over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you eat shit?

"I see guys in prep saying its their cheat day and eat shit all day long to "spike their metabolism"? WTF?!?!"

thats very true. a lot of people (myself included) rationalize eating pure shit sometimes by saying that. its a bad habit.

I mean sometimes I'll have a total crap meal like mcdonalds and ice cream after, but i'm not fooling myself by saying this is gonna spike my metabolism. If anything its just a psychological boost - i'll eat this and then be clean the rest of the week. or vise-versa, I'll be good all week and then go out to dinner and eat whatever I want just once.

bump.

I see so many threads on eating junk I thought I'd bump this for some good discussion that was in it.

I have been eating clean for so long that I almost feel sick if I eat junk food. I prepare all my food for the day in advance. My diet is part of my routine just like my workout.

Why would you want to eat all that junk food even if you are "bulking". You still have to burn all that off eventually. It is much easier to stay in shape if you remove "bulking" from your vocabulary and stick with a clean high protein diet (remember your ratios).

That is just my 2 cents.

WildBB

I have been eating clean for so long that I almost feel sick if I eat junk food. I prepare all my food for the day in advance. My diet is part of my routine just like my workout.

Why would you want to eat all that junk food even if you are "bulking". You still have to burn all that off eventually. It is much easier to stay in shape if you remove "bulking" from your vocabulary and stick with a clean high protein diet (remember your ratios).

That is just my 2 cents.

WildBB

I second that. I got of my clean diet in vegas 3 days, feel like crap for it.

I second that. I got of my clean diet in vegas 3 days, feel like crap for it.

vegas has to be one of the worst places to attempt to eat clean. There is far to many all you can eat buffets for me to pass up.

great thread BTW

12 donuts and a Sprite for breakfast would fuck with my blood sugar so bad, I would be really to kill somebody in 1 hour. I don't see how he could eat that all crap and feel even remotely good. I don't understand the point either. At least throw some decent food in there and if you want a piece of cheesecake or pizza offseason, have at it. Maybe this is the result of a bodybuilder's obsessive nature? To go to the polar opposite of a healthy diet when not necessary?

I think alot of these bad habits were formed when we were high-school athletes, trying to add weight even when we were in season.

until recently i was always involved in athletics in addition to lifting, and did have to take in alot of carbs to stay in a positive energy balance. when i switched to just lifting, my caloric needs were greatly reduced. it took a while for me to realize that i would not overtrain without all the added cals.

also the whole mass mentality is largely responsible for crap eating. on a football roster they list a lineman's bodyweight, not his bodyfat percentage.

This offseason I decided to try something new,than I was doing last 5 years. Lately when trying to put on mass,I was eating high carbs,high protein and very low fat diet,something like- 500-600g C 400-450g P and fat form chicken breast,oatmeal,couple egg yolks. Well I grew very well on that diet,but most of that gains was water and fat weight. always felt bloated,sluggish,always had to force feed myself-i felt like crap on that diet. this offseason I switched to moderate (no more than 300-350g) protein,low-moderate (250-300g) carbs and much higher fats (about 130-150) and firstly-i feel great,have much more energy in the gym and outside it and what i most important for me as a bodybuilder- I'm slowly gaining weight and looking much better,bigger and fuller (even with lower weight) than in previously's offseasons. I basically eat the same 6 meals through the day-about 50g protein,30-50g carbs,15-25g fat, meal before bad also includes carbs and fats and even i woke up in the night and have a little bit carbs fats and protein. I'm enjoying eating again,because I'm hungry before every meal and it is more enjoyable to have protein shake with moderate amount of oatmeal and peanut butter,than huge bowl of plain oatmeal or chicken with rice and olive oil than chicken with just rice. So basically I'm listening to my body now, not just putting in the number of calories.
Bodybuilders don't need a lot of carbs,they don't have where to burn it (as marathon runners of swimmers for example),more important in building muscle mass are protein and essential fats and carbs only for energy

The only sensible thought that occured to me as I read this from forever ago til this afternoon was did you really believe he ate all that shit everyday?
C'mon man, I'm a bit dissapointed if you or anyone actually believed that.:confused:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws