over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you keep hitting a wall?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It seems like for the past few years I keep hitting a wall. First I tore both my labrums and with wanting to finish school I took a year break and took 18hrs (in which each semester I had 9hrs of theoretical math classes) each semester. Then I had my job that had A LOT of complex testings that took me out a few months. Then a surgery that resulted in internal bleeding and now in past 9 months I tore my hamstring a week after I left my job to start up my own business. That took me out for 6 weeks and now for past 3 months I couldn't even afford a gym membership.

I feel like a total bitch. I feel like I keep giving up every time I get close to my goals. I have a coach, I diet hard, I do my cardio, but then every year at some point I keep getting destroyed and miss gym. The past 3 times I kept up up with the diet 85-90% so recovery has been quicker but still. Right now my GF is suicidal and I have wanted to get out of the relationship for months but my conscious won't allow me until she is more stable in her life. sigh*

I have to say, I have a huge opportunity with this start up I'm doing. In fact they are 3 of them. One of them I'm running it all by myself for now until I can hire someone and the other 2 is with a friend. I'm talking about I can hit home run for life with these if they take off (and not far reach either).

Do you guys hit these walls? What do you do? I use to be like most of the guys on here and never miss training but idk if i'm losing control or simply being a pussy.

I think we all hit them. For me though it always comes down to mental health.

Lifting keeps me sane and gives me the serotonin release i need. I also just enjoy training in general...i guess it just becomea habit.

After a week off or so im always craving "the lifestyle".

What doesn't killYa makes you Stronger.
Thatsa character builder!
There's no Cryin in baseball!

I always take it easy during Aug and Sept, we only have a few months of Summer here in Wa, I still work out but not as much.

Usually takes me a few weeks to get back into but for some reason, this year, I am struggling!!! Oct and Nov have been just tough.

NO excuses, I just have been lazy and tired.

Everyone has set backs. It's the greats that know how to recover and continue on.

I always call it a streak or a run...the length of time I continue to progress in the gym before an injury, sickness or random schedule change from work or other throws me off and then I feel I start over. The older I get the better I get at re-starting and getting back to it. There is nothing wrong with taking breaks.

OP, it sounds like you are really troubled about this...IDK, I would really reflect on your outlook though...Even if life has thrown you a few curveballs, don't allow yourself to slip into a defeatist mentality...Many people with such an outlook wind up as self fulfilling prophesies...always expecting something to go wrong and as soon as it does, acknowledging it in defeat...A god portion of a man's character is his will to keep "getting back up" after life knocks you down, in my opinion....Also the most successful bodybuilder's I know, are the ones who have grown to love the process of training and growing, not the one's who are constantly striving reach a certain goal...that type of motivation isn't consistent in the long term...for many reasons, but the guy that's in the gym training his ass of because he loves it, that guy will be there rain or shine...when life get's tough....he goes to the gym, instead of the other way around...many here I suspect can relate.

I think everyone goes through this, but everyone copes with it differently. From the first sentence where you said about the injuries and torn labrums maybe you need to focus on other aspects of your training more frequently instead of just trying to push through barriers.

I saw something interesting earlier about injury rates on forced reps and people hurting themselves more and more because of this.

If you keep doing what you always do..........you will keep getting what you always got. Change Change Change! Instead of continually banging your head against the wall......resulting in head trauma. Find a way to go around the wall and move forward. Its not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner