jealous because even though I can’t stand phony women, most of them were incredibly hot, and I’m very shallow when it comes to looks. 🤣

Also agree about extremes and bell shaped curves. A little muscle, a beard, some ink appeal to most girls. Being super muscular, having a beard touching your chest, having face tattoos or black out ink is going to turn alot off. Girls don't like extremes. We all like tiny girls and big boobs but we don't want anorexic or silicone triple D's
This 👆the highlighted part I definitely agree. 😀

It depends on the woman.
Women who like pretty boys are typically the girly girl types who like shopping and say, “Oh my god” and “like” several times in every sentence.
Do I sound a bit biased? Haha I had a good friend who looked like Paul Walker and he always got the girly girl, phony girls that looked hot but lacked substance. I got cute Tom boys who liked working out and could actually hold a conversation. Yes, I was jealous because even though I can’t stand phony women, most of them were incredibly hot, and I’m very shallow when it comes to looks. 🤣
Good post

I think most men prefer girly girls, the more feminine the better. The first thing that matters is attracveness (face body), then a feminine girly personality. If a girl tells me she plays sports, is an athlete, it doesn't make me not want to hookup with her but it's less preferred than a girly girl. It makes sense as straight guys and girls opposites typically attract

I don't want to date myself, someone who is obsessed with the gym, protein powders, watches sports. I want someone's the opposite of me.

Biggest turn off ever is when you meet a girl and she talks about what a badass she is how back in high school she would play field hockey and hit the other girls shins, best girls up, big turn off

I think girls roll their eyes (other guys do to) when you hear someone talking about how badass they are getting in bar fights, Mr try hard tough guy, but it looks even worse when a female does it

I have to be with a girl who is into working out. I like having the diet and training in common. I can’t be with a woman who doesn’t workout and eats like your typical American. I dated one for 6 months who loved shopping and food, and I couldn’t stand her. Plus, going to the gym my whole adult life has spoiled me in terms of being around women with perfect bodies. Normal women almost never look good after 30. Let them date a guy with a crap body. That’s all they deserve. Haha I sound like an asshole but I’m being honest.

Anyone ever dare tried the twisted mustache paired with the beard?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
Good post

I think most men prefer girly girls, the more feminine the better. The first thing that matters is attracveness (face body), then a feminine girly personality. If a girl tells me she plays sports, is an athlete, it doesn't make me not want to hookup with her but it's less preferred than a girly girl. It makes sense as straight guys and girls opposites typically attract

I don't want to date myself, someone who is obsessed with the gym, protein powders, watches sports. I want someone's the opposite of me.

Biggest turn off ever is when you meet a girl and she talks about what a badass she is how back in high school she would play field hockey and hit the other girls shins beardoholic company, best girls up, big turn off

I think girls roll their eyes (other guys do to) when you hear someone talking about how badass they are getting in bar fights, Mr try hard tough guy, but it looks even worse when a female does it
Which do women prefer? I love my stubble but it grows out of shape pretty fast and I also like a clean shave… I don’t think I’d ever grow beyond a stubble unless it was out of laziness What do you prefer, clean-shaven, a stable, or a beard? (preferably from women but guys are welcome to)

My girl said beards are ok if short and manicured. Those long ass dirty beards are gross. But those gay ass big mustaches the young guys are wearing are fucking gay lol that’s just the opinion of one girl. She prefers masculinity. Man buns make her laugh

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're wondering about this you've already lost half the battle, seriously.

Just do you and women will be more attracted to you than if you try to cater to them/their needs too much.
That’s a fact. Be yourself.

My girl said beards are ok if short and manicured. Those long ass dirty beards are gross. But those gay ass big mustaches the young guys are wearing are fucking gay lol that’s just the opinion of one girl. She prefers masculinity. Man buns make her laugh
Man. Those man buns are irritating not going to lie lol

Instead of bickering amongst ourselves, couldn’t we just one? 🤣

I usually shave my beard when I shave my head. I shave my head every 3 weeks or so or if I have something important the next day. I been seeing a younger gal for a few and she has never said anything.

My wife loves me however but she does really like me with a beard and unkempt body hair.

Personally I fuckin hate that, so I'm pretty much always clean shaven. Every now then I might grow a hipster 'tache but that's about it.

It depends on the woman.
this is very accurate.excellent post, street knowledge that you cant learn in college, this is real experience brother. I have been there and dated both types

Most women prefer a little stubble on a guy. Unless you’re just super attractive it’s safe to say you’re gonna be more attractive to the ladies with at least some amount of facial hair. Unless, it’s really patchy or doesn’t grow in right. I’ve heard some people say that facial hair is to a man what makeup is to a woman 🤷‍♂️

Man this thread has been ticking along a long time. My wife loves it when I have a beard. Hates the back hair patches but hates shaving it for me. Maybe she is the loves badass type because I was a handful when I was younger. I don't go around banging women. I'm married and that wouldn't really be good for anyone but I do genuinely very much like interacting with women. Women in general, I always got the most attention when clean shaven and lean and dressed in cloths that showed some aspects of my physique. But lean, clean shaven with cheek bones prominent and well dressed is killer, especially if you can leave a little mystery but have the ability to make them laugh.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member