over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you guys remember Bo Jackson?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I rewatched Bo Jacksons 30 for 30 last night. His time playing ball and swinging the bad was before me.

What do you guys remember about him? Seems like he was an enigma during his time.

Complete freak of nature who hated practice; ate burgers and chips and destroyed everybody on the field. Ran a 4.12 40 (timed but still), was built better than most guys that lift, and didn't lift weights.

Yeah...not all men are created equal

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bo don't know diddley......

:cool:

Last edited:
His injury along with sterling sharpe was one of the saddest career cut short stories of all time. The man was a super athlete from another planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo was a God among boys. One of the most talented athletes, arguably THE most, ever.

i was around 12-14 years old, guy was awesome!! i couldnt wait to watch the raiders highlights to see what he would do. good time for sports, gretzky, jordan, bo jackson. or at least i thought it was cool lol

I rewatched Bo Jacksons 30 for 30 last night. His time playing ball and swinging the bad was before me.

What do you guys remember about him? Seems like he was an enigma during his time.

Complete freak of nature who hated practice; ate burgers and chips and destroyed everybody on the field. Ran a 4.12 40 (timed but still), was built better than most guys that lift, and didn't lift weights.

Yeah...not all men are created equal

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

that 30 for 30 is one of my favorites.
Bo Jackson was a man among boys and was a freak athlete. he was arguably one of the best that ever played the game, and the very fact that he got that hip dislocation b/c of his raw power as he was being held by the tackler, he moved w/ such force that he really did it to himself (so i read) but he was really awesome to watch.

i'm pretty sure he liked to use a crossbow to hunt and stuff like that and was opposed to the usual workouts and practice. a true legend.

speaking of, where did you find the 30 for 30? i know Netflix had em for a while, then they dropped them and since football season's damn near over, i need something to watch and i'm not a 'Game of Thrones' type of guy :D

I remember him from when I was young.

I liked in that 30/30 show how he said he didn't understand why people had practice, he felt you just show up and do it. And he did.

The injury he had was an example of his strength. A normal person could not really do what he did. He pretty much yanked his own femur from the socket under his own muscle tension. Someone pinned his foot and he just kept moving his leg. Again, not something a normal person could even do.

I remember him. I was a kid then but he was special. He was so good he could have kept playing baseball after the injury. But it sucks being average when you were a demi God. I just remember he was big and fast...which is a deadly combo in most sports. 4.3 speed and 230. I have family in KC and can remeber him playing for the Royals...the baby blue uniforms. He was a phyical specimen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It was great seeing him bust a bat over his knee when he would strike out in baseball. The guy was an animal. Him and deion sanders that played both baseball and football, now that is a real athlete.

It was great seeing him bust a bat over his knee when he would strike out in baseball. The guy was an animal. Him and deion sanders that played both baseball and football, now that is a real athlete.

He snapped one behind his neck too remmeber? Physical beast

Bo was the greatest as far as I know

He snapped one behind his neck too remmeber? Physical beast

Yep. Somewhere in my baseball card collection buried away is the card that says "bo breaker" and shows him snapping one over his knee. I also have the card where he is standing in his football pads with a baseball bat behind his head on his shoulders. Who remembers those cards?!

Man I gotta dig through my old baseball collection now, I haven't seen those and many others for many years.

Yep. Somewhere in my baseball card collection buried away is the card that says "bo breaker" and shows him snapping one over his knee. I also have the card where he is standing in his football pads with a baseball bat behind his head on his shoulders. Who remembers those cards?!

Man I gotta dig through my old baseball collection now, I haven't seen those and many others for many years.

i use to look at that card everyday lol like it was going to be worth a million some day:D. the bash brothers conseco and mcguire. damn i am feeling old:eek:

remember watching barry sanders, could be the best i ever seen. smart and got out early

Last edited:
I was about 6 or 7 when he had the bad injury. Even at that age, since I liked sports and was starting to play them, I was aware of how amazing Bo Jackson was in football particularly and baseball too. It's so weird because even though I was aware, I had very little perspective at that age...so I couldn't really appreciate it as much as I appreciate watching greats like Tom Brady today.

That was an excellent 30 for 30 (let's be real, they're all great). I only heard of Bo Jackson but that documentary really let me know who he was and what he was about. Total specimen. He's become overweight in his older age now but man was he great back then.

Bo is the greatest pure athlete ever in my opinion. It’s only BECAUSE of his freakish strength that he was injured. Then the freak comes back to baseball and first at bat yanks one out!

Knight - yeh Brady was freakish today. There were a couple of throws that he made that were just stupid.

that 30 for 30 is one of my favorites.
Bo Jackson was a man among boys and was a freak athlete. he was arguably one of the best that ever played the game, and the very fact that he got that hip dislocation b/c of his raw power as he was being held by the tackler, he moved w/ such force that he really did it to himself (so i read) but he was really awesome to watch.

i'm pretty sure he liked to use a crossbow to hunt and stuff like that and was opposed to the usual workouts and practice. a true legend.

speaking of, where did you find the 30 for 30? i know Netflix had em for a while, then they dropped them and since football season's damn near over, i need something to watch and i'm not a 'Game of Thrones' type of guy :D

**broken link removed**

IMHO, he was the greatest pound for pound athlete!!

Faster and bigger than anyone out there!! The Boz knows Bo!! Lolol:headbang:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner