over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you guys deload or take a week off?

machomadness22

Registered
I’m curious to know a bit on what you guys do these days I’m a little bit out of the loop as far as deloading etc in the past I have always just taken a week off while 1 week post cycle or for training hard after 16 weeks. Looked up some stuff and it was a little outdated anyways also what’s calorie intake like if deloading. Thanks bros!!!

I don't. I just use natural breaks (travel, illness, etc) as needed. I also train higher volume approach so I don't feel that my CNS gets overloaded like someone who trains strictly progressive overload.

I don't. I adjust my training schedule through the year to promote recovery. At my biggest and strongest for the year I only train every other day.
Definitely thought of this just been in a ton of pain at the end of my cycle always took a week off thanks for Chiming in always enjoy your responses

I do. I try to build in deload weeks where I just do some casual cardio and perhaps fuxk around in the gym trying new machines. Honestly, I cannot tell a difference if I deload or if I just keep plugging along. That leads me to an entire related topic that I might start a new thread for.

I don't. I just use natural breaks (travel, illness, etc) as needed. I also train higher volume approach so I don't feel that my CNS gets overloaded like someone who trains strictly progressive overload.
Yeah it’s been an aggressive 12 weeks
For me

I do. I try to build in deload weeks where I just do some casual cardio and perhaps fuxk around in the gym trying new machines. Honestly, I cannot tell a difference if I deload or if I just keep plugging along. That leads me to an entire related topic that I might start a new thread for.
That’s kind of the approach I was looking at doing honestly

I take a few days off once in awhile. My body thanks me.

4 weeks all out 1 week deload. Deload for me is hit the gym twice that week, not a week off. If I got better sleep and job wasn't stressful and didn't do cardio 6x week l I'd probably do 6 hard then 1 deload

Deloads are used in powerlifting to dissipate built up fatigue. To push adaptation in advanced individuals, fatigue must be pushed beyond your current level of recovery….and this masks “fitness”. During a taper and/or deload we want fatigue to drop below recovery ability so we can “realize” our new abilities.

Example, block 1 we push fatigue up and fitness falls. There’s no way we could hit a PR deadlift 5 rep max. So block two we lower volume, start pulling higher weights, maybe focus on hitting a 5RM, s week later hitting a 3rm, and maybe a top double. Fitness is high, fatigue is low. Adaptation is minimal, but we can get good at moving heavy things.

We slowly add volume back in, to drive adaptation and fitness falls again, we are not setting PRs, we just punching the clock, accumulating work, so we can realize it again in 4-6 weeks

I’m bodybuilding it’s kinda the same, except some CAN walk the line of putting in enough work, recovering slightly about fatigue before the next session. But I believe this isn’t as effective as having structured time periods of slight overtraining and then recovery weeks

I don't. I adjust my training schedule through the year to promote recovery. At my biggest and strongest for the year I only train every other day.

This is very effective for me also. Say on a push/pull/legs.

Wk1: 3x a week
Wk2: 4x a week
Wk3: 5x a week
Wk4: 5x a week
Wk5: 5x a week
Repeat

I’m curious to know a bit on what you guys do these days I’m a little bit out of the loop as far as deloading etc in the past I have always just taken a week off while 1 week post cycle or for training hard after 16 weeks. Looked up some stuff and it was a little outdated anyways also what’s calorie intake like if deloading. Thanks bros!!!
Yes, a full week off (or cardio only). It's essential to do so sometimes. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so.

Deloads are for little bitches.

Just kidding I’m falling apart, I absolutely have to take time off training, sadly enough.

Same, fuckin getting old sucks

Just don't be like me...I was deloading, which turns into almost no gym for two months; pizza and a bucket of fried chicken every night, donuts, etc. Putting on some serious body fat

Im literally talking to myself here, please disregard this post as there's really no point to it, whatsoever

Same, fuckin getting old sucks

Just don't be like me...I was deloading, which turns into almost no gym for two months; pizza and a bucket of fried chicken every night, donuts, etc. Putting on some serious body fat

Im literally talking to myself here, please disregard this post as there's really no point to it, whatsoever
I started my week off, zero weight training, yesterday and will continue for one week. I do this every three months after I get blood. All I do on my days off or an hour or two walk a bit of stretching and some meditation (which I do everyday anyway).
I think your body needs to take a break every now and again unless you’re Superman and they are pretty rare near as I can tell. I train full body workouts three times a week so a week off is needed both mentally and physically. split workouts in many ways are easier on the body but since you have more time to work each body part I think you keep adding exercises and that quickly leads to over training. That is been my experience at least.

So take your time off and enjoy yourself. You deserve it so you should take it And not feel guilty about it. In a weeks time you will lose nothing of significance so don’t worry about that.

All my opinion of course.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity