over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do You Count Calories?

Do You Count Calories?

• Total voters
Really?:eek:Your body has been fasting all night. We all argree that you grow or maintain by eating. Right? So why would you skip any meal? If your prepping, ok, delay breakfast to get in fasted cardio but that's it. Hit some bcaa during that session, then go straight to eating.

As long as you hit your total macros for the day, it doesnt really matter when you eat. There are multiple studies showing this. Fasting has its benefits as well as its drawbacks. Might not be the best for adding muscle or on a bulk but it has its place. Most bodybuilders are just stuck in the idea that your body becomes catabolic after no food for 4+ hours.

As long as you hit your total macros for the day, it doesnt really matter when you eat. There are multiple studies showing this. Fasting has its benefits as well as its drawbacks. Might not be the best for adding muscle or on a bulk but it has its place. Most bodybuilders are just stuck in the idea that your body becomes catabolic after no food for 4+ hours.

So if I am not hungry all day until the evening and I eat 300g protein,300carbs and 100g fats ( my daily macros) that's all that matters? I'm not sure about studies. I can only vouche for myself. I listen to my body and eat when hungry... It could be an hour after my last meal or up to four hours. To me this is a sign that my body is using up this fuel (metabolism is cranking.) instead of storing it in places I don't want it to be stored.

So if I am not hungry all day until the evening and I eat 300g protein,300carbs and 100g fats ( my daily macros) that's all that matters? I'm not sure about studies. I can only vouche for myself. I listen to my body and eat when hungry... It could be an hour after my last meal or up to four hours. To me this is a sign that my body is using up this fuel (metabolism is cranking.) instead of storing it in places I don't want it to be stored.

Whatever works for you. There's more than one way to skin a cat. You can get hard and lean with 6-8 meals based on when you are hungry and 1-3 meals. Both ways work, but it is whatever works for you. I have changed a lot of my bodybuilding dogma's after reading studies on just what the human body can do. Guys like Layne Norton, Lyle McDonald, Alan Argon, etc are all top nutrition experts that are constantly proving or disproving myths in the nutrition world.

Whatever works for you. There's more than one way to skin a cat. You can get hard and lean with 6-8 meals based on when you are hungry and 1-3 meals. Both ways work, but it is whatever works for you. I have changed a lot of my bodybuilding dogma's after reading studies on just what the human body can do. Guys like Layne Norton, Lyle McDonald, Alan Argon, etc are all top nutrition experts that are constantly proving or disproving myths in the nutrition world.

I think we are talking on two separate planes here. Your talking about getting lean and hard and I am talking about putting on size while staying reasonably lean. Your right though. There is always more than one way to skin a cat. Everyone responds differently.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws