over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you believe spirits exist?

I think the root of these kinds of manifestations and tales lies right inside your post. In the beginning you say "trust me friend there is proof if you seek it long enough" but by the end you say "we just really dont know". Trust me, I'd like for there to be ghosts and spirits running around as much as anyone but I just can't put any effort into that brand of faith. It's hard enough for me to deal and struggle with the real realities of life that you mentioned - all the unexplainable things in life and the mystery and meaning of existence itself. Much more worthy pursuits. That's why I said what I said about keeping the fascination to a hobby level or just a mild amusement or curiosity and focus on reality.

By telling you there is proof I guess im referring to myself..I dont really need much more proof since I already believe myself. But I know its easy for anyone to be skeptical, even in things you do beleive in sometimes. So I tried to comprimise and say maybe we really dont know. I dont really know how to say what Im trying to say lol. But I do believe theres much about life itself that we have yet to understand including spirits. People never made great discoveries by saying "No thats nonsense that cant be done.". As humans we like for everything to make sense and fit into place. But not everything does. Thats whats so interesting to me. We like to pretend we know so much but in reality we probably dont. Im impressed by the points you make. They make me think a bit. But I still have my beliefs and you have your own. Your mind and body havent been the same places as mine and vice versa. And speaking of existence itslef lol..there could be a whole other thread on that alone. I kindof like to not think about that anymore. Very frustrating. Almost scary sometimes.

Com on guys don't ruin this by turning it into a religious debate.
i love this stuff, fact or fiction.

Interesting stuff here. Here's my little story. It wont make the hairs on your neck stand up and probably wont give you goose bumbs either but it is interesting anyways.

Years back when I was in the military I met this hot army chick in the enlisted club. Well we went back to her place and I spent the night. The next morning we are just bullshitting around and she pulls out this ouija board and asks if I want to play. "Ummmmm... sure," I say... Of course I felt this was all bullshit and I just wanted to be amused with how lame it really is - a laugh at her expense I guess.

Anyways, she goes into this whole song and dance about the spirit that lives in her barrack room an how he's a good spirit so there wasn't anything to worry about. "Okayyyyyyy...," I wonder if she saw me rolling my eyes? :cool:

But to make a long story short, I decided to test "it". Remember, I just met this chick the previous night. So to test "it" out I decided to ask "it" my cell phone number. The little pointer thing went straight to "0"...

Now I know about the subconscious mind and all that stuff so I was very cautious not to minipulate the pointer in any way. She tells me that "it" only went to "0" 'cause it was either confused or being payful - whatever... She told "it" to be serious now and I'll be damned if the thing didn't proceed to give out my number to this chick! :eek:

Oh well, more happened but that is what freaked me out the most. The end :rolleyes:

By my not being a paleontologist does it malign the point?
Houses,cars, steriods. <-------HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FAITH!
THEY ALL EXIST!
Spoons? I brought five "spoons" with me onto a beach with two other assault teams in a failed attempt to take over what was suppose to be a lightly fortified airport. Does it count if the "spoons" are conected to grenades? I have lived through some of the "information you see on cable".
How dare you speak to me about what I have to be proud of ! I put my ass on the line for the vary freedoms you enjoy ya son of a bitch. My shit is more HONORABLE than you! Ive seen young men find GOD and start yelling for thier mothers in the middle of fire fights. I guess it was God telling them to turn into a quivering ball. It couldn't of had anything to do with psychology and failure under stress? I'm truly glad you have no idea of my realities. AS OTH: pointed out. Without having seen it it maynot exist for you. You guys hear spirits rattling chains in the attic? I 'm glad you can't hear what I hear. What HAUNTS me! AT NIGHT.
DON'T tell me how I view you and DON'T ask who I am to share my views on this subject.

"What have you ever proved" I have proved that shit does stain underwear.

HOLD IT! I'M GETTING A MESSAGE! Loader ,LOADER "I'm a spirit person, don't resond to this guy again" OK spirit person!
Without having read your entire reply I meant to apologize. I felt bad after writing that waiting in line at bank thinking how I'm talking about spirituality and then trying to retaliate for something not directed at me. I guess I took your tone as offensive. I apologize, regardless of what you might have said in your reply, that's irrelevant.

Sorry to lash out with sarcasm.

Peace.

The very definition of faith answers the question. YOU GUYS WANT TO BELIEVE IN ALLLLLLLL THIS CRAP WITH ABSOLUTEY NO PROOF TO SUBSTATIATE IT! Knock your socks off. This is not science,physics or any other credible,validating language. It's crap. Unfortunately, the same can be said for all GODs,Angels,Devils. You want to believe, BELIEVE!

Believe this! Dinasaurs were around 350 million years before God wipped us up and then made women from the rib of a man and all other life in TEN days.
Is there a reason this little oversight took place. NO mention in any bible about the LIZARDS THE SIZE OF BUILDINGS that had been walking the earth ten times longer than the humans. I would call them LIFE wouldn't you? I wood think they are a worthy mention wouldn't you?

And the world was NEVER flooded. FACT: water is one of those things that never goes away unlees it is fired out of the earths atmosphere. There isn't enough water on earth to flood it. PERIOD!

You can't pick and choose what to believe. You either buy into all this crap or you go down the plus or minus column and let the answer be determined by proven science.

I can see the value of beliving we are all going to be sitting around one day with pina coladas in our hands on gold laced clouds laughing about the good old days. I just don't like the odds.

You want to make me a believer in all this crap? How about that Irish sounding idiot that channels people into his body( "sperit person make a sound NOW") How about he channels Jimmy Hoffa and he tells us where to dig his ass up. Or Amelia Earhart............. you get it, RIGHT!

Really there is no more proof that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago than there is for God/spirits.

The bible says the flood waters came up from the earth. No one knows how much water is stored in the earth.

Not trying to change your mind, just saying scientific "fact" changes all the time. Ask any university professor how effective radiocarbon dating really is. We have radiocarbon dated turtles that just recently died as being 110,000 years old.

Whatever you believe these days requires faith. ESPECIALLY scientific "fact".

Really there is no more proof that dinosaurs existed millions of years ago than there is for God/spirits.

The bible says the flood waters came up from the earth. No one knows how much water is stored in the earth.

Not trying to change your mind, just saying scientific "fact" changes all the time. Ask any university professor how effective radiocarbon dating really is. We have radiocarbon dated turtles that just recently died as being 110,000 years old.

I somewhat agree. Philosophy has always been the father of all sciences for that very reason.

There's many scientists that believe the atmosphere was capable of holding more water earlier in Earth's history. Also, human footprints have been found in the same strata as dinosaur footprints - suggesting they lived side by side. I think one dating method, I think it is potassium-argon dating (?) is supposed to be more accurate? Although I think dating in general is potentially flawed due to geologic activity.

It really doesn't matter though because the scientific method as a whole is a good thing. It brought me the technology to be typing this right now. I don't remember any headlines that read, "Baptist Community Releases Laptop Computer" or "Vatican Unveils Microprocessor" or "Muslims Design New and Improved Space Shuttle".

I really liked what someone said about
6.8SPC said:
To the original topic, I believe spirits do exist as an electromagnetic "residue" of sorts, but have no consciousness or existence of their own. Much like a footprint that fades slowly over time.

This is something that maybe I could believe. If there are ghosts or spirits hanging around, then I could maybe believe the above - that possibly it's just some side-effect of space time and maybe some event or individual is seen repeatedly even after they're gone. That would not make the ghost or spirit a conscious entity though any more than a person's shadow. It's a resemblance of something conscious but that's all.

Spirits exist...Both evil and good...

WRONG!!!!!

