YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

do you guys often lose 10-20lbs of water within the first 2 weeks of starting to cut?

AlphaMaleDawg

Banned
I lost about 10lbs of water (or so I think) in two weeks when I started to cut. This seems to happen every time I do this. Is it normal?

No way do I lose 10 lbs of water when I start dieting.. My offseason diet stays relatively clean though.

10pounds? u r lucky!!!! I have the same problem, anytime I cut the calories and do cardio i loose around 20 lbs in 2 weeks. People tell me "oh dont worry, its just water", but it dont make me feel any better. And muscles are mostly made of water, so loosing 20 lbs of water i dont think is such a good thing!!!! I guess a big role with this problem is my metabolism, hard to keep and buoild muscle , but very easy to loose weight......
PS: When I say "cut calories" I do not mean starve myself, just eating a little less that usual.......

10pounds? u r lucky!!!! I have the same problem, anytime I cut the calories and do cardio i loose around 20 lbs in 2 weeks. People tell me "oh dont worry, its just water", but it dont make me feel any better. And muscles are mostly made of water, so loosing 20 lbs of water i dont think is such a good thing!!!! I guess a big role with this problem is my metabolism, hard to keep and buoild muscle , but very easy to loose weight......
PS: When I say "cut calories" I do not mean starve myself, just eating a little less that usual.......

wow. we have exactly the same type of problem then. really easy for me to lose weight but anytime I put on muscle, it's so easy for me to lose it. Leads to large weight fluctuations all the time. It's annoying that every 6 months, people are saying I got smaller or lost weight. then in another 6 months, everyone says I got so huge, when in fact there is a good amount of water that went into that

I lost about 10lbs of water (or so I think) in two weeks when I started to cut. This seems to happen every time I do this. Is it normal?

Well, That would change on a case by case bases, it depends what kind of diet you have, how big you are ,even what kind of products you use to cut. Myself I go about 210 offseason, and stay around the 200 lb mark after cutting, so I would agree with the 10 lb theory, now if you go 260 lbs offseason, I'm sure you're going to drop 20lbs of water easily, and if you use hardcore diuretics then you are going to shed even more water weight, so bottom line everyone is different. God bless you. Minister.

wow. we have exactly the same type of problem then. really easy for me to lose weight but anytime I put on muscle, it's so easy for me to lose it. Leads to large weight fluctuations all the time. It's annoying that every 6 months, people are saying I got smaller or lost weight. then in another 6 months, everyone says I got so huge, when in fact there is a good amount of water that went into that

Yes Alpha, it sucks to be like this, and most people dont understand our struggle. I mean when I'm full and in a good shape Im at around 225, and if I just miss or mixed up my diet and eat less for 2-3 days I can easily loose about 7lbs just like that!!!I have to work twice as hard as other gym fellows to mantain my weight. So what Ive done lately, in order not to loose so much, was to just do some cardio , without going over 110 bpm, and just cut off 50 gr of carbs at night. It seems to work so far, as the drop in weight is not so drastic, but the fat loss is very slow as well....

I can lose about 10-15lbs of water in 2 days when I start my PSMF diet. 10-20lbs of water in 2 weeks is slow if you ask me lol.

and for those of you who do lose all this weight fast, do you find your strength go down too or stay the same? I have been fortunate enough where my strength actually hasn't really changed

also, how many less carbs and calories do you start eating right off the bat?

Last edited:
and for those of you who do lose all this weight fast, do you find your strength go down too or stay the same? I have been fortunate enough where my strength actually hasn't really changed

For me my maintainance carbs amount is 500gr a day.

Strength drops will depend on the type of diet you end up doing. If you do low/no carb diets strength drops can be a lot more than other diets, but once the body adjusts to burning other sources such as fat/protein as fuel instead of carbs, I find that strength tends to stay fairly good and consistent.

Maybe it's because we eat way too many simple sugars when not dieting? I know I'm guilty . .

I think we clear the gut the first two weeks. The sodium might be too high in the off season. So, during the cut it is lower just by cutting the junk out. I really dont think it's a situation to be alarmed about. If it happens all the time it's just your body adjusting and getting ready for a slower drop. If you tell me you just keep droping then something is wrong. You have to control the drop to 2# a week if possible. The weight will vary man to man I say based on the off season diet and the size of the guy.

I'm just strange anyways when it comes to weight dropping. I end up eating more cutting then I do off season. Cleaner foods, more often, plenty of cardio.
Best of luck to you. If you are dropping to quick add some calories back in a balanced macro kind of way.
k

the most weight i've ever lost in the fastest time while cutting was 12 lbs in 6 weeks...

20 lbs in 2 weeks? do you swallow lasix daily?
:D:c:eeky-sm

I dropped 8 pounds in 3 days while in Vegas this weekend, I didn't really eat anything while there. Probably ate like 1000 calories each day, no alcohol either. Just some water.

Also I usually drop around 5-7 pounds while cutting the first week. So thats around 5 pounds of water. When I cut my carbs/sodium decreases so it makes sense.

Last edited:
I'm going through this as we speak. Just started my cut about 2 weeks ago and have lost about 12lbs. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Feeling tiny at 256, although I know its really all just in my head.

the most weight i've ever lost in the fastest time while cutting was 12 lbs in 6 weeks...

20 lbs in 2 weeks? do you swallow lasix daily?
:D:c:eeky-sm

This seems much more rational.

10-20lbs in two weeks just by dropping your water, yikes. Never, ever have I heard of this.

Your like a sciecnce project,

This seems much more rational.

10-20lbs in two weeks just by dropping your water, yikes. Never, ever have I heard of this.

Your like a sciecnce project,

seems like a bunch of people here have the same problem, so maybe we are all science experiments

1. Carbs don't sit in your body dry, they are in solution. 2.7g of water per 1g of carbohydrate (as stored glycogen). Lowering your glycogen stores drops a lot of weight fast.

2. Greatly reduced sodium intake reduces how much water you are holding, this can be a LOT of weight.

3. Food in the intestines: 4-6 meals moving through at any given time is a LOT of weight.

4. Rapid fat loss in first week or two of diet, this can be double normal or more.

Combine all of these and, depending on the person, size, diet, bodyfat, etc, you can drop 10-20 lbs easy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131