over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do you guy think that the drug companys

patrick05

Registered
do you guys think that the drug companys

Do you guys ever think the that the drug company's already have the cure for most illnesses in the world but they make so much money off the sick people they would never come out with the cure because of the billions they make off the ill people?

Last edited:
Id hope not BUT as money driven and corrupt as society has become, I wouldnt be surprised , unfortunately.

yes, ive worked in that industry for 10 years...maybe not the cure finalized ready to go, but they have it damn close...then again maybe im paranoid

do you ever find it funny that you have to take one pill to offset the effects of another only to see they are made by the same company or a subsidiary of said company....makes you wonder

Do you guy ever think the that the drug company's already have the cure for most illnesses in the world but they make so much money off the sick people they would never come out with the cure because of the billions they make off the ill people?
Quite a conspiracy theory. Unfortunately no. The ultra wealthy would pay billions for life. I believe our scientific community does what it can with the technology and resources they have of today to do what they can.

same as mmowry...it wouldnt surprise me its all speculation now...but if it came out that it was true id be furious especially watching my mom die at 19 from cancer knowing i couldnt do anything...it would make life a lot less stressfull as well

Quite a conspiracy theory. Unfortunately no. The ultra wealthy would pay billions for life. I believe our scientific community does what it can with the technology and resources they have of today to do what they can.

But the ultra wealthy would only contribute a small percentage of what maintenance medicine brings in. Im sure that the wealthy have access to alternatives than I dont with my meager medical insurance.

But the ultra wealthy would only contribute a small percentage of what maintenance medicine brings in. Im sure that the wealthy have access to alternatives than I dont with my meager medical insurance.

My condolences, I too lost a parent (my father) to cancer,my grandfather also its a VERY painful experience walking them through their last days.

Magic Johnson still alive and better than ever...cant knock him...successful business man too....money, fame, power, HIV....never has a bad day...most patients ive sent on the retrovirals have bad weeks...he always seems better than ever...

i believe the scientific community does have our best interests in mind. unfortunately, they have no say over what drugs make it to the public, thats left up to pharma companies and their lobbyists. and i doubt they care about anything more than making the max amount of profit regardless of public health and benefit.

and i believe its those same pharma lobbyists (working through our gov officials) that have blocked stem cell research from progressing in the states in the name of it being unethical. of course they couldnt care less about the morality of it all, they just know that it could potentially cost them $$$.

Last edited:
People mistakenly believe if you are wealthy then you somehow buy a magic cure for a disease and that is simply not true. Usually a cure or a potential cure is usually something that has already been around for years, used for something else and it very cheap and not patentable. It takes plenty of research to find a cure or at least something that can possibly put you in remission and with the internet it makes things easier to find although you have to weed thru the BS to find it.

not to sound like a dick, but discussworldissues.com

this topic is one of those things...

seems unbelievable we can send a man to the moon and back, but we cant cure diabetes.

then again, doesn't Firestone or Goodyear allegedly have the plans and patent to a tire that will last for 250,000 miles??

There's more money in long term treatment than in prevention or cure. We have many wonderful meds to treat chronic conditions for years...
Enough said!

NO

Much of the best research is conducted at universities. Most research done at universities is for scientific publication. I doubt the drug companies could silence so many MSc and PhD students. I am a PhD student and I have can speak first hand how this is not the case. I have all of the funding I could ever need for my research, and I am publishing it publicly. The problem is that sadly most diseases are just insanely complicated. For PhD students its all about the honor. By conducting the best research you are basically showing the world you are #1.

The FDA made tryptophan prescription only I believe some time ago. And the active ingredient in Red Yeast Rice has now been taken off the shelf by the FDA because it works so well.

If you follow the money trail in this world you will find alot of answers to your questions. There is no money in prevention and cures. Pharmaceutical and Medical industries are a racket and they are controlled by bigger criminals than the more conventional rackets like illegal gambling, prostitution, illicit drugs.

The biggest and most powerful criminals are the international bankers who control the racket of printing US dollars, they are running the biggest counterfeit racket in the world and a theft by inflation racket. How big is the US debt?? The US is in debt to these criminals to the tune of trillions.

Have you ever seen the pharmaceutical reps "whoring" their products in the doctors offices? Kind of a sad sight but, its business and alot of times honor is not present in big business!

POSSIBLE HIV CURE

Researchers report possible HIV infection cure; others cite dangers - CNN.com

Researchers report possible HIV infection cure; others cite dangers
By Tom Watkins, CNN
December 14, 2010 10:46 p.m. EST

* A Berlin man has been off anti-AIDS medication for 3-1/2 years
* But the stem-cell transplant credited for ridding him of HIV is costly, dangerous
* "This is probably a cure, but it comes at a bit of a price," says one AIDS doctor

(CNN) -- Researchers in Germany are reporting that they may have cured a man of HIV infection. If true, that would represent a scientific advance, but not necessarily a treatment advance, said researchers familiar with the work.

In the study, published last week online in the journal Blood, researchers at Charite-University Medicine Berlin treated an HIV-infected man who also had acute myeloid leukemia -- a cancer of the immune system -- by wiping out his own immune system with high-dose chemotherapy and radiation and giving him a stem-cell transplant. Stem cells are immature cells that can mature into blood cells.

At the time of the transplant, which occurred in February 2007, he stopped taking anti-HIV medications.

Thirteen months later, after a relapse of the leukemia, he underwent a second round of treatment followed by another stem-cell transplant from the same donor.

The donor's stem cells contained a rare, inherited gene mutation that made them naturally resistant to infection with HIV, according to the authors, led by Kristina Allers, who hypothesized that HIV would nevertheless rebound over time. But that has not happened.

After three-and-a-half years off of anti-HIV drugs, the patient shows no sign of either leukemia or HIV replication and his immune system has been restored to normal health, the researchers reported, concluding, "our results strongly suggest that cure of HIV has been achieved in this patient."

But AIDS researchers predicted the report will have little impact on practice.

"This probably is a cure, but it comes at a bit of a price," said Dr. Michael Saag, professor of medicine and director of the University of Alabama at Birmingham AIDS Center.

"For him to receive the donor cells, his body had to have all of his immune system wiped out" and then receive a bone marrow transplant, Saag noted. "The Catch-22 here is that the best candidates for a cure, ideally, are people who are healthy" and don't have leukemia.

The treatment associated with wiping out the immune system "is very hazardous," he said in a telephone interview.

"Even if somebody doesn't die from a transplant, there are complications that make it very unpleasant for people to live with," he said, citing graft-versus-host disease, where the infused donor cells attack the body. In a number of cases, the transplant proves fatal.

The study is a proof of the concept "that our understanding of HIV biology is correct, and that if you eliminate -- not just in theory but in practice -- all of the cells in the body that are producing HIV and replace them with uninfected cells, you have a cure," Saag said.

But remaining infected with HIV is not always associated with the same grim outcome that was the norm prior to the mid-1990s, when more effective anti-HIV drugs were developed, he said.

"We can keep people alive for a normal life span," he said. "That means a 25-year-old diagnosed today with HIV has a reasonably good chance of living to 80, 85, 90."

Further limiting the treatment's potential appeal is the fact that it could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for each patient who gets it, he said.

"It's not going to be applicable unless they develop leukemia or lymphoma and need a bone-marrow transplant,"Saag said.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, called it impractical. "It's hard enough to get a good compatible match for a transplant like this," he said in a statement. "But you also have to find (a) compatible donor that has this genetic defect, and this defect is only found in 1% of the Caucasian population and 0% of the black population. This is very rare."

But HIV itself is not. According to the World Health Organization, 33.4 million people worldwide have the virus that causes AIDS.

A lot of drug companies fund their lobby to fight stem cell research, because of the many things they can fix, the first one will be hair loss, and that's big business for these guys.

some of the powerful have gone on record saying the population of the earth should be trimmed to less than 1 billion. if there are cures for many of the world's diseases you won't ever see them.

Much of the best research is conducted at universities. Most research done at universities is for scientific publication. I doubt the drug companies could silence so many MSc and PhD students. I am a PhD student and I have can speak first hand how this is not the case. I have all of the funding I could ever need for my research, and I am publishing it publicly. The problem is that sadly most diseases are just insanely complicated. For PhD students its all about the honor. By conducting the best research you are basically showing the world you are #1.

LOL!!! Who do you think is behind most of the funding of the research at the universities? Big Pharma! In fact a very high percentage of the people with power at the universities are on the boards of the pharmaceutical companies and collect hefty paychecks from them. Now tell me that the research isn't biased.

I have been the in the medical professions for a couple decades and my wife as well. Anyone that truly understands the system will concur that it is a political system and a business with actual healthcare and quality of care being at the bottom of the priority list. Its not a conspiracy theory; its just plain corrupt and wrong; money talks(sort of like how you can goto circle K and buy cigarettes which are 100% known to be an addictive killer drug and ironically the government makes a percentage of each sale through a tax). As dieselbuilder said this debate belongs on discussworldissues.com

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws