over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do you agree with Palumbo on only using Humilin R and not humalog

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I use to do a little mix of both, and thought that would be optimal, and then sometimes just humalog, to try to prevent less fat gain? is using humalin R more optimal for muscle gain over humalog by it self, atleast that what palumbo says. i reqs just humilin R, but i had always read humalog was the better stuff if you could get it, be he sesm to disagree

Last edited:
what the fuck are you talking about?????????

:confused:

I shouldn't answer this but I will. Basically, some people think that because Humalog is an analog of insulin, it may not work on all types of receptors, and MAY not be as good for growth as Humulin-R.

Personally I don't agree, I say use the one you feel the MOST comfortable using safely, for me I feel safer using Humalog (I actually use Novolog), because I don't have to worry about it 3-4 hours later, only 1-2 hours.

You don't need 10iu at a time to get good results from slin, I only do 4iu PWO, but I also work to keep my insulin sensitivity high.

ok i reedited it a little clearer. whom all here still prefers humalog or humilin R?

I have been using Humulin-r in a protocol suggested to me by somebody well known here. It has worked well for me, but I don't have a comparison since I don't have access to Humalog. I can tell you that it has definitely resulted in a mass gain that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I keep a constant flow of carbs through my body all day long, and I've never had an issue. I'll be posting progress pics probably sometime in December.

The longer acting the slin the longer with will do its job of shuttleing the nutrients , humalog only for 2 maybe 3 hrs humuli-R up to 6hrs.

I think alot of people like the Log form because it doest require you to be as watchfull with the diet for as long

ohhhhh....ok:rolleyes:

short or long???

what whould be the difference
if you did half the dose of the long
with the short, divided in 2 or 3 doses
every 1.5 hours after training for no more
than 6 hours?????

in essence.......little short bursts of short acting??? for several hours
does it work?????.......you bet your ass it does

slin puts fat on me

and i dont like fat:eek:

:p

I use Humalog. Never tried Humulin-R. Would there really be much of a difference? I'd rather have it in and out of my system as fast as possible. I shoot IM too for this reason.

Slin does put fat on me, but it also puts alot of meat on me too :D

see thats where i got confused, becasue i have always read humalog better becasue quicker so shuttled nutrients in faster, and stoped faster to prevent over spill of fat gain, but palumbo seems to basically be saying that the humilin R is just flat out better for muscle gain, and tenny ya i feel you on the reapedted doses of the humalog as ive tried that, but also its similar to just doing a mix of the 2 huh? im with you ,on prventing fat gain, so i use to just use the humalog. i think my question was kinda basically saying do you get a musch of a muscle building beneift from humalog then humilin R becaseu event thoe the R last longer, the muscle should be supplied enough from a humalog spike in its anobolic state, and a bit after its more fat vs. muscle gain ratio wrigth?

on another note for some whom use pre workout, i suppose humin R could be better compared timing wise for the spike if used ruffly less than an hour before workout, like directly preworkout with humalog?

No brainer...

Attachments

• 2_12_013_ESM%20HUMALOG.jpg
    2_12_013_ESM%20HUMALOG.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 6,038
fuck they both work for me, i do log now just because i dont have time to be watching my blood sugar levels all day.

I have been using Humulin-r in a protocol suggested to me by somebody well known here. It has worked well for me, but I don't have a comparison since I don't have access to Humalog. I can tell you that it has definitely resulted in a mass gain that I wouldn't have otherwise had. I keep a constant flow of carbs through my body all day long, and I've never had an issue. I'll be posting progress pics probably sometime in December.

Can you tell us more about your diet and insulin protocol? It would be really cool if you could post this.

All I can say is from my personal experience that I found humulin R easier to control. The times I used humalog I went hypo more often and actually had a harder time controlling my blood sugar. When I used the type R I did not have those issues.

I think what polumbo was talking about was insulin receptor down regulation from trying to mimic a diabetics protocol fir multiple uses during the day. It was in hi q&a recently

I think what polumbo was talking about was insulin receptor down regulation from trying to mimic a diabetics protocol fir multiple uses during the day. It was in hi q&a recently

ya, but how can it degrade insulin sensitivity any more than humilin R, ya humalog is faster, but R is longer, so id like to see the studies or sites saying that the quicker stuff degrades reseptors more

I shouldn't answer this but I will. Basically, some people think that because Humalog is an analog of insulin, it may not work on all types of receptors, and MAY not be as good for growth as Humulin-R.

Any studies at all showing that? It's the first I've herd of it.

As a diabetic, I use both. If one works better for you, stick with it. That said Log generally hits a lot harder, and can take you low quick, if you didn't eat enough carbs. However, R has a second spike that occurs latter and can really take you by surprise, if your not careful.

I recommend trying both, if possible. I like a mix for large meals. Log only for small meals. R for before bed snack.....

That said Log generally hits a lot harder, and can take you low quick, if you didn't eat enough carbs..

That's what I found out when I tried the 2 of them and settled for R because I did not have that issue. For me humulin R was easier to deal with.

Any studies at all showing that? It's the first I've herd of it.

As a diabetic, I use both. If one works better for you, stick with it. That said Log generally hits a lot harder, and can take you low quick, if you didn't eat enough carbs. However, R has a second spike that occurs latter and can really take you by surprise, if your not careful.

I recommend trying both, if possible. I like a mix for large meals. Log only for small meals. R for before bed snack.....

:eek: wow before bed, you got balls man

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost