over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you ever just want to give up?

intensed

Registered
Today I injured myself again in the gym. 4 years before I tore my pec and I'm fearing I tore my other side. I'm not sure I can handle the surgery and recovery time again, it might be easier just to throw in the towel. I ask myself why do I keep pushing myself to the limit each day? The answer I know, I love it.. But I'm not sure my body can withstand the punishment anymore. I have a competitive attitude so it ends up eventually pushing myself to the max. Every week I have knots in my stomach knowing this might be my last big lift, knowing a injury is around the corner. Once you have been injured big time you know how fragile the body is and how quick a injury can change your life. With my experience it seems like I take 5 steps forward and end up taking 8 steps backwards. I need to find a happy medium and be content with my body and not having the need be the huge. Why can't i settle with the athletic look. The problem I know, I can't stand feeling small, and not pushing big weights. The scary thought that I'm struggling with is people are easy to think less of you. You have been above average size and soon as you loose it everyone is quick to point it out. This past year I have already gone through heart issues and have dropped 35lbs and even family members are quick to let you know how much smaller you look. I'm only 30 years of age. When I was a teen I had big inspirations as most of you to be truly something in the sport, but have come to realize I do not have the genetics to bring a damn thing to the table. So why? I feel completely defeated today and that's not something in my vocab.

Thanks for letting me Vent... I guess this is a big transition in my life. and I must choose health.. But why is it so hard? One would think its a no branier. I must be truly screwed..

I feel you my brotha! It seems like our bodies are just fighting us and tears and strains are so fucking ridiculous and annoying! But there are ways to train smartly and intensely! ALL OUT heavy weight isn't always the way! Lift smart, lift right, lift to stay healthy and don't hurt yourself....unless your on GH of course and tendons and ligaments can take it! haha lol

Wish I had given up

I kept pushing myself year after year, trying my luck with all sorts of AAS and other agents trying to grow larger and larger each year. I pushed until I couldnt push anymore, I had a heart attack. Three years ago my life changed and now bodybuilding has taken a backseat to life and is no more than supplement to my lifestyle. It used to be in the center of everything, controlling most of my daily planning to the point where I really feel like I shorted myself of some life experiences. Now I am much more casual about it and cannot push like I used to or otherwise I would end up in the ICU at the hospital again in dire straits.
Take it easy now and back off some. I was only 38 when I had my heart attack and you say youre only 30 and have had some heart issues. Keep pusing and youll end up with a defibrillator implanted on your chest just like I have.

I appreciate a response from someone that has gone threw hardship in the game. I'm not sure what happened to my heart. I ended up in the emergency room and they hooked me up to the defibrillator and said your about ready to have a heart attack. 4 days later in ICU they said I had enlarge heart and valves look bad. I just checked myself out and followed up later. They labeled me with a athletes heart. They were not sure what to think.. More questions than answers. Told me just to take it easy. One doctor told me it was the HGH. I take a decent amount of gear.. My love is Test and EQ. I usually take 1 gram of test and 750 of eq year around. I don't experiment too much. 6 months before the heart problem I started hgh blue tops from china.. I was doing 5iu each day.. First time using hgh

I kept pushing myself year after year, trying my luck with all sorts of AAS and other agents trying to grow larger and larger each year. I pushed until I couldnt push anymore, I had a heart attack. Three years ago my life changed and now bodybuilding has taken a backseat to life and is no more than supplement to my lifestyle. It used to be in the center of everything, controlling most of my daily planning to the point where I really feel like I shorted myself of some life experiences. Now I am much more casual about it and cannot push like I used to or otherwise I would end up in the ICU at the hospital again in dire straits.
Take it easy now and back off some. I was only 38 when I had my heart attack and you say youre only 30 and have had some heart issues. Keep pusing and youll end up with a defibrillator implanted on your chest just like I have.

I appreciate a response from someone that has gone threw hardship in the game. I'm not sure what happened to my heart. I ended up in the emergency room and they hooked me up to the defibrillator and said your about ready to have a heart attack. 4 days later in ICU they said I had enlarge heart and valves look bad. I just checked myself out and followed up later. They labeled me with a athletes heart. They were not sure what to think.. More questions than answers. Told me just to take it easy. One doctor told me it was the HGH. I take a decent amount of gear.. My love is Test and EQ. I usually take 1 gram of test and 750 of eq year around. I don't experiment too much. 6 months before the heart problem I started hgh blue tops from china.. I was doing 5iu each day.. First time using hgh

My heart attack was caused by a blood clot. Years before that though I was just like you and had cardiomyopathy. They had no idea what caused it, but I had an enlarged heart and my ejection fraction was down to about 35%. I got off AAS for about 9 months or so and my ejction fraaction got up to 55% which is about normal. Of course I went back on AAS again because I was never happy with my size and muscularity. I kept on pushin the envelope. Dont do the same yourself.

I rarely post here anymore but I will say this........

Be level headed in this endeavor. It's rare to find someone that really is. This is supposed to enrich your life, not take away from it. The moment it does, it might be time to look at why you are doing this. I know nobody likes to think that they are not as successful at bodybuilding as they have made it up in their head that they can be...if that made any sense. I'm all for having goals and going after them, but they should be specific to your genetic capabilities. If your body is sending you signals to pump the breaks, pump the damn breaks.

Today I injured myself again in the gym. 4 years before I tore my pec and I'm fearing I tore my other side. I'm not sure I can handle the surgery and recovery time again, it might be easier just to throw in the towel. I ask myself why do I keep pushing myself to the limit each day? The answer I know, I love it.. But I'm not sure my body can withstand the punishment anymore. I have a competitive attitude so it ends up eventually pushing myself to the max. Every week I have knots in my stomach knowing this might be my last big lift, knowing a injury is around the corner. Once you have been injured big time you know how fragile the body is and how quick a injury can change your life. With my experience it seems like I take 5 steps forward and end up taking 8 steps backwards. I need to find a happy medium and be content with my body and not having the need be the huge. Why can't i settle with the athletic look. The problem I know, I can't stand feeling small, and not pushing big weights. The scary thought that I'm struggling with is people are easy to think less of you. You have been above average size and soon as you loose it everyone is quick to point it out. This past year I have already gone through heart issues and have dropped 35lbs and even family members are quick to let you know how much smaller you look. I'm only 30 years of age. When I was a teen I had big inspirations as most of you to be truly something in the sport, but have come to realize I do not have the genetics to bring a damn thing to the table. So why? I feel completely defeated today and that's not something in my vocab.

Thanks for letting me Vent... I guess this is a big transition in my life. and I must choose health.. But why is it so hard? One would think its a no branier. I must be truly screwed..

Hey man, i feel for you bro seriously, and i think at one point or another EVERY bodybuilder goes through this no matter how much they dont like to admit it, it becomes an addiction, it takes over life. And you can become unbelievably selfish and just see things from your eyes no one elses.

Many times you want to give up because your body is telling you to, but your mind will not let you. I recently just finished comp and although i NEW i needed a rest, i god damn didnt take one...i couldnt...literally i could not let myself rest for a day after 16 weeks of hardcore dieting.....

I now look back and think "fool" a few days of training is not going to kill me.

I think you have to find the right balance, and whilst pushing hard for continuous results, find the happy medium, were you can enjoy life, and bodybuilding is just part of it...not the whole of it.

It was good to read your experience bro, and i wish all the best for you in the future...i do believe though we all go through this...its just about finding that happy balance, between life/work/family & bodybuilding :)

I tore a pec 3 years ago, never got it fixed, but looking into doing it this fall, even though lot of time passed. I tore it on flat bench under 385 on the 4th or 5th rep. Since then I haven't pushed more than 225 on flat. I've lost no size. You just have to get over the mental need for heavy weights, easier said than done.

A year ago I had a bilateral quad tendon rupture from squatting, which landed me in the hospital and reparative surgery the next day, then full casts for 7 weeks. My thighs were always a little over sized compared to rest of me, now a little undersized. I'm 44 and coming to the conclusion I'll never compete again, even though I was in no danger of ever doing anything better than maybe the state level, I still had aspirations of continuing that into my 50's just as a hobby, and if nothing else looking remarkably better than about 98% of the average guys out there, even half my age. You just have to slowly come to that realization that you can't keep up the balls to the wall training forever, and find other things to fill that need. So, now I'm working on getting my golf handicap back to 0 or below.

I tore my left bicep completely in August 2008. Surgery wasn`t an option, as my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier in the year, couldn`t afford to take off work to have it repaired. I figured, Hell, if I have to work, then I sure as Hell am not gonna quit training. Wrapped it up, never missed a training session, just couldn`t work bis. Not saying it was the smartest thing to do, but I simply refuse to give in. Janurary 2010, tore outer head of right bicep, same story. I did have a day or two when I thought about quitting, but had worked too hard to throw in the towel. It was a bitter pill to swallow looking at 2 fucked up arms, but things could be worse. Glad I didn`t give in, because I look better now than in my entire life, will be 50 in October. Had to change my training philosophy, stopped training so heavy. Hired Alex Azarian this year, he has taken me to a new level and I am extremely thankful. Bottom line, don`t give in, just adapt and progress in a new direction. Just my opinion.

Best of luck,

Mike aka Lycan

I'm not going to coddle you bro. As frustrating as this might seem to you, I've known plenty of people who manage to work through much more serious an injury, and without the negativity.

Just to put it into perspective, go visit a VA hospital rehabilitation unit.

You'll never let a little thing like this faze you ever again.

Well....

We all have choices to make....
And
We usually know when making a good decision or a bad decision. We all have our reasons: excuses or solutions, which ever- it’s a still choice.

Take some time. Think things over. Make a decision that you can live with now and in 10 years.

I went through a pec repair, I believe 6 years ago. It was quite a setback. I thought I might be done. However it was important that I set a good example for my young sons. I worked through it. I learned from my mistakes. My young men are confident they can accomplish anything now, just like the old man...

My surgeon was excellent...You can see the small hole in my pec in this picture... It didn't stop me from taking first in my masters class at the Ecup this year...
Just saying...

Attachments

• sidechest.jpg
    sidechest.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 269
We all have choices to make....
And
We usually know when making a good decision or a bad decision. We all have our reasons: excuses or solutions, which ever- it’s a still choice.

Wise words!!!!

:headbang:

Intensed, you are just dealing with what we all face at some point in this sport. Our enthusiasm, determination and drive can be a two edged sword. It can take us to a new level. It can also bring injuries and real harm to our bodies. Take a step back and reevaluate your approach. Think quality, not quantity. You don’t have to constantly walk the knife to look great. You love lifting? You still want to be in the gym in 5, 10, 20 years from now? In your gut, if you keep doing what you are doing, do you think that’s going to happen? What if your body ends up so damaged you can't be in the gym at all anymore? How do you think you will feel then? Think the big picture. Think long-term. Then, somewhere down the road, you can look back and say, “I have had some fun and I am still looking great”. Not, “I screwed myself”.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws