advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you measure you protein raw or cooked?

mchief101

Registered
i'm having massive confusions as those fitness calculators such as myfitnesspal has different info for each protein! like i would search up 4oz tilapia and one would say 20g protein and the other would say 30g.....just an example....

just trying to get the most accurate measurement here so i get adequate protein each day :)

You don't have to worry about such extreme details, IMO.
Just shoot for a rough estimate, which is all these calculators can provide in the first place.

I agree with TNH, but generally speaking nutrition data for meat is weighed raw unless otherwise noted.

I agree with TNH, but generally speaking nutrition data for meat is weighed raw unless otherwise noted.

alot of people dont seem to understand that also if you cook your meat one day for 10 min and the other day for 20 minutes you might need a larger portion cuz its dry as fuck ,,, I suggest if you take it serious either cook everything the exact same way ( which is boring ) or measure it raw and add whatever cooked whatever way you want and you will never have to worry

I personally weigh my food cooked and go under the assumption that one ounce of cooked chicken or fish equals seven grams of protein. Believe steak is .75 ounce = 7 grams. That's what I go off of makes it easier when I cook in bulk.

It does not matter. Consistency is what counts. Do it the you prefer and make your changes off that same method.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I personally weigh my food cooked and go under the assumption that one ounce of cooked chicken or fish equals seven grams of protein. Believe steak is .75 ounce = 7 grams. That's what I go off of makes it easier when I cook in bulk.

this helps alot...thank you!

The charts I always used had both cooked and raw data. Of course youre going to need a bit more if its cooked since it loses water when its cooked.

I measure all my food after its been cooked. Pre cooked is to hard to control as the weight will change all the time depending on the meat quality and how long its cooked for

Usually raw. If you ever get a diet regimen from a trainer/dietician, make sure you have them clarify how they want you to measure it.

I would measure all the meat cooked. You don't want to cut yourself short from protein. If you're confuse about the measurement go to calorieking and make sure whatever meat you looking up states cooked.

My coach told me to measure cooked...

Measure after cooked as more accurate, I usually don't weigh any food but aim to have similar portions. Each to their own :)

I weight it after its cooked. The one I have always wondered about is pasta.

I don't understand why you measure it cooked. For example, If you have two bowls of chicken 10 oz each (raw) you take one bowl throw some marinade in it, let it sit for a day, cook it up with some olive oil in a pan. Take bowl two, throw the chicken in a pan and cook it, no oil, actually you accidentally overcook it, it gets dried out. Now you have a serving of juicy tender chicken and one serving of dried out blah chicken.. they will not weigh the same.

So you're telling me they will not contain the same amount of protein? Even though you started with 10 oz each?

This woukd be a good time for a DC overanalyzing lecture.. Let me confuse even more.. Of that protein, how much do you think you are actually using? enzymes?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131