over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do u train to failure on every set?

cckf2004

Registered
After doing warm up sets,do u train to failure on every set.I have always trained like this and after reading big a's growth guide,I realize he said to do only one set per exercise to failure.Tell me ur thought..thanks

I go to failure on each set. Always have. Maybe I should switch it up and try something different, ESP if big a says it'll make u grow.

I go to mental failure, that point where your mind tells your to quit. And then I go to true physical failure for one set of the excersise.

never on every set. I mean dont you warm up with a lighter set before you put three plates on to do a work set. If not how many reeps do you do while warming up 50? just curious what others are doing.

I used to but I prefer going to near failure. Like 1-2 reps away from it. This way I don't get burned out so fast and have plenty of endurance to get through the workout. I don't think failure is necessary at all, or even beneficial

I used to but I prefer going to near failure. Like 1-2 reps away from it. This way I don't get burned out so fast and have plenty of endurance to get through the workout. I don't think failure is necessary at all, or even beneficial

Do you train high volume/

i very seldom train to failure, occasionally for a max effort attempt but try to limit that as much as I can so I don't get burnt out.

I go to basic failure every set...meaning if I hit a sticking point and I can't preform a proper rep, I stop. Then generally the last set of every exercise I go to retard failure rest/pause/drop set madness and kill myself

Usually not on my big lifts(squat dead bench ) but smaller muscle groups I usually do. Trying it with biceps and calves now so time will tell if its a good thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Just for short periods 2-3 times yearly. That is when I switch to more hit type training for about 4-6 weeks to break out of staleness in normal routine. amt of sets are much less during those times. T

i fail on every set, positive failure. thinking of trying more sets, no failure.
can you tell me, how often do you increase the weights used?
can you give me an example, like would you increase the weights on every excercise at the same time, or add weight to one or two...what?
that's where i'm confused on volume training and doing multiple sets of different excercises. and how do you stop yrself from going all out?

I don't go to failure too much. It depends on my goals. I like going to failure when I am lagging on certain body parts, or wanting to get over a hump. Sometimes I also go to failure when I change up my diet and I am trying to lean out more. I don't like going to failure on any other cases because I don't want to burn out too early and hinder my workout.

mick

i fail on every set, positive failure. thinking of trying more sets, no failure.
can you tell me, how often do you increase the weights used?
can you give me an example, like would you increase the weights on every excercise at the same time, or add weight to one or two...what?
that's where i'm confused on volume training and doing multiple sets of different excercises. and how do you stop yrself from going all out?

I don't usually pyramid weights every set anymore. I only do if I feel like the weight I am using is too light on my first set. If that is the case, I'll ramp up the weight on my next set.

To be honest, I think almost every training program is pretty much going to give the same results. Whether going to failure, near failure, high reps, low reps, volume training, etc. All of that seems to generate the same results to me. Whether people agree or not, I've tried every workout program in the book and I will get results as long as my body is in anabolic mode (enough food and gear to enable me to grow)

I go to failure on every set after my warm ups. Best way to gauge my progress if you ask me!

Used to..No longer. I am just over 40 and have had too many injuries interrupt my training, therefore I have cut down volume and weight considerably.

My goal is just to be able to continuously train. I leave my ego at the door.

I used to almost always train and failure in pursuit of PR's. These days quite a bit less, still sometimes on some sets of some exercises.

I do 16-20 sets per body part so I will only go to failure on a couple sets usually near the end of my workout.

After doing warm up sets,do u train to failure on every set.I have always trained like this and after reading big a's growth guide,I realize he said to do only one set per exercise to failure.Tell me ur thought..thanks

I try too,,,it's just the way I train. I cant stop until I know the muslce I'm working is completely exhausted.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws