advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do you allow any cheese while cutting in keto, if so how much, if not why so?

speed

Registered
i know its a little high in sat fat, but i see it in moderation is alight, parm is high in pro, is there any of yall that would advise totaly againt cheese while deiting and why? if you do eat some how much do you limit your self too

From personal experience, I consumed cheese in keto with few adverse results, but I was not getting blood panels done regularly either. It did not take me out of ketosis and the fat loss seemed not to be compomised.

I do not do strict keto runs anymore but if I did I would either limit cheese or get the bloodwork done to test. (I cannot tolerate the salt content any more either).

As Pekkerwood said, its the salt that gets to me nowadays, so I don't consume as much. Back in the day, I would munch on smoked gouda all the time while in keto.

from some of the cheses im looking at the salt doesnt look bad, parm the highest 120 for a whole tbs, which i was usualyy only getting in a tsp on a salad. swiiss at 35 for a slice, how much cheese yall taking? but ill will admit sometimes ya do want more and slip up, a couple slices of swiss and a carb free hot dog with hot sauce is a nice snack

I wont eat cheese during keto but you can since its fat. I'd rather use a healthier fat such as walnuts, almonds or Mac nut oil.

True keto means you need to get 50-75% or more of your calories from fat. If you are eating 2,500 - 3,000 calories, then it's quite a bit of fat, hence quite a bit of cheese and the like. Try to get it all from flax oil and walnuts, and you prob aren't going to intake enough.

Plus, if you eat healthy all year round like many bodybuilders, keto is the one time you can let loose. One of the reasons I looked forward to doing it annually was that I could eat sausage and eggs, or bacon, or a big chunk or gouda, or porkrinds. So on and so forth. Not that that was all I ate, but I'd say 50% was "bad fats", the other half was salmon, walnuts, etc. But you can only eat so many walnuts or cashews during 8-10 weeks before you want to vomit!

It all depends on your own body and how reacts. My total cholesterol has always been low, and after a keto like this, it would stay flat or fall. So for me, eating heart "unhealthy" for two months out of an entire year was not too big a concern.

The one thing I would change, knowing what I know now, is I would fry my meat in coconut oil to give that a try. Seems promising re: potential health benefits.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws