advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do steroids affect your brain like recreational drugs ?

When I'm on test and an AI I'm sharper, and a quicker thinker. Deca seems to make me lazy, but physically and mentally. Orals don't really affect me that way (but I've never tried halo).

Dr Drew says they effect the same receptors that meth does, but I don't know.
AAS are 'alpha excitatory', and so is meth. There are many types of alpha receptors though, and certain drugs are partial agonists/antagonists. Meth hits other receptors too though.

I have no doubts that AAS affect the brain in many different ways.
Some AAS increase dopamine levels to a degree, which explains why some guys try to act dominant when on test. EQ interferes with GABA-ergic transmission, which can give crippling anxiety if you are GABA deficient or have other problems relating to GABA and glutamate.
Taking AAS that aromatize lead to changes in brain chemistry from the extra estrogen. Anyone that has taken loads of test without an AI can verify some mood changes. I know when I crush Estro into the ground with letro, I get irritable and lose my libido.....both having to do with different neurotransmitters.

Last edited:
I would say No might make ageession more but other than that I am sane lol

AAS are 'alpha excitatory', and so is meth. There are many types of alpha receptors though, and certain drugs are partial agonists/antagonists. Meth hits other receptors too though.

I have no doubts that AAS affect the brain in many different ways.
Some AAS increase dopamine levels to a degree, which explains why some guys try to act dominant when on test. EQ interferes with GABA-ergic transmission, which can give crippling anxiety if you are GABA deficient or have other problems relating to GABA and glutamate.
Taking AAS that aromatize lead to changes in brain chemistry from the extra estrogen. Anyone that has taken loads of test without an AI can verify some mood changes. I know when I crush Estro into the ground with letro, I get irritable and lose my libido.....both having to do with different neurotransmitters.

This would make you smarter though because women have natural high Estro and they know everything!!!:D:devil:smi

All drugs affect brain chemistry. The higher levels of androgens, and estrogen from conversion of androgens, take you through a whole gamut of emotions. Do they reduce your intelligence? Hell, I ain't think I be dumb er nuttin!

*Stupid is as stupid does! Mama used to say that. :D

lower test levels

are associated with decreased cognitive function and alzheimers with testosterone increasing spatial memory in men with alzheimer's. It may depend on levels, of course there is the acceptable range, which is strangely different from between many different labs....
Also, with the vast chemical cascade brought about from hormone usage it may not simply be the effect of the hormone itself (I'm not saying it isn't) but it may have to do the with effects the chemicals cause in the rest of the body. Physiology is a complex thing and there isn't usually a sweet simple answer to everything. Consider the effects of hormones on the renin-angiotensin system...test increases renin levels...and then there is something about the renin angiotensin blockade reducing free test in middle-aged men on haemodialysis and correlates with erythropoietin resistance (what if they're not on haemodialysis, has a study been done? I don't know. EPO resistance, that would mean less oxygen to the body and its cells including oxygenation to the brain, right?

My 2cents:

1. Test - I concentrate better.
2. Tren Ace - I can't explain why...I don't care why, but I get more creative on Tren A. It seems I find ways to solve problems differently.

I can't remember where, but I've read that TRT has had positive implications on those with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

AAS are 'alpha excitatory', and so is meth. There are many types of alpha receptors though, and certain drugs are partial agonists/antagonists. Meth hits other receptors too though. I have no doubts that AAS affect the brain in many different ways. Some AAS increase dopamine levels to a degree, which explains why some guys try to act dominant when on test. EQ interferes with GABA-ergic transmission, which can give crippling anxiety if you are GABA deficient or have other problems relating to GABA and glutamate. Taking AAS that aromatize lead to changes in brain chemistry from the extra estrogen. Anyone that has taken loads of test without an AI can verify some mood changes. I know when I crush Estro into the ground with letro, I get irritable and lose my libido.....both having to do with different neurotransmitters.
Very insightful, thankyou. Yeah, eq doesnt bother me at any dose, not does anything else except adro and tren. I can take 3grams of test and I'm good, but 25mg of tren makes me ill, in many ways.

It makes me dumber in the sense I know there is no good reason I should be using these as long term they aren't great for my health and I have no need to eventually weigh 250 at low bf.

But when I am on I find myself more outgoing and maybe even slightly more ambitious. Intelligence wise...no effect as far as I'm concerned.

My 2cents:

1. Test - I concentrate better.
2. Tren Ace - I can't explain why...I don't care why, but I get more creative on Tren A. It seems I find ways to solve problems differently.

I can't remember where, but I've read that TRT has had positive implications on those with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

Tren definitely has this effect on me. When writing short stories or songs, there is no end to my creativity. It amazes me, no writers block whatsoever through my entire run.

I also read an article about sex change patients- women to men- they lose a measurable amount of emotional and verbal ability to explain themselves and their feelings when they go on test therapy. Pretty interesting.

Heavy tren usage created a lot of anxiety for me when I was younger. But that was heavy usage...

Before, you used to be a piece of shit, now you are just the shit, because you are big and juicy, and you also get hella pussy :p !

aside the joke, what do mood swings have to do with intelligence ?

The question was do steroids affect you or me like rec drugs, I say no but thats just the example that came to me. But to put it another way steroids dont get me 'high' or at least nolike dope and coke but thats just me ;)

But yes man love being sot after lol

Last edited:
Test gives you a overall feeling of wellness in reasonable does (200mg/week) my father at age 75 is a changed man on TRT, says he just feels good all the time now must alter the brain somewhat?

Test gives you a overall feeling of wellness in reasonable does (200mg/week) my father at age 75 is a changed man on TRT, says he just feels good all the time now must alter the brain somewhat?

HRT is a different subject....

We are talking about cycles... +250-300mg of AAS id consider a cycle

Going back to AAS making you a little dumber... well I beleive it to be true to some degree. It definetely makes you more emotional and can cloud your judgement. Rational thinking and action requires very little emotional input and steroids affect this thought process. So it can lead you to make "dumber" decisions.

Also, the constant heightened libido makes it hard to concentrate or focus on anything other than sex, and things related to sex.

I have organic chem, biochem and physical chemistry this semester + an elective. I have studied maybe 30hours the last 3 days. Last semester, I had 2 mickey mouse classes, physics and calculus. I had good grades, got on a small cycle and started slacking, no realising why. I couldn't bring myself to even do more than 15mins at a time. My starting average in calculus was 93%, I went into the final, without studying anything or even caring and received a 75%. I couldn't even handle half a gram of juice. Too bad. 150mg seems to be okay for me, I might up it to 200mg, but my estrogen increases a little too much.

Last edited:
OK so is that the reason I feel so much anxiety on tren and why my minds always racing first time on tren great results muscles always feel sore and I know I'm drinking enough water and taking time off somedays in an excellent mood next day feel like the worlds closing in on me weird definitely mood changes quickly

Going back to AAS making you a little dumber... well I beleive it to be true to some degree. It definetely makes you more emotional and can cloud your judgement. Rational thinking and action requires very little emotional input and steroids affect this thought process. So it can lead you to make "dumber" decisions.

Also, the constant heightened libido makes it hard to concentrate or focus on anything other than sex, and things related to sex.

I have organic chem, biochem and physical chemistry this semester + an elective. I have studied maybe 30hours the last 3 days. Last semester, I had 2 mickey mouse classes, physics and calculus. I had good grades, got on a small cycle and started slacking, no realising why. I couldn't bring myself to even do more than 15mins at a time. My starting average in calculus was 93%, I went into the final, without studying anything or even caring and received a 75%. I couldn't even handle half a gram of juice. Too bad. 150mg seems to be okay for me, I might up it to 200mg, but my estrogen increases a little too much.

Dude you just saved me, school starts this Friday for me, I'm graduating in another semster and this semster I'm taking the hardest classes my major has got to offer, I'm an engineering student and taking system analysis, computer architecture , differental equations, and dynamics, I'm starting my cycle maybe Monday, , I would have started earlier but TK has been closed and was waiting on them. My system analysis course is the hardest my school offers and only one PHD son of a bitch teaches it, he fails seniorsleft and right and it takes excesss tudying for his class , if my cycle affects me I'm going to stop , I can't fail, my Gpa is at a 2.9 and just got accepted to the MTA as an on sight mechnical engineer, they need me to graduate with a 3.0 to start at 70k . I can't fuck up or ill regret juicing . I hope its all just a myth, my cycle is winny and prop for 10 weeks.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131