What the hell are you talking about? You can hold dinosaur bones in your hands. There is proof positive physical evidence of there existance! Again, Gods,Devils,Angels NO BONES BRO! ABSOLUTELY <<<NO>>> PROOF THEY DID OR DO EXIST! NONE! If you want to believe the book and accept that there is a body of water the size of the Atlantic ocean inside planet earth KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! BELIEVE! But it just isn't so.
Your comment about asking any college professor.......... is a bunch of crap.
Radio carbon based dating is THE scientific standard for dating. PERIOD! The Catholic church accepted it when dating the shroud of David. NASA accepted it dating moon dust. Nothing is perfect and if a snafu happened dating your turtle it doesn't discredit the science. Just the tester.

"Whatever you believe these days requires faith. ESPECIALLY science "fact"."

Faith in a spoon? Faith in a barbell? Faith in a keyboard? GOOD GOD MAN take the time to look up what the word faith means. Science may have hyopothesiy's but nothing is accepted as fact until it is proven. Scientifically,physically proven "fact".

Tell ya what. You keep praying for world peace and people like me will be the instruments trying to answer them. More people have died in the name of relgion than all none relgious wars combined.

Again, when it's all said and done. I'm rooting for you and your ideas. There is ALOT of bros id like to buy a beer .

Last edited:
I somewhat agree. Philosophy has always been the father of all sciences for that very reason.

There's many scientists that believe the atmosphere was capable of holding more water earlier in Earth's history. Also, human footprints have been found in the same strata as dinosaur footprints - suggesting they lived side by side. I think one dating method, I think it is potassium-argon dating (?) is supposed to be more accurate? Although I think dating in general is potentially flawed due to geologic activity.

I really liked what someone said about

This is something that maybe I could believe. If there are ghosts or spirits hanging around, then I could maybe believe the above - that possibly it's just some side-effect of space time and maybe some event or individual is seen repeatedly even after they're gone. That would not make the ghost or spirit a conscious entity though any more than a person's shadow. It's a resemblance of something conscious but that's all.

There is NO scientists that can prove the planet has been covered with water. There is however absolute proof it never happened. The same way a desert has a consistant pattern of ripples from wind blowing over it. So should the planet have the same proof of massive drainage. Soil testing up the sides of the highest points of water saturation doesn't come close to covering the planet.
Saying that human foot prints may have been placed at the same time as a dinosaurs falls well short of explaining the 350million years they walked the earth prior to humans and the lack of mention in the 10 days of creation. The form of dating that you mentioned is not the scientific standard of dating. Radio carbon based dating is. It has a hit or miss of ( .1 )%. It's done with radiation. I can appreciate your skepticism. However, Carbon based dating is the scientific standard. You may feel more qualified to make decisions about the testing being flawed do to geologic activity than the rest of scientific community, Doctors,physicists,scientists,mathematicians and such. But when it comes to these issuse I choose to BELIEVE them.

Could someone step up and explain WHY the bible dates the earth and all life at ten thousand years old? DUDE to believe this you got to get out a flamethrower and just torch anything that even resembles scientific sense.

Your talking about "a side effect of space time"? Does this only happen with people or does it happen with roadkill opossums as well? Does the opossum have a conscious? How about bugs? Does it only happen to people because they have "souls". If there was an energy wouldn't this happen with most all electric devices? Refridgerators showing up in rooms that used to be kitchens? Holly shit that scares me! LOL

IMO: It's ok to be a God fearing person. I'm not trying to take this away from anybody here. Nor could I. You asked me If I believe? The answer is no.

I do believe in spirits because I have witnessed one 1st hand. Back in the 1990's I was dating a girl in fortwayne ind. I would drive the 1hr drive to see her when I was 16. Well one night she asked me if I wanted to see a ghost. I was totally skeptical but said yes. She told me as the legend has it, many years ago on this particular country road a young boy was hit and killed walking home by some drunk teenagers racing down this rd. The boy never returned so the amish father set out to look for the boy with a lantern. After he found his mangled son he was so traumatized that he commited suicide.
So if you drive down this long flat country rd at night and park your car the ghost lantern of the amish father will appear. Yea right I thought.
So we drove there with some friends at night and parked nothing. Complete darkness and a eerie quite surrounded by open pasture, cornfields and barbwire fences for miles. Then all of a sudden this silouette of a lantern appeard down the rd. It was glarring so bright and big i couldnt believe what I was seeing. The lite radiated brite then would flicker like a real lantern except it was huge and brite and would come really close, far away and high several feet in the air. It was spooky as hell! The wierd thing was that if you talked too loud it would dissapear and you would be lucky if it come back.
We went there several times over a period of a couple months and this spirit always appeared. I took several people and most were scared shitless!

