advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do prep guys take advantage of competitors will to win with the prices they charge?

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
just curious what people opinions are on this. given how much info is available on these boards, granted i know MUCH better it is to have someone to help guide you. but knowing how expensive the sport already is do you think the paying anywhere from $1000-4000 for some email exchanges is excessive??

just curious what people opinions are on this. given how much info is available on these boards, granted i know MUCH better it is to have someone to help guide you. but knowing how expensive the sport already is do you think the paying anywhere from $1000-4000 for some email exchanges is excessive??

It depends on the info that's being exchanged. if you are paying that much for someone to just tell you: let your first meal be this many grams protein, this many grams of carbs, and this many grams of fat... eat whatever your body feels comfortable ... blah blah blah and that kind of stuff without specific details about anything... yes, he's just ripping you off and taking advantage of his clients. for $4000, i see that he should be cooking the food for you :) ... you can hire a chef for 1/4 of that amount.

If he tells you everything down to the smallest detail (the type of food, the amount, what time, what kind of training, reps, sets, exercises, supplements, super supps, when to take them, unlimited phone calls... etc) then it would seem to be a fair price depending on the competitor.

I would rather pay $2000 on GH than pay $2000 on a prep guy who will just tell me shit i already know (which happened a while back).

It depends on the info that's being exchanged. if you are paying that much for someone to just tell you: let your first meal be this many grams protein, this many grams of carbs, and this many grams of fat... eat whatever your body feels comfortable ... blah blah blah and that kind of stuff without specific details about anything... yes, he's just ripping you off and taking advantage of his clients. for $4000, i see that he should be cooking the food for you :) ... you can hire a chef for 1/4 of that amount.

If he tells you everything down to the smallest detail (the type of food, the amount, what time, what kind of training, reps, sets, exercises, supplements, super supps, when to take them, unlimited phone calls... etc) then it would seem to be a fair price depending on the competitor.

I would rather pay $2000 on GH than pay $2000 on a prep guy who will just tell me shit i already know (which happened a while back).

i agree with paying for everything down to the smallest detail. it is such a load off your mind. thta is the kind of situation im involved in now. but where did these prices come from?

depends

What you are paying for is someone's time. The value of their time depends on many factors - the demands they have, their skill level, how much work they desire to have and many more.

Is it excessive? Only the seller/buyer can determine that. Personally if you are going to invest in time to train, time to eat, food, drugs (i mean supplements :) ) etc, then that amount is only a drop in the bucket of your total cost of competing. If I ever decide to invest that much time in prepping for a contest I think 1k-4k would be well worth the peace of mind it would bring knowing I was doing it the right way.

Just my opinion.

but where did these prices come from?

they came from
www.pricespulledoutofmyass.com :D

Seriously though, i would assume they came from: "well, this trainer charges this much. and i know i could do the same job or even better. so, i'll charge the same or even more"

as they build up a bigger clientel base and get a better rep, they increase prices.

just speculating

I think theres alot of factors involved. I mean if you look at what Chad did with Ronnie, i would believe Ronnie would say it was well worth it. Some guys have looked ok and then BAM, they work with one of these top guys and they look amazing.

I think at the PRO level it would be worth it if they are winning money, but for the amateur and national level.....i dont.

ok so back to the original question...are they taking advantage of the will to win?

If I ever decide to invest that much time in prepping for a contest I think 1k-4k would be well worth the peace of mind it would bring knowing I was doing it the right way.

Just my opinion.

this is the biggest concern. you won't know til you blow off the money :)
I know a handful of people in my country who do contest prep and charge a fortune for it and they just pull the info out of their ass.

"in the last 2 weeks, do 500 sit ups and take 50 mg halo everyday. that'll get rid of all the fat on your stomach"

I wouldn't pay $10 for that kind of advice. hell, i wouldn't take it that advice you paid me to do that.

ok so back to the original question...are they taking advantage of the will to win?

most of them?... i would say yes. i don't want to offend anyone by saying that. but in all the forums i go to, i always here about prep guys who had their guys win the overall in the USA's and win their weight class...
out of 7 classes, and 1 overall... you have like 8 trainers training 5 guys each and they all won their weight class and overall... mmmmm...i don't think so.

WELL

HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE TELL ANOTHER PERSON WHAT EXACT TIME, WHAT EXACT AMOUNTS AT THE PRECISE MOMENT AND EXACTLY HOW MANY REPS TO DO PER SET WHILE TELLING THEM HOW MANY MGs TO TAKE WEEKLY? IT IS YOU GUYS AT FAULT HERE..........PAYING THAT MUCH MONEY......... TO BELIEVE THAT IS POSSIBLE. YOU NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE WHO WILL TEACH YOU WHAT SIGNS TO LOOK FOR SO YOU LEARN YOUR BODY AND MAKE THOSE DECISIONS ON YOUR OWN....AT A FAIR PRICE.

Now i think it would depend on who you hire as there certainly more reasonable prices from this board and their reputations speak for themselves, both from personal achievements and from what other board members say about them.
Word of mouth goes along way for recommendations.

I don't know if im alout to tout who has agreed to take me on, both for a short notice contest prep' and for after show progression to the max'.

But he's not to far away from here

HOW ON EARTH COULD ANYONE TELL ANOTHER PERSON WHAT EXACT TIME, WHAT EXACT AMOUNTS AT THE PRECISE MOMENT AND EXACTLY HOW MANY REPS TO DO PER SET WHILE TELLING THEM HOW MANY MGs TO TAKE WEEKLY? IT IS YOU GUYS AT FAULT HERE..........PAYING THAT MUCH MONEY......... TO BELIEVE THAT IS POSSIBLE. YOU NEED TO HIRE SOMEONE WHO WILL TEACH YOU WHAT SIGNS TO LOOK FOR SO YOU LEARN YOUR BODY AND MAKE THOSE DECISIONS ON YOUR OWN....AT A FAIR PRICE.

and that is why i refer everyone to you, phil :) ... I had people ask me for 7 times what you charge (yes, 7 times) and gave me some really bad advice.

I don't know if im alout to tout who has agreed to take me on, both for a short notice contest prep' and for after show progression to the max'.

But he's not to far away from here

it's in your sig .... ;)

I agrre with an earlier post, that is between you and your trainer. I see fat out of shape trainers in gyms, charging $40 per hour.:mad: If he trains you 5 times a week for 12 weeks, he took $2400 from that client.:eek: Do you think he is worth that? HELL NO!!:mad:

it's in your sig .... ;)

Exactly, thats why the last line said he's not to far from here....... as a hint, and as it happened he posted just before me too, lol.

Ive got it all to come.....along with big red writing, ha ( private joke maybe, ha :) )

Its like anything in life......cars, houses, pro sports, etc. I guess the question is......Is it worth it to you? Only you (the competitor) can answer that.

HAHAHHAAHHA

Exactly, thats why the last line said he's not to far from here....... as a hint, and as it happened he posted just before me too, lol.

Ive got it all to come.....along with big red writing, ha ( private joke maybe, ha :) )

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU EMAIL ME AND I CAN WRITE BACK IN RED!!!! YOU ARE LUCKY I CANT DO IT ON HERE! :)

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU EMAIL ME AND I CAN WRITE BACK IN RED!!!! YOU ARE LUCKY I CANT DO IT ON HERE! :)

It does make me chuckle and reminds me of my school days, lol..... but it does get the point across and gives me a kick up the butt, ha :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131