advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do people really run high doses all year?

well, it may be stupid to you, but maybe you just do a shit job of keeping gains after a cycle.
Plenty of members here have achieved size from heavy cycles then claim to hold that size on fairly low doses as long as they stay on and let the body get used to holding that weight. For example if it took 3g to get to your new weight and apprearance how the fuck are you gonna maintain your weight and condition on say 300mg for 8 whole months then zero for 2 months... yoyo comes to mind but in a yearly concept. So sorry but if you think that is a good approach I will state you don't understand how aas truly works.

The 2 month off period is for health reasons, I don't think anyone should be on every single day of the year. It may not be optimum for gains, but I was just thinking out loud here and was wondering if it could work.
Make some big gains, hold them with a fairly safe cruise, then take time off, then do it again.

I didn't say it was a sure thing, but I don't think it is stupid either.

No running a cycle like that is stupid to me. I don't care what you look like but you obviously don't understand aas and how it works. If you run a cycle like that you should make amazing gains... if you didn't god help you. I am not questioning that. But then you cruise for 8 months on a low dose... all those gains would diminish... sure not quickly but that is 8 whole months. Your only as big as your dose with certain time parameters being put into the equation... and your time on your low cruise dose is 8 whole months. Your only on that cycle 8 weeks. I hope anyone who tried such a thing is already huge and ripped and has a solid foundation of weight for many years. Fact is if you go up 40 pounds (for example) over a short time (months) you need to stay at that weight as long as possible so your body gets accustomed to being that weight.

Obviously things can be alittle different in certain circumstances. We have all heard about certain bodybuilders who stay off a long time and then bang on a big cycle and grow and grow. But this is with a date in mind to look your absolute best. The off time is for health and rest and in that time you obviously try and maintain best you can. The same goes for people who blast and cruise... during cruising you maintain best you can... some like to add peps in etc to aid this process. But that cycle outline again is stupid as your cruising for 8 whole months then off completely for two. The coming off is a good thing before a big cycle but not after a cruise for 8 months. Where am I wrong? Don't get me wrong we all have different ways and what works for me may not work for you... but I am talking generally here. I am a work in progress but would be stupid to follow a similar approach. The guy came back saying he wasn't even serious about doing that... why would you even do that... create abit of controversy :confused:

By the way the reason the off period is in that places is usually because many believe it refreshes you... gives your receptors a break... mental break etc. All to give you the best possible results when you blast your big doses. It's not to be 'healthy' Fact is it can do your body more harm then good if you come off like that after being on for an extended period. But I must add regardless of my previous statement I believe in doing the same for a variety of reasons.

Just curious what was your last cycle and what doses? Thanks

One last thing sure different approaches work for different people but I stand by my words. There are far better ways of dong things in my opinion. A common one is being on for say 6 months and having 6 months off. That could be used in a similar way to the above but would carry far more benefits to the users in my opinion and also cover their health concerns. Or simply the typical short blasts of 6-12 weeks with plenty of time cruising and repeat... maybe come off everything before a big blast (contest prep) when you are aiming to look your very best. I doubt anyone on here would cruise for 8 months a year be completely off for 2 months and be on a huge cycle 2 months... thats is 'off' 10 months a year... not if they are serious about getting their physique to look incredible... so again stupid imo. We all have opinions though.

I want to add though I have always liked your posts and you seem knowledgeable and sure experimenting is good but just alittle surprised how you can see merit in that approach. Sure any hormones are better than none but I imagine we all want to do it the best way we can and I can seen that being the best way for anyone on here.

Last edited:
I meant I can't see that being the best way on the bottom line :eek:

No running a cycle like that is stupid to me. I don't care what you look like but you obviously don't understand aas and how it works. If you run a cycle like that you should make amazing gains... if you didn't god help you. I am not questioning that. But then you cruise for 8 months on a low dose... all those gains would diminish... sure not quickly but that is 8 whole months. Your only as big as your dose with certain time parameters being put into the equation... and your time on your low cruise dose is 8 whole months. Your only on that cycle 8 weeks. I hope anyone who tried such a thing is already huge and ripped and has a solid foundation of weight for many years. Fact is if you go up 40 pounds (for example) over a short time (months) you need to stay at that weight as long as possible so your body gets accustomed to being that weight.

Obviously things can be alittle different in certain circumstances. We have all heard about certain bodybuilders who stay off a long time and then bang on a big cycle and grow and grow. But this is with a date in mind to look your absolute best. The off time is for health and rest and in that time you obviously try and maintain best you can. The same goes for people who blast and cruise... during cruising you maintain best you can... some like to add peps in etc to aid this process. But that cycle outline again is stupid as your cruising for 8 whole months then off completely for two. The coming off is a good thing before a big cycle but not after a cruise for 8 months. Where am I wrong? Don't get me wrong we all have different ways and what works for me may not work for you... but I am talking generally here. I am a work in progress but would be stupid to follow a similar approach. The guy came back saying he wasn't even serious about doing that... why would you even do that... create abit of controversy :confused:

By the way the reason the off period is in that places is usually because many believe it refreshes you... gives your receptors a break... mental break etc. All to give you the best possible results when you blast your big doses. It's not to be 'healthy' Fact is it can do your body more harm then good if you come off like that after being on for an extended period. But I must add regardless of my previous statement I believe in doing the same for a variety of reasons.

One last thing sure different approaches work for different people but I stand by my words. There are far better ways of dong things in my opinion. A common one is being on for say 6 months and having 6 months off. That could be used in a similar way to the above but would carry far more benefits to the users in my opinion and also cover their health concerns. Or simply the typical short blasts of 6-12 weeks with plenty of time cruising and repeat... maybe come off everything before a big blast (contest prep) when you are aiming to look your very best. I doubt anyone on here would cruise for 8 months a year be completely off for 2 months and be on a huge cycle 2 months... thats is 'off' 10 months a year... not if they are serious about getting their physique to look incredible... so again stupid imo. We all have opinions though.

I want to add though I have always liked your posts and you seem knowledgeable and sure experimenting is good but just alittle surprised how you can see merit in that approach. Sure any hormones are better than none but I imagine we all want to do it the best way we can and I can seen that being the best way for anyone on here.

i came off everything for a bit of time to clean out for this dieting, it sucked balls. I held right around 230 after like 6-7 weeks off all hormones but it had a different look. I started back on, on monday and BAM my body is reacting like it hasnt in years.

I agree with what you have written. I have never known a huge person who cycles and then comes off. its 4 steps forward, 3 back everytime.

I most definitely understand how AAS works, being involved with their use for some 12 years now.
I think you are assuming that I am on a quest to be a mass monster, or that I am hellbent on making gains non stop until I hit the grave.....which I can understand, being that this is promuscle and all..... so I am in no way flaming you. Maybe I should have stated my goals with the suggested cycle. I am often guilty of just throwing my thoughts down on these forums without realizing that others may not know that I am just bouncing ideas around in my head (and on here).

I am often going back and forth with myself between wanting to be as large as possible and wanting to live a long and healthy life. As you know, it is quite hard to do both. I am 29 years old, and I had no fear of hitting it hard and dealing with whatever may come in my old age (while still taking as many precautions as I can; proper health supps, regular bloodwork, etc).
However, like many people around my age, I got married, bought a home, and have started thinking more and more about the future. I'm not ready to throw in the towel and stick to HRT doses, but I am sure now that I am done with heavier dosed cycling (heavy to me being 1g+ total AAS per week) year round. I have never really blast and cruised consistently, I have just done a few HRT dosed bridges between moderate dosed cycles.

I am the type of person that likes to experiment, and I am bouncing around the idea of being as large as I can be for maybe 3-5 months out of the year, and then maintaining as much as I can in as healthy a way as possible for the remainder of the year (meaning I am not concerned about losing a lot of size after the blast cycle). Really it was just a thought, and one I may or may not carry out. I figure I may try a heavy cycle like that, see where I end up, and then do the cruise as I outlined..... of course I don't expect to stay the size I get to from the large blast, but I know I can hold a very large amount of that mass for quite a bit of time after. If I don't mind what I see, I can repeat the cycle and basically end up being as large as I can for one point each year (let's say for the summer each year). Then throughout fall and winter, I slowly lose what I gained, stay as healthy as I can, and come spring time, blast it again to be large for the summer.

Just a thought. I am a thinker, my mind never stops, and I go over ideas in my head over and over night and day. Who knows, maybe I finish my current cycle and decide to cruise for two months, then go on another moderate cycle, and so on, like many others do. Or maybe I do what I suggested here and fail miserably, or maybe I like what I see and feel it is the best compromise for me at this point in my life.

I most definitely understand how AAS works, being involved with their use for some 12 years now.
I think you are assuming that I am on a quest to be a mass monster, or that I am hellbent on making gains non stop until I hit the grave.....which I can understand, being that this is promuscle and all..... so I am in no way flaming you. Maybe I should have stated my goals with the suggested cycle. I am often guilty of just throwing my thoughts down on these forums without realizing that others may not know that I am just bouncing ideas around in my head (and on here).

I am often going back and forth with myself between wanting to be as large as possible and wanting to live a long and healthy life. As you know, it is quite hard to do both. I am 29 years old, and I had no fear of hitting it hard and dealing with whatever may come in my old age (while still taking as many precautions as I can; proper health supps, regular bloodwork, etc).
However, like many people around my age, I got married, bought a home, and have started thinking more and more about the future. I'm not ready to throw in the towel and stick to HRT doses, but I am sure now that I am done with heavier dosed cycling (heavy to me being 1g+ total AAS per week) year round. I have never really blast and cruised consistently, I have just done a few HRT dosed bridges between moderate dosed cycles.

I am the type of person that likes to experiment, and I am bouncing around the idea of being as large as I can be for maybe 3-5 months out of the year, and then maintaining as much as I can in as healthy a way as possible for the remainder of the year (meaning I am not concerned about losing a lot of size after the blast cycle). Really it was just a thought, and one I may or may not carry out. I figure I may try a heavy cycle like that, see where I end up, and then do the cruise as I outlined..... of course I don't expect to stay the size I get to from the large blast, but I know I can hold a very large amount of that mass for quite a bit of time after. If I don't mind what I see, I can repeat the cycle and basically end up being as large as I can for one point each year (let's say for the summer each year). Then throughout fall and winter, I slowly lose what I gained, stay as healthy as I can, and come spring time, blast it again to be large for the summer.

Just a thought. I am a thinker, my mind never stops, and I go over ideas in my head over and over night and day. Who knows, maybe I finish my current cycle and decide to cruise for two months, then go on another moderate cycle, and so on, like many others do. Or maybe I do what I suggested here and fail miserably, or maybe I like what I see and feel it is the best compromise for me at this point in my life.

I didn't assume you were on some sort of quest at all. Infact you sound pretty similar to me. I am sure many moderate users have had those thoughts of what if I do this or that... this could be super dosing for a short time. I have had similar thoughts such as what if I take 1g test and 1g deca and some dbol and blow up so I can impress people I respect on here but those thoughts soon fade. I do think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you followed that cycle (or similar) but hey do want you want... everyone has that right.

I stated the things I did basically because I think anyone who understands the fundamentals of aas usage would see that really isn't a decent system to even think about doing... nevermind actually starting. But hey you would most likely look really good a few months of the year so your goal would be achieved and then you cruise. Anyway I wish you all the best and hopefully we both achieve what we want.

i came off everything for a bit of time to clean out for this dieting, it sucked balls. I held right around 230 after like 6-7 weeks off all hormones but it had a different look. I started back on, on monday and BAM my body is reacting like it hasnt in years.

I agree with what you have written. I have never known a huge person who cycles and then comes off. its 4 steps forward, 3 back everytime.

must have felt really shitty when u were off. thats the feeling i absolutely hate!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Most of us that are willing to spend money on health supplements can run high doses of anabolics year round and be ok. It's when you start running the androgenic compounds you can start doing real damage, orals too.
If your sticking with test npp and slin and eat right and take what you need to counter any thing that's effected on blood work.

Gh tren mast orals your gonna do some damage

I know this thread is old, but I never knew 1g a week of AAS was considered to be high doses? High doses in my mind was 5-6g weekly alongside growth and possibly peptides.

We all make choices, and your choices eventually catch up to you at one point or another. So if a fella’s running 5g of sauce weekly at 22 and continues this regimen for 20 years he’s gonna have issues pretty soon.

