advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do u find that your mental sharpness & clarity goes down when u eat too much?

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Guys, i've been eating allot lately in my quest to bulk up. I wouldn't say allot but around 3000-3200 calories. I when from 2200.

Recently, i've found that i have been experiencing lack of clarity and sharpness. I'm not sure if its the increase in calories or due to training or work stress.

It would be helpful if you guys could share your experience and knowledge and what do you do to combat such issue.

Thanks guys.

Takes a lot of energy to digest food, although I don't start to feel cloudy until I drop calories during a prep. Everyone's body is different.

Eating and finishing your protein portion of meal, then consuming carbs last helps me. Was in some book on executive performance I read 30 years ago.

not with 3000 kcals lol but on cheat days around 5000 kcals or higher then yes, definitely.
fatigue bigtime, and cant get a clear thought

It can affect mental clarity from time to time.

It can also affect creativity.

It's the overconsumption of carbs that causes mental fogginess which is why these days I lower my carb intake and increase my fat intake. I have much better focus now.

If I get a lethargic feeling from eating to many carbs I do about 30 min of intense cardio. 100% success rate. Helps with the stress that comes along with the mental cloud from carb overload as well. It keeps that feeling away for at least 3-4 days while I'm eating like an elephant.

Just the heavy feeling in my stomach from a large meal, you know the ones that cause distended bellies, makes me tired. This is why ate my office job I will do egg whites with some flavoring and something easy to digest like cream of rice. No sluggish feeling like I want to just sit there and lounge back like a Thanksgiving Day meal. How many meals are you eating a day and spacing them out? Big difference between energy going with chicken and rice totaling 500-600 calories compared to downing 1000 calories worth of that in a sitting.

you may feel more fatigued obviously but your central nervous system is your largest consumer of glucose. so when you eat your CNS is like a burning fire using as much as possible to stimulate itself and fire neurotransmitters.

higher carbs does being mental fog & lethargy for me defo.

If u can split ur meals up more. Keep most of ur carbs around ur workout. If there fast digesting it will help. Seem when I go over 100 in one meal I feel the same. Digestive enzymes seem to help and keep gut health in check!

110% or expect to regret it!

I used to fast a lot for cleansing purposes. I worked up to 8 days with distiller water only. I was as sharp as can be. I remember thinkin how I would want to do this for an important test if I needed. Even a day or two of fasting really made me sharp. I think slammin calories could do the reverse of this.

Most definitely. We aren't designed to be food processing powerhouses. It wasn't uncommon for the human body to go days without food, but every 3 hours? Now that's definitely giving mother nature the middle finger

"YES". I can't eat too much for long time, but body just doesn't like it. I feel tired, and unsharp. I am a software developer so i need to be sharp all the time.

I would always hit a massive crash right on 4pm just battling to stay awake, I had been eating higher carb lower fat for awhile and was enjoying it, only lately when shifting a bit back the other way, not low carbs but like 150g a day and just pounding as many good sources of fats as possible energy is much more stable, no sleepiness.

This has been without a drop in calories, so even ~3000 cal high carb was leaving me dragging ass all day, about the same high fat has me steady and alert, seems much much easier on digestion as well

blood sugar levels increasing/decreasing depending how your body responds or doesn't to your insulin release.glucose tolerance

Most definitely. We aren't designed to be food processing powerhouses. It wasn't uncommon for the human body to go days without food, but every 3 hours? Now that's definitely giving mother nature the middle finger

Spot on......100K+ years of waking up to hunt, NOT eat, can not be overridden by technological advancement and convenience!

Find the level of carbs you need for your level of activity. Keep them around training/exercise times, and utilize a few pieces of fruit as needed throughout the day to keep the liver carbed enough for your brain to function optimally.

Spot on......100K+ years of waking up to hunt, NOT eat, can not be overridden by technological advancement and convenience!

Find the level of carbs you need for your level of activity. Keep them around training/exercise times, and utilize a few pieces of fruit as needed throughout the day to keep the liver carbed enough for your brain to function optimally.

Never understood why focus carbs around training only, if your body is functioning like it's supposed to it's burning carbs all the time. Sure it's good to have more carbs pre and post workout but also at other times as well.

How many big guys you know that have carbs just around training vs have them throughout the day?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131