advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you guys have any friends that binge and purge?

I seen this lady on that intervention show. She actually use to keep garbage bags full of puke hidden in her closet. What a digusting addiction. I felt sorry for the lady to go thru such extremes. Nobody chooses to be an addict.

I seen this lady on that intervention show. She actually use to keep garbage bags full of puke hidden in her closet. What a digusting addiction. I felt sorry for the lady to go thru such extremes. Nobody chooses to be an addict.

I feel like when I was really into bodybuilding that I was addicted, and I can relate a bit to this. This is just on the other side of the spectrum extreme.

Bulimia is very serious. My mom died as a result when I was only 11. I still remember hearing her throwing up after every meal in bathroom. Very addictive psychologically.

When I was 17 I went through mix of anorexia predominantly with ocassuonal binging. I would usually restrict calories to 400 calories a day but once in a while if I ended up eating pizza or pecan pie I would drive out into a dark street and induce vomiting with fingers or ipecac. What a sad life I know.

Your friend seems like he looks good, in your words so that's good that he doesn't have the effects of malnourishment. I was 105 lbs and still thought I was fat.

However long term it will damage is esophagus and teeth. Not to mention short term during one of the vomiting episode he can tear his esophagus, and this could be a deadly medical emergency. It's called borhaves syndrome.

I would say get psychological advice but the truth for me is it didn't help me
Much at all. The thing he needs to learn is to reach his "goal" physique in a manner that would allow him to eat the large meals once in a while safely. So whether it be intermittent fasting etc. he needs to link up with a nutritionist.

He will always have obsessive tendencies he just has to learn it and harvest it safely. And when he accuses u that you can't judge, tell him that you are not judging and you recognize your addiction too. Cause let's be real what you (we) have is an addiction as well just different types of damage

Here's a little bit about boerhave. Pay close attention to the second paragraph and the mortality rate. (Taken from Wikipedia)

In contrast, the term Boerhaave's syndrome is reserved for the 10% of esophageal perforations which occur due to vomiting.[2]
Spontaneous perforation of the esophagus most commonly results from a full-thickness tear in the esophageal wall due to a sudden increase in intraesophageal pressure combined with relatively negative intrathoracic pressure caused by straining or vomiting (effort rupture of the esophagus or Boerhaave's syndrome). Other causes of spontaneous perforation include caustic ingestion, pill esophagitis, Barrett's esophagus, infectious ulcers in patients with AIDS, and following dilation of esophageal strictures.

With the exception of few case reports describing survival without surgery,[2] the mortality of untreated Boerhaave syndrome is nearly 100%.[8] Its treatment includes immediate antibiotic therapy to prevent mediastinitis and sepsis, surgical repair of the perforation,[9] and if there is significant fluid loss it should be replaced with IV fluid therapy since oral rehydration is not possible. Even with early surgical intervention (within 24 hours) the risk of death
is 25%.[10]

Last edited:
Boerhave's Syndrome sounds nasty. My brother almost died last year from a very similar condition called Mallory-Weiss Syndrome. For him is was not that he vomited often, but one night he got sick and wretched badly enough that he actually tore a hole where the esophagus meets the stomach. He went to sleep, woke up the next morning (unaware of the fairly massive internal bleeding that had been going on all night), walked to the bathroom and immediately passed out because he didn't have enough blood left to pump it to his brain. Then he began to vomit all of the blood that he lost because it had been pooling in his stomach overnight. I found him (luckily) in time to call an ambulance and have surgery performed quickly. I think the doctors estimated he lost nearly 30-35% of the blood in his body.

I would imagine that is another condition which bulimics would be faced with. Scary stuff...certainly a morning I'll never forget.

Last edited:
Boerhave's Syndrome sounds nasty. My brother almost died last year from a very similar condition called Mallory-Weiss Syndrome. For him is was not that he vomited often, but one night he got sick and wretched badly enough that he actually tore a hole where the esophagus meets the stomach. He went to sleep, woke up the next morning (unaware of the fairly massive internal bleeding that had been going on all night), walked to the bathroom and immediately passed out because he didn't have enough blood left to pump it to his brain. Then he began to vomit all of the blood that he lost because it had been pooling in his stomach overnight. I found him (luckily) in time to call an ambulance and have surgery performed quickly. I think the doctors estimated he lost nearly 30-35% of the blood in his body.

I would imagine that is another condition which bulimics would be faced with. Scary stuff...certainly a morning I'll never forget.

Yeh Mallory weis is similar to borhaves. Basically Mallory weis is a superficial tear of the esophagus while in borhave the tear extends through all the layers of esophagus.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131