Never tried running 5-6g a week cycle, but I won’t ever rule it out either. If I ever did then I’m fully aware of the issues it can cause internally. Especially since I’m not a young buck anymore. I’m totally good with it though. You only live once, and you might as well enjoy it. Even if it shaves off years from your life. But that’s my thinking, others stay on the safe side of using. There’s nothing wrong with either one as long as you’re good with your choices!

Cage

I did in my 20s as I had nearly unlimited amounts of raws and excellent artistic control over my brews. all it did was skyrocket my ego, and put me in jeopardy of my health. prestige, trophies,clout , recognition whatever it is your health should not be a casualty of war in pursuit of looking incredible. cycle smart if you do

My training partner is 55 and been cycling since he was 20. Did some meth and other recs when young. He's on a minimum of 1 gram of test as a base. About 6 months ago he was on about 4 grams and got Covid. He called me to ask if he should take more roids to kill off the Covid. I was like no give it a rest, your levels will stay high for several months even if you stop completely lol.

I don't preach to him, at 55 he is set in his ways. Had some BP issues a while back but still standing after a lifetime and rivers of oils and mountains of pills lol.

If you don't look like a god after 10 weeks of that, something is wrong with you
More than likely he will throw in the towel at week 3.5 from side effects. You have to build up to a cycle like that and it takes years... and your piss smells like chemical waste because it is.

I know this thread is old, but I never knew 1g a week of AAS was considered to be high doses? High doses in my mind was 5-6g weekly alongside growth and possibly peptides.

We all make choices, and your choices eventually catch up to you at one point or another. So if a fella’s running 5g of sauce weekly at 22 and continues this regimen for 20 years he’s gonna have issues pretty soon.

Never tried running 5-6g a week cycle, but I won’t ever rule it out either. If I ever did then I’m fully aware of the issues it can cause internally. Especially since I’m not a young buck anymore. I’m totally good with it though. You only live once, and you might as well enjoy it. Even if it shaves off years from your life. But that’s my thinking, others stay on the safe side of using. There’s nothing wrong with either one as long as you’re good with your choices!

Cage
Yes this thread is 10 years old so not sure why it was bumped up. I guess the definition changes according to level of development and experience. So my definition isn't fixed because everyone is very different but I would say 500mg and below is considered low dose. As you move up to 750mg, 1g and even 1.5g that would still be moderate. Then as you get over 2 grams you are getting higher with over 3 grams considered high. 5 grams I consider very high. Now for someone huge and lean around 3 grams is pretty standard so I understand where your definition comes from stating 5-6g as high doses. Even though many take crazy amounts (10g plus) I still consider the 5-6g range extremely high.

Now for someone old or a newbie obviously things change but for anyone advanced I can't see how anyone could debate my ranges. I personally use around 1-1.5g total when I am pushing it these days so my definition's are generally based from hearing how much 100's of guys really take over the years and not my personal doses. Although I consider myself a fairly moderate user going on what others use. Obviously some guys on here think 600mg is high dose so everyone's definition is different but anyone in the real world knows that's pretty much a standard 1st cycle these days so whilst no one is wrong things differ massively from person to person.

My training partner is 55 and been cycling since he was 20. Did some meth and other recs when young. He's on a minimum of 1 gram of test as a base. About 6 months ago he was on about 4 grams and got Covid. He called me to ask if he should take more roids to kill off the Covid. I was like no give it a rest, your levels will stay high for several months even if you stop completely lol.

I don't preach to him, at 55 he is set in his ways. Had some BP issues a while back but still standing after a lifetime and rivers of oils and mountains of pills lol.
A friend of mine is/was 62. As a base he would run 1500 test and 1800 EQ. Then he would add in stuff. He looked great at about 6 foot and 240 shredded year round. Then he got his prostate checked and it was riddled with cancer. I haven't heard from him for 2 years. He just disappeared. He had a myriad of health issues he ignored. He would show me his bloodwork. Also had a huge aortic anyurism waiting to burst. It's was sad. It's tough to get out once you are locked into that superman physique. It's funny though. No matter how much shit you take the general public will blast you if it becomes known. Then inside our own community there is some kind of moral hierarchy concerning dose. The low dosers ridicule the high dosers and the high dosers ridicule the low dosers. People are so fucking tribal/hypocritical/nuts. Where is sanity?

As long as you’re getting blood work while on cycle there is very little need to go on and off. The key is getting it while on a cycle. If you’re on an 8 month cycle you should have bloods at least done twice while on that cycle. A lot of people make the mistake of getting bloods after a layoff, at which point of course you’re going to be at or close to “normal” levels. Take your support supplements, monitor your stress and do whatever.

I’ve never run more than 1.5grms total and I thought I felt like a pin cushion. Can’t imagine taking double or more of that. But take the necessary precautions if you do

I know I’m a “newbie”, but those who are truly newbies should take close look at the differences between the responses of the veterans of this site as compared to the “new members”.

A friend of mine is/was 62. As a base he would run 1500 test and 1800 EQ. Then he would add in stuff. He looked great at about 6 foot and 240 shredded year round. Then he got his prostate checked and it was riddled with cancer. I haven't heard from him for 2 years. He just disappeared. He had a myriad of health issues he ignored. He would show me his bloodwork. Also had a huge aortic anyurism waiting to burst. It's was sad. It's tough to get out once you are locked into that superman physique. It's funny though. No matter how much shit you take the general public will blast you if it becomes known. Then inside our own community there is some kind of moral hierarchy concerning dose. The low dosers ridicule the high dosers and the high dosers ridicule the low dosers. People are so fucking tribal/hypocritical/nuts. Where is sanity?

He was feeding his prostrate cancer with testosterone. Very sad to hear about this. Not saying the cancer was preventable but he did it no favors feeding it minus the PSA testing (I assume). Don’t know enough about the other ‘things’ to comment but I hope he gets his health back. You don’t realize it’s importance when you look and feel like Superman . . . Only when you lose it. I wish him well.

He was feeding his prostrate cancer with testosterone. Very sad to hear about this. Not saying the cancer was preventable but he did it no favors feeding it minus the PSA testing (I assume). Don’t know enough about the other ‘things’ to comment but I hope he gets his health back. You don’t realize it’s importance when you look and feel like Superman . . . Only when you lose it. I wish him well.

I actually heard some pretty I interesting stuff about prostate Cancer on Joe Rohan’s podcast from about 2 weeks ago or so… It’s episode #1735 with Dr. Peter Attia if you want to take a listen.. I highly recommend the whole episode.

Peter says that there’s a 50% chance of having prostate cancer for men after 50 years old…

Now the way he said it in the video, and I was actually going to post it and get member’s input and try to dissect some more info;

But he said something along the lines of;

“There’s a 50% chance one of us has prostate cancer right now, and the problem isn’t when cancer stays in one location, for this case in the prostate, prostate cancer in and of itself isn’t fatal, it’s when it spreads that it’s fatal..”

And basically saying that if they were to dissect both of their prostates that the odds they would find some cancer cells in them would be very high. That it’s almost unavoidable in men above a certain age and that pretty much all men, by the time they’re old, will have prostate cancer..

And he is/was an oncology surgeon..

So that was interesting to me considering how many men over 50 use PEDs and GH regularly, including Joe Rogan.. So it could change what we know about how much AAS and especially GH effect the spread of cancer, if literally 50% of men over 50 really do have some form of cancer cells in their prostate anyway..

Good information. Thank you. And from what I understand (my father
recently died from prostate cancer which should / could have been
avoided had both my father and his doctor been better informed;
patient history, doctor insistence, etc. The fact still remains that
most, if not all men will die with prostate cancer, albeit slow
growing as it it typically is in most cases and ironically, poses
minimal risk unless extenuating circumstances exist (history of
abnormal cells for one) a predisposition fueled by the
fertilizer called testosterone, that is where the rub occurs.
Get checked regularly as I do and plan for the worst and
hope for the best. I have been told that my risk is extremely
low, not of dying with prostate cancer but because of it.

Testosterone within 'normal' range is one thing but the addition
of GH in my case, not enough money in world could make me take it.

I know this is a bit off topic but I think it deserves attention especially
when talking about high doses.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner