over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you believe spirits exist?

IRON37

Registered
I know..totally random lol. But Ive always been fascinated in the subject. And when you think about it, theres been so many millions of people die on this planet..everywhere. I do believe that some people have seen them. But whos to know what it means? I dont want to get religious in this thread at all. Even though im almost positive thats where it will head lol. But seriously, how crazy would it be if it was accepted that there really are spirits? What would that change? I think anyone can agree that theres still plenty of things out there that we do not understand hardly at all. Black matter, radiation, gravity etc. Nobody thought those existed either...since you cant see it I guess. but theres tons of people with stories. Yeah Im sure alot of them are bullshit, but what about the true ones? Crazy stuff

Just the evil ones that torment me daily!;)

My wife is a very grounded person,a no BS professional type....she is a nurse and has worked at a Retirement home for the past 8 years,the last 5 of which have been running the midnight shift.During this time she has seen many,many people pass from this earth.The home is a converted Pastors residence for a very old Anglican Church in Town circa late 1700`s. All i`m going to say is that after hearing some of the stuff she`s witnessed over the past few years anyone who doesn`t believe in Spirits has their head in the sand....

Iron......You are not alone here (no pun intended). Plenty of people believe in spirits of some sort. I too have held a fascination and belief that they exist. As stated above there are too many unexplained occurances to rule out the supernatural world, which is where spirits dwell. We each have a spirit and in some it wanders in the night seeking others if it's kind. When you wake it returns to you and sometimes with experiences you would swear you have had but never done. Not Deja vu, but memories!

oldfella.......you ever seen a yowie over there. saw it last night on tv

Yes. Preferably Aged in charcoaled oaken casks. :p

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I for one believe in what you are calling spirits. There is much more to be discovered than what has been discovered. Too many things are coincidences to actually be coincidneces. You think of a friend you haven't seen in a long time, presto the phone rings, etc. I have had some events occur to my cynical self that cannot be explained away with rational means.

I believe b4 we had written, spoken, or sign language, humans still communicated. If we do a electromagnetic spectum image of your body, your head is going to cast the largest field. I believe at some point in the past before the crutch of written and spoken word, we were better able to read these fields. I believe that those abilities have atrophied in all but a very few much like our appendix. I participated in research as a youngster that was government funded to explore some of these hypothesis.

Also a healthy belief in and quasi understanding of quantum theory, super string theory etc. allows for all possibilities and for some reason that gives me peace. It allows me to respect everyones religion to a large degree. I like the fact that whatever you believe in, you probably are right.

In closing, one truism I like to believe is the energy is neither created nor lost. I for one believe this works at a spiritual level as well as physical. Be at Peace and thanks for the thought provoking topic.

oldfella.......you ever seen a yowie over there. saw it last night on tv
HAHAHAHHA yes I have! we have two types here.......on is made of chocolate and they sell it in stores, tastes awesome...........the other was a guy that used to come to my gym nicknamed "YOWIE". He was so freakin tall but skinny and weak as piss. OH and BUTT UGLY too! Nice guy though.

But if it was on tv and it was a documentary fo sorts it would have told you the YOWIE is an aboriginal myth created to scare children into being good or to stay away from certain places. He lived in the spirit world and was a monster of course! You would often hear the parents telling young children "you kids better not go messin round in there, that yowie lives in there and he will eat you". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDGE, look up BUNYIP! That is another one!;)

here is an interesting theory that i thought about. when we are children it isnt unusual for us to have an imaginary friend of somesort. this usually is a person, another child etc. this all takes place before we are told what is right and wrong and what exists and doesnt. but can anybody remember how convinced you were as a child or your children are that their friend is there with them.

then when you get older and you're told theres nobody really there and your perception of things changes they seem to just go. could it be the case that when we are open to a lot more stimulus when we're young that they are spirits that are just simply going about their daily business and joining in with us.

reason i think it is i had twin sister that was stillborn. i had an imaginary friend called jennifer through my early youth and she would always wear her yellow dress. my mum told me a few years ago it used to freak out the family as she was buried in a tiny yellow shawl and my dad wanted to call one of us jennifer if my mum gave birth to a girl. it even screwed my grandma up so much that i wouldnt be allowed to mention her when we used to go visit.

god knows where she's gone now. i think she moved west and got another ghost boyfriend and works in a call centre.

HAHAHAHHA yes I have! we have two types here.......on is made of chocolate and they sell it in stores, tastes awesome...........the other was a guy that used to come to my gym nicknamed "YOWIE". He was so freakin tall but skinny and weak as piss. OH and BUTT UGLY too! Nice guy though.

But if it was on tv and it was a documentary fo sorts it would have told you the YOWIE is an aboriginal myth created to scare children into being good or to stay away from certain places. He lived in the spirit world and was a monster of course! You would often hear the parents telling young children "you kids better not go messin round in there, that yowie lives in there and he will eat you". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDGE, look up BUNYIP! That is another one!;)

destination truth is the name of the show, the guys name is josh gates its on the sci-fi channel, was pretty interesting. found alot of trees with huge clawing marks and something was throwing rocks at them, it was pretty cool. i was waiting for you to come rumbling out of the bush, lol. your boardname should be YOWIE:D :D

Yep deffinately energy around us that is from dead people. As Einstein said energy never dies it just changes form so life energy turns into something else :):)

Yep deffinately energy around us that is from dead people. As Einstein said energy never dies it just changes form so life energy turns into something else :):)

+1.

THere is definitely more to the universe that science can explain (at least right now). Many eminent scientists believe that altenate dimensions are not only possible, but likely. Science really is only at the VERY tip of the iceberg when it comes to understanding our world/universe.

So, who is to say there is not some spirit world that we all transcend to when we die? Like BIGKIWI said..energy never dies, it just changes form....so, perhaps when we die keep on existing...but in a different form such as a spirit or transcending from this reality into another one.

I am DEFINITLEY a believer in some kind of existence after death. I dont know what form that existence will take......maybe it means we will all go though the pearly gates of heaven.....maybe it means we merely transcend into another dimension or alternate reality or some other form of energy.....either way, I am sure there is SOMETHING after death.

I have simply seen too much for that it to be true.....

i believe einstein was a bit more specific about what form of energy that was. If memory serves me, when energy leaves a 'system' the entropy of the universe increases. entropy is just a fancy way of saying chaos for the most part. this is the basis for the 2nd law of thermodynamics. the first law is you can't get out more than you put in (layman version is all i can remember) and the 2nd law says you can't break even either as any use of energy results in the universe taking some to increase its entropy. Sorry, had to clear that up, i'm a bit of a science geek.

I know..totally random lol. But Ive always been fascinated in the subject. And when you think about it, theres been so many millions of people die on this planet..everywhere. I do believe that some people have seen them. But whos to know what it means? I dont want to get religious in this thread at all. Even though im almost positive thats where it will head lol. But seriously, how crazy would it be if it was accepted that there really are spirits? What would that change? I think anyone can agree that theres still plenty of things out there that we do not understand hardly at all. Black matter, radiation, gravity etc. Nobody thought those existed either...since you cant see it I guess. but theres tons of people with stories. Yeah Im sure alot of them are bullshit, but what about the true ones? Crazy stuff

I wont get into the whole religious speech but yes I do beleieve they do exist in some form.

i will try and be quick, the day after my mother died, i got up and the door to the garage was locked....WE NEVER LOCK IT....she however, ALWAYS wanted it locked when she stayed the night??????????

2. some of my sons toys just come on by themselves, NEVER did b4??????? my dad said same thing happened when his mom (grandma) passed away...

3.. this one is spooky, a co-workers dad died on a FRIDAY night.....didnt tell the kids until SATURDAY nite, that grandpa died....the 7 yr old daughter said she talked to him last nite....FRIDAY....i guess shes a sleep walker and she stated she talked/saw him in the kitchen!!!!!!

they asked her later on in the day what happened, what was said how did he look.....she said "he looked ok, like grandpa.....he told me to tell everyone he is doing OK"

NOW IF THAT DONT GIVE YOU FUCKIN GOOSEBUMPS....I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL..

phats

i was just thinking this. energy never ceases to exsit. it can only change forms. i think its quantum physics. also states everything which happens has already happens. anything to change this actualy makes a parallel universe in which both universes continue to exist at the same time.

welli do belive in spirits. actually GHOST HUNTERS is my favorite show and i never miss it. also love the whole bigfoot, loch ness ect anything paranormal.

god bless
lucian

i will try and be quick, the day after my mother died, i got up and the door to the garage was locked....WE NEVER LOCK IT....she however, ALWAYS wanted it locked when she stayed the night??????????

2. some of my sons toys just come on by themselves, NEVER did b4??????? my dad said same thing happened when his mom (grandma) passed away...

3.. this one is spooky, a co-workers dad died on a FRIDAY night.....didnt tell the kids until SATURDAY nite, that grandpa died....the 7 yr old daughter said she talked to him last nite....FRIDAY....i guess shes a sleep walker and she stated she talked/saw him in the kitchen!!!!!!

they asked her later on in the day what happened, what was said how did he look.....she said "he looked ok, like grandpa.....he told me to tell everyone he is doing OK"

NOW IF THAT DONT GIVE YOU FUCKIN GOOSEBUMPS....I DONT KNOW WHAT WILL..

phats

got them...now i need to go get my teddy and a night light before i go to bed....thanks....:D

on a serious note, i've never witnessed nor been around anything that would leave me to believe in spirits etc, however you cant discredit the hundreds of thousands who have had those experiences.

Quantum Theory is the place where all of the unexplainable ends to to be explained. It is a bunch of highly educated highly credentialed people sitting around taking a s.w.a.g. (Scientific wild ass guess) at all of it. All of what we already speculate they get paid to do so. They try to throw physics at most of it but what happens when physics does not work or fit? Spirits do not apply the laws of physics to their being, they just are. They are as Big Kiwi pointed out energy, just in a different form. Sometimes the energy is tangiable and sometimes not. There is no simple explaination to them, they just are!!!:cool:

got them...now i need to go get my teddy and a night light before i go to bed....thanks....:D

on a serious note, i've never witnessed nor been around anything that would leave me to believe in spirits etc, however you cant discredit the hundreds of thousands who have had those experiences.
You probably have but donot realize it. Ever had that feeling that you were being watched, or a faint feeling that someone else was around but you can't see anyone? Or you would swear someone was talking to you yet no one spoke?

Spirits!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members