There is NO scientists that can prove the planet has been covered with water. There is however absolute proof it never happened. The same way a desert has a consistant pattern of ripples from wind blowing over it. So should the planet have the same proof of massive drainage. Soil testing up the sides of the highest points of water saturation doesn't come close to covering the planet.
Saying that human foot prints may have been placed at the same time as a dinosaurs falls well short of explaining the 350million years they walked the earth prior to humans and the lack of mention in the 10 days of creation. The form of dating that you mentioned is not the scientific standard of dating. Radio carbon based dating is. It has a hit or miss of ( .1 )%. It's done with radiation. I can appreciate your skepticism. However, Carbon based dating is the scientific standard. You may feel more qualified to make decisions about the testing being flawed do to geologic activity than the rest of scientific community, Doctors,physicists,scientists,mathematicians and such. But when it comes to these issuse I choose to BELIEVE them.

Could someone step up and explain WHY the bible dates the earth and all life at ten thousand years old? DUDE to believe this you got to get out a flamethrower and just torch anything that even resembles scientific sense.

Your talking about "a side effect of space time"? Does this only happen with people or does it happen with roadkill opossums as well? Does the opossum have a conscious? How about bugs? Does it only happen to people because they have "souls". If there was an energy wouldn't this happen with most all electric devices? Refridgerators showing up in rooms that used to be kitchens? Holly shit that scares me! LOL

IMO: It's ok to be a God fearing person. I'm not trying to take this away from anybody here. Nor could I. You asked me If I believe? The answer is no.
LOL... I'm just grabbing for straws here but I'll step up. And concreteguy, there are many reputable scientists that not only support the idea of a deluge (flood) but insist that they have evidence to back it up as well and believe me, some of the data is pretty compelling. There is no absolute proof either way and to say so is stating an opinion as fact because both sides are still being debated. All I can say personally at this time is that I just don't know.

Anyway, here's what I know about dating.

Radioactive dating methods like you're talking about use things like uranium decaying into lead or potassium decaying into argon. The accuracy of any method of this sort depends on factors that are simply not predictable with accuracy.

1. The first assumption is that the argon or potassium present is the result of decay and not naturally occurring. But only 1% of the argon present is the result of decay.

2. The second assumption that I mentioned earlier is that the uranium or potassium has been there, in the rocks, in a closed system. A closed system would be required for accurate dating. The problem I see there is that the rocks or bones could be subject to contamination, evaporation, and other geologic activity that would skew results and over enough time likely were.

3. A third assumption is made which is also the worst. It assumes that decay rates do not vary when in fact they do. Cosmic radiation, magnetic pole reversals, and supernovae from nearby stars. Any of these could reset atomic clocks.

Okay, I had to look some of that up but being a skeptic, I question these dating methods as well and I'm just your average lay person with a subscription to Scientific American and some personal interest. The carbon dating method you're talking about is the most unreliable of all in fact, has proven inaccurate beyond 30,000 years and the Geochron Laboratory refuses to use it beyond 3000 years. To get a grasp of how broad the inaccuracies can be you can look at lunar rocks brought back from the moon by Apollo dated from 2 million (not billion) to 28 billion years (the moon is generally assumed to be ~4.5 billion years old). That's a pretty big range.

Remember, eager to prove a theory, scientists consistently disregard measurements that might prove their theory wrong and accept and publish results that support the theory.

I'm not saying yes, no, or maybe to any of this. I'm just trying to merely point out that if you're going to cling on to anything, whether you put your faith in science or something other than science, you need to use your wits to decide what you want to believe. My method has been to always read what science has to offer including opposing points of view and judge for myself who has the best argument. Unfortunately, some subjects are so complicated and so involved that I don't have time to explore them thoroughly enough.

That's why threads like this usually degrade because this is where science and faith collide and people take it very personally when you start throwing monkey wrenches in everything they hold on to as fact. It's very difficult for someone to say, "Wow. I was wrong all along. Thanks for that info!"

LOL... I'm just grabbing for straws here but I'll step up. And concreteguy, there are many reputable scientists that not only support the idea of a deluge (flood) but insist that they have evidence to back it up as well and believe me, some of the data is pretty compelling. There is no absolute proof either way and to say so is stating an opinion as fact because both sides are still being debated. All I can say personally at this time is that I just don't know.

Anyway, here's what I know about dating.

Radioactive dating methods like you're talking about use things like uranium decaying into lead or potassium decaying into argon. The accuracy of any method of this sort depends on factors that are simply not predictable with accuracy.

1. The first assumption is that the argon or potassium present is the result of decay and not naturally occurring. But only 1% of the argon present is the result of decay.

2. The second assumption that I mentioned earlier is that the uranium or potassium has been there, in the rocks, in a closed system. A closed system would be required for accurate dating. The problem I see there is that the rocks or bones could be subject to contamination, evaporation, and other geologic activity that would skew results and over enough time likely were.

3. A third assumption is made which is also the worst. It assumes that decay rates do not vary when in fact they do. Cosmic radiation, magnetic pole reversals, and supernovae from nearby stars. Any of these could reset atomic clocks.

Okay, I had to look some of that up but being a skeptic, I question these dating methods as well and I'm just your average lay person with a subscription to Scientific American and some personal interest. The carbon dating method you're talking about is the most unreliable of all in fact, has proven inaccurate beyond 30,000 years and the Geochron Laboratory refuses to use it beyond 3000 years. To get a grasp of how broad the inaccuracies can be you can look at lunar rocks brought back from the moon by Apollo dated from 2 million (not billion) to 28 billion years (the moon is generally assumed to be ~4.5 billion years old). That's a pretty big range.

Remember, eager to prove a theory, scientists consistently disregard measurements that might prove their theory wrong and accept and publish results that support the theory.

I'm not saying yes, no, or maybe to any of this. I'm just trying to merely point out that if you're going to cling on to anything, whether you put your faith in science or something other than science, you need to use your wits to decide what you want to believe. My method has been to always read what science has to offer including opposing points of view and judge for myself who has the best argument. Unfortunately, some subjects are so complicated and so involved that I don't have time to explore them thoroughly enough.

That's why threads like this usually degrade because this is where science and faith collide and people take it very personally when you start throwing monkey wrenches in everything they hold on to as fact. It's very difficult for someone to say, "Wow. I was wrong all along. Thanks for that info!"

Has anyone seen a blue goat around anywhere. I lost him at the nuclear science lab while I was trying to work out if he was in fact: A.) real and B.)how old he was. he bolted when i wanted his leg bone for carbon dating purposes. So if you see him please return to rightful owner.........That would be PHIL Hernon from this board, he created it!!! LOL:D

To get back to the topic question....NO I do not belive in spirits, UFOs, gods of any sort, ghosts, Bigfoot, anything supernatural, magic, aliens, anything superstitious, etc.

What the hell are you talking about? You can hold dinosaur bones in your hands. There is proof positive physical evidence of there existance! Again, Gods,Devils,Angels NO BONES BRO! ABSOLUTELY <<<NO>>> PROOF THEY DID OR DO EXIST! NONE! If you want to believe the book and accept that there is a body of water the size of the Atlantic ocean inside planet earth KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! BELIEVE! But it just isn't so.
Your comment about asking any college professor.......... is a bunch of crap.
Radio carbon based dating is THE scientific standard for dating. PERIOD! The Catholic church accepted it when dating the shroud of David. NASA accepted it dating moon dust. Nothing is perfect and if a snafu happened dating your turtle it doesn't discredit the science. Just the tester.

"Whatever you believe these days requires faith. ESPECIALLY science "fact"."

Faith in a spoon? Faith in a barbell? Faith in a keyboard? GOOD GOD MAN take the time to look up what the word faith means. Science may have hyopothesiy's but nothing is accepted as fact until it is proven. Scientifically,physically proven "fact".

Tell ya what. You keep praying for world peace and people like me will be the instruments trying to answer them. More people have died in the name of relgion than all none relgious wars combined.

Again, when it's all said and done. I'm rooting for you and your ideas. There is ALOT of bros id like to buy a beer .

You misunderstood man, i know dinosaurs exist. I'm just saying our timetable is messed up.

Science is buisness these days. They change the evidence to support the theory and stick with inacurate methods.

It should be the other way around.

Anyway on this subject all anyone has is their opinions. There is a wealth of scientific "evidence" to support both sides of the argument.

I think spirits exist, but not really in the same sense of most people. I don't believe them to be human in origin.

LOL... Anyway, here's what I know about dating.

Okay, I had to look some of that up but being a skeptic, I question these dating methods as well and I'm just your average lay person with a subscription to Scientific American and some personal interest. Remember, eager to prove a theory, scientists consistently disregard measurements that might prove their theory wrong and accept and publish results that support the theory.END QUOTE

Interesting point, "eager to prove a theory scientists". The religious rite has financed and backed the manufacturing of most if not all of the propaganda associated with defunkeding science/evolution. There is ZERO science that can prove evolution didn't happen.
As you point out. You can only be lead to water. No matter how qualified the doctor or scientist or their qualifications, you WILLN'T accept the fact that you must drink. You have to just read about it and try to make sense of it. I don't feel in my heart of hearts you really believe this stuff. I think your a smart guy with a propensity to be argumentative for the sake of entertainment. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

I'm not about to go around and around about carbon dating with ya. I'm not qualified.

In the end it's a gourney. We will ALL make the gourney. If believing in anything helps you along the way, more to ya!
Speaking of gourneys, I gotta run a few apples out back to my unicorn.
Have a good night! LOL

Last edited:
I don't feel in my heart of hearts you really believe this stuff. I think your a smart guy with a propensity to be argumentative for the sake of entertainment. Not a bad thing, just an observation.
Well I was on the debate team so I don't mind a debate. Keeps me sharp. You are correct though, it's as I said in my first post in this thread, you know, the one where I said I wasn't going to get involved? LOL

I tend to not believe. In fact, I tend to not believe in anything until I'm satisfied with the degree of truth but even then, I challenge myself constantly to alter my own point of view in light of new evidence or better explanation. I've actually done that very thing on a few occasions. My point is that I never want to be close-minded about any issue except those few issues of morality which, in my mind, are not open to debate. These are just a few personal beliefs, more specifically principles, which are the foundation upon which my life is constructed. Nothing Earth-shattering. Do not steal, do not lie, do not kill, etc., etc., etc. I think most people reading this share those same common modes of morality.

As far as ghosts and spirits are concerned, like I said, I hope they are real. I have never seen them and nothing in my life requires me to believe in them so I simple don't. But then again, I've never had deja-vu, i've never been afraid of the dark, I never was worried about a boogeyman, I never had an imaginary friend, or anything like that either so what can you say really? Does that make the people who have experienced these things different than me? I don't think so. I'd believe in them too if I could have an experience with one.

I make no judgment either way. I just don't believe in them. All these posts in this thread and I just as easily could have walked away after posting, "No. I don't think they do. Bye."

Well, believe in spirits or not one thing very refreshing has come out of a couple of threads lately. Very spirited debates. Between this one and Hadron Collider we are all talking about something that ios not dose related! LOL

Unless we are talking about blue goats on roids that walked into a black hole created by the Hadron Collider..........OMG we are all in trouble. :D

Seriously though, some excellent debate material here! Good stuff to everyone. Quite stimulating!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws