over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do You Count Calories?

Do You Count Calories?

• Total voters
I count calories when I have a cheat meal. I try to factor the bad stuff into the day as a whole so I know where to cut a few calories or fat grams.

no- don't count but strict- lots of protein and complex carbs, NO simple carbs(sugar, flour, eic.) works for 65 yr old lean ,energy. gym 3x week

Not when I'm bulking.

My metabolism is so high and my calorie requirements are so high that I need to stuff my face all the time.

Cutting I will, but I rarely cut seriously and always have visible abs even when I bulk.

do not agree at all

no- don't count but strict- lots of protein and complex carbs, NO simple carbs(sugar, flour, eic.) works for 65 yr old lean ,energy. gym 3x week

so far in many years in this game have not been able to tell difference in complex vs simple carbs.
i used to buy into the whole "complex carbs" thing for weight loss etc but from my experience i could never tell the difference as far as weightloss etc goes if macro ratio is right....
-JS

I just aim for clean food for the majority of the time, trying to eat lean meats, turkey, and cheese, along with shakes, but trying to keep away from sugars and such.

I don't compete or nuttin.....just wanna give the girls something nice to look at, LOL.

I use to count calories until I started running GH.

Now I can just eat whatever and stay lean, though you still have to be sensible with aiming for adequate carbs/protein.. eating fruit and meat all day I've really taken a liking to of late.

so far in many years in this game have not been able to tell difference in complex vs simple carbs.
i used to buy into the whole "complex carbs" thing for weight loss etc but from my experience i could never tell the difference as far as weightloss etc goes if macro ratio is right....
-JS

People ask me all the time, should I eat brown rice instead of white?....I always reply...in theroy,I guess..however, I prepped with both one year only brown and the following year only white....It made no difference. not to mention brown rice tastes like shit!
To the OP, I don't count cals, I have an idea where they are though...I focus on my macros.

People ask me all the time, should I eat brown rice instead of white?....I always reply...in theroy,I guess..however, I prepped with both one year only brown and the following year only white....It made no difference. not to mention brown rice tastes like shit!
To the OP, I don't count cals, I have an idea where they are though...I focus on my macros.
same here, i love white rice! i dieted down on only brown rice before and i can't tell a difference, sometimes very deep into my diet (last 3 weeks or so) i may sometimes switch to all brown rice but that is really just splitting hairs and habitual to me.

I really believe that the reason people/trainers suggest brown rice over white is because you're less likely to over-eat it because (like JCagle said) it tastes like shit. They're so close on the Glycemic Index and furthermore, the GI only matters if you're eating carbs w/o protein.

-JS

yes......as a matter of fact......over the years
i tend to get LEANER with the use of fruits as a prep
carb source.....i dont know why, maybe its used in a faster
fashion than complex\stachy carbs....

the only difference i can see is if too much sodium
is takin with either one...... simple or complex

i tend to be a water buffalo

:cool:

I really believe that the reason people/trainers suggest brown rice over white is because you're less likely to over-eat it because (like JCagle said) it tastes like shit. They're so close on the Glycemic Index and furthermore, the GI only matters if you're eating carbs w/o protein.

I dunno... I kinda like the taste but maybe I'm weird. :p I've noticed I have a little more energy if I eat it pre workout too.

I'm like a lot of other guys here. I'll guestimate how much I'm eating but I'm not gonna waste my time half the day weighing shit. Bulking season I just eat a crapload of chicken breast and fish to the point that I feel full almost all day... lol.

I dunno... I kinda like the taste but maybe I'm weird. :p I've noticed I have a little more energy if I eat it pre workout too.

I'm like a lot of other guys here. I'll guestimate how much I'm eating but I'm not gonna waste my time half the day weighing shit. Bulking season I just eat a crapload of chicken breast and fish to the point that I feel full almost all day... lol.

Be carful with that. I weigh my food offseason as well. It's habit now. It's still a good thing to do. I am a good judge of portion size, but sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Goes along the same lines of dictating your offseason by reaching a goal weight. If you know what your weight is at your leanest, it's good to watch your weight. But I have set offseason goals by a target weight and got nothing but fat by doing it. If you have a good food scale.... You won't waste your whole day " weighing shit" lol.

Bboy

What are thoughts on fruit...havent really noticed a difference but feel guilty eating fruit...

Really?:eek:Your body has been fasting all night. We all argree that you grow or maintain by eating. Right? So why would you skip any meal? If your prepping, ok, delay breakfast to get in fasted cardio but that's it. Hit some bcaa during that session, then go straight to eating.

I can't be bothered to get into the details, too much work. lol

I'll track the protein but thats about it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear