advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you guys think there are too many bodybuilding message boards on the internet???

Maverick

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Have you guys noticed how many new boards pop up every single day?? I am a member of several and I can only find time to post on about 6 or 7 of them everyday. Is it me or does every tom, dick, and joe have thier own board now. It seems to me our internet community is becoming overstaurated with boards. This is just a conversational topic. What do you guys think???

Maverick

lol

Yes and no. Yes, there are too many and every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to own their own. That said, the dozens popping up each day never seems to detract from the worth of boards like these, and maybe keeps some of the more moronic 17 year olds and whatevers away. So it's not hurting us really.

Still, some of the guys opening their own boards just to have one could probably be contributing to forums like these and some of the main set and consolidating our community, but I think it's fine the way it is now. There's about 6-7 as you say that I bookmark, some I don't get to as often as I'd like, and generally a crossover of members between that lot. IronMike

You know a board in general shouldn't exist if: 1) you go and there are only MODS online, no members, 2) the MODS are people you have never heard of, 3) to give themselves a rep, they MOD on 5 other boards you've never heard of and those boards suffer from 1 and 2 as well, and 4) the advice is bad and or juvenile. And yes, there are new ones popping up everyday.

I remember when Renegade and the UG were jumping with posts and it was, I believe, the best time for boards. I learned so much on those boards from legitimate Vets and Mods. That was a time when Mods earned their status through quality posts, not like it is today on many boards where they buy their Modship.

Just my 2 cents,
SB

Yea lol

I dont think were hurtin for any.

I mostly stick with the same group of guys
Both of BigAs boards and a few Private ones.
Now an then Ill hit anabolicboard or mesorx but not often.

rAJJIN said:
I dont think were hurtin for any.

I mostly stick with the same group of guys
Both of BigAs boards and a few Private ones.
Now an then Ill hit anabolicboard or mesorx but not often.

same for me . i dont really have time for any more anyway

I follow the idea that maybe the saturation of boards filters out the kids so that the few good boards that exist can function free of silly questions and pointless controversies. I barely have time to contribute much to the boards that I'm on now. I don't see how anyone with much going on could be involved in but so many boards anyway.

Too many! The only good thing is that it probably does water down all the cocky newbies, away from the boards like this.

I miss the good ol' days, I was so happy when there was only Anabolex, old Meso (both had a good bit of flaming), the UG, and then the Renegade spun off. I was at a desk job and could be very involved every day. Now I dont have the time to really go anywhere but here, and some to the UG. I feel a little out of the loop, but things work for me still. :D

There are many but only a handful that are worth a shit. If you have been around and know your shit you should know where to go and where not to go. Invite only is really the way to go these days. Only a couple boards I visit that are open. People in the know know where to go. :cool:

pretty much all the rest of 'em suck... im stayin here :cool:

WAAAAAAYYY too many boards and the sad thing is, I don't think I've learned anything new in at least two years. Also, it's not really about info anymore, it's about kissing MODS asses. Now I'm not including this board, but on just about every other board out there, if you disagree with a mod, you get banned. Even if the mod is PROVEN to be a completely incompitent dipshit, cocksucker, YOU still get banned. Obviously freedom of speech doesn't apply to bodybuilding message boards. What does apply is a list of asskissing members who worship the almighty mods. Back in the old days, (on the UG for example) you could argue with the mods and maybe even find out the truth of a particular subject without getting banned. Now, on most boards, if you say that you disagree with a particular mods training style, or what he had for breakfast, you get banned!!!

I have concluded that all the support and info I need from a message board is right here. Fuck the rest of 'em. I just can't bring myself to kiss anyone's ass. At least around here, the mods really are respected old timers and they do know their shit. Also, I've never seen anyone here get banned for disagreeing with a mod, usually because the mod has been able to prove he was right with logic, not banning.

alot of shitty boards

way to many shitty ones,i dont have time to visit let alone post at any other i have my main three

ofcourse....

oversaturation always seems to find its nitch!

Mr.Huge

Yeah they are everywhere

I like promuscle, first board for me was the ug, then I visit anabolex, Whats most important is that I see the names of the old time vets so if I get in a pinch I can personal message these guys that seem like they been around like 10 years and vets at that, Things have change quite a bit over the years and I dont see a lot of the names of guys who were tremendous help to me in the past. At least here a pro muscle if you hit a sticking point there are pro's here who I would bet would help out for a consulting fee, to keep moving onward and upward.

Willy

The problem I see with all the boards poping up is they copy and paste the same info. Also members jump from board to board and post the same info. I stay on 4 or 5 boards now and thats it. the ones were if you need info you know for sure you can find it.

I stay on:
TheIronPit
PM
BM
SBI
IM

shit i remeber 6 years ago sitting in my computer class in highschool reading the renegadebodybuildng and undergroundsupplements. i didnt get too much dont in that class i remember, but i didnt learn a lot.. lol

hey teach, i just figured out how to inject myself.. lol

later,

Todd

6 years out of high school,huh. Pardon me as I feel a mid age moment coming on. LOL :eek:

What is not cool to me is there are some that advertise sources (foreign) in banners. Even though the board is offshore doesn't mean the people ordering are. Is it just me or is that crazy? Isn't that like saying F you to certain people?? I won't go back on those boards. And isn't one of these boarsd gonna be on the front page of 'Newsweek'? Or is this just a rumor? Unbelievable if you ask me....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131