advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you have dudes who do "martial arts" type of shit at the gym ?

I wonder what all of these people think about you guys? They probably go home and laugh about all the meatheads in the gym! Every gym has the same issue, every man has to be the alpha male. Testosterone is a powerful substance, it makes men act crazy! Ur workout is no more important than anyone else's. If you were focused on u and ur workout u wouldn't notice them. Sounds like some people have some insecurities, if u didn't u wouldn't say anything. All I'm saying is we all have to exist in the gym together, stop acting like dicks, and start acting like men!

^^^^^^^^

Dances inbetween sets

So you do agree with me. See the problem with the thread is that everyone voices their gripes here. I'll would bet money that not a single person on this thread has EVER told any of these people off. And they never will, because one of those little ninjas might just hand them their ass in front of all their friends. And that would be embarrassing.

And you would lose your money.

That's what I'm saying! Just go in do you're shit and get out. But respect other people because they have the right to be there just like you.

When people push the boudaries of idiocy, there is nothing wrong with letting them know it...and the fact is that half of these people aren't even there to use the equipement that has been provided. Rather, they're there to shadow box for the sole purpose of drawing attention to themselves, but unfortunately, they must not realize they actually look like morons.

The free weight room floor is not for dancing, shadow boxing, or any other number of assinine activities that some of these people participate it. It is there for lifting weights...and if they aren't there to do that, then they should either should go somewhere or stop imposing their desire to be recognized on everyone else.

Have you actually read some of the things being posted here? Much of it is inappropriate in a gym setting, especially on the free weight floor where people are actually trying to lift weights.

Haha. You guys have it easy!! Sure we have a few "shadowboxers" but they stop when the actual MMA guys come in to lift. There's a limit.

But I've got a Russian gym "buddy" who loves to talk to me regardless of sweat and ear-buds in, mid set. Whatever. Problem is he speaks ONLY Russian, (I speak another Slavic language but really not very well, so I understand every 10th word).

This gent has ENTIRE conversations with me in RUSSIAN, where I reply only in English.

He doesn't seem to notice. AT ALL. Nice guy though...I think.

i have 2 people like this in my normal gym....

1 is a guy about 5'3"... he comes in everyday wearing big baggy black jeans, a black tank top, and puts on that altitude training MASK AS HE IS WALKING INTO THE GYM... i mean before his first set or anything, just walks in w it.... he walks everytime right directly thru the main dumbell area and gives "hard looks" to some of the small guys... at this point im always pointing his stupid ass out to someone saying- looooooook at thissssssssss fool.... then he proceeds to ALWAYS go put the barbell in the corner and do 1 arm presses like he is punching... he gets done w his set and then proceeds to try and shadowbox with his little T-REX arms that looks like he swatting for mosquitos LOL...whats best is that there is an american top team mma gym in the same building so there are always alot of real fighters in their just laughing along w me...

2nd are a pair of 2 chicks... i will give them props that they are actually TRYING in the gym... but there is a place for certain exercises and it ISNT in the main section... but here it is- these 2 girls always go and take up TWO of the adjustable flat benches by the DB rack... last time i was there, this was happening- they stand by their benches and do like 25 burpees... then they put their hands on the bench and jump their legs over it side to side for 25 reps, then they do like a tai boe kick kick punch punch looking thing, then they did squat jumps, then they sprint across the room wear the squat racks are and do walking lunges with some other lil tae boe looking kick thing between steps... luckily they havent messed me up in my lifts or i would have mentioned something...

anyways, these are my contributions here lol... there are always those peeps trying to hit the heavy bag in the aerobic room that look like they have no clue, but hey, they are trying and in the right area atleast... doing all that shit in the main area is dangerous... ... luckily they havent interfered much or id suggest maybe using the AEROBIC ROOM for AEROBICS...

Last edited:
i have 2 people like this in my normal gym....

1 is a guy about 5'3"... he comes in everyday wearing big baggy black jeans, a black tank top, and puts on that altitude training MASK AS HE IS WALKING INTO THE GYM... i mean before his first set or anything, just walks in w it.... he walks everytime right directly thru the main dumbell area and gives "hard looks" to some of the small guys... at this point im always pointing his stupid ass out to someone saying- looooooook at thissssssssss fool.... then he proceeds to ALWAYS go put the barbell in the corner and do 1 arm presses like he is punching... he gets done w his set and then proceeds to try and shadowbox with his little T-REX arms that looks like he swatting for mosquitos LOL...whats best is that there is an american top team mma gym in the same building so there are always alot of real fighters in their just laughing along w me...

2nd are a pair of 2 chicks... i will give them props that they are actually TRYING in the gym... but there is a place for certain exercises and it ISNT in the main section... but here it is- these 2 girls always go and take up TWO of the adjustable flat benches by the DB rack... last time i was there, this was happening- they stand by their benches and do like 25 burpees... then they put their hands on the bench and jump their legs over it side to side for 25 reps, then they do like a tai boe kick kick punch punch looking thing, then they did squat jumps, then they sprint across the room wear the squat racks are and do walking lunges with some other lil tae boe looking kick thing between steps... luckily they havent messed me up in my lifts or i would have mentioned something...

anyways, these are my contributions here lol... there are always those peeps trying to hit the heavy bag in the aerobic room that look like they have no clue, but hey, they are trying and in the right area atleast... doing all that shit in the main area is dangerous... ... luckily they havent interfered much or id suggest maybe using the AEROBIC ROOM for AEROBICS...

Dereliiiicts.

Each part of the gym is laid out for a specific purpose so if your gym doesnt have a heavy bag you probably shouldnt be punching any where in that gym. Just like the guy who sets up lifts to do after he hops off his cardio machine from the 30 secs he just did it gets annoying. Yes he is lifting like expected in a gym but he is doing it in the cardio area. Hell when its dead feel free but anything outside of the norm during peak hours is asking for attention.

while not boxing related, today in the gym this little kid stole the bench i had just finished setting up in our "smith" machine. I went over and stood by him trying to get his attention, he completely ignored me and just kept setting up his thing. he wasn't earing ear phones or anything so no reason to not hear me speak quiet or not notice me as there were only 4 of us in the gym.

finally I just tapped him on the back of his head. looked down shook my head and said its mine, and pointed to where it needed to go....

lol, after a lil bit I kind of felt like a dick... after I realized how that probably came off.

but whatever, he was being a dumbass, idk how he didn't see me using it, and he was using the identical bench just before in a different area!

;)

What pisses me off the most is this guy who jumps rope right in front of the dumbbell rack....totally oblivious that he blocks access to about 30 dumbbells while he jumps.

This thread made me feel so much better. I changed gyms and the gym I go to now is pretty well known in the area. Lots of competitors, but man there are still a few guys that just don't get it. Lift weights in the weight training area, cardio in the cardio area, misc shit in the empty open areas. My biggest issue is just dropping weights from waist high or above after a set. If you aren't strong enough to put it down, don't pick it up

Handstands and pole hanging sideways, mma shadow boxing is a daily occurrence in one gym I train at.

Sometimes I think I'm missing out on something/anything by working out at home and then I read threads like this...

Sometimes I think I'm missing out on something/anything by working out at home and then I read threads like this...

hahaha... THIS is exactly why I invested in a home gym. Although I will go to the gym from time to time to remind myself why I did it.

Not martial arts but still funny

Now i give respect to almost anyone in the gym, just for doing it and putting an effort in there but some people just get to me

2 mid 20s guys, they walk in the gym like they own the place, fake lats flarred out and mean mugging everyone.

-The other day they were doing a hammer machine low row, working their way up with the ugliest form. Finally they loaded it up to where no plates would fit, they made a lot of noise, huffing and puffing so everyone would look. Then they paced around the machine, didnt do a single rep and unloaded it

- Second they come in making a big stink about how its BIG BENCH DAY. They load 225 on the bar and then proceed to use a powerlifting slingshot to do their sets

i lost it laughing hahaha

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner