over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you put your physique before women?

Oh the irony ;)
I was relying on facts, not studies or statistics.

facts are black and white, studies and statistics are grey.

I'd like to think I've been fairly objective throughout this discussion and have discussed pros and cons of both sides.
only cons (besides insurance) :eek:

My gf did just say she'd be open to just being religiously married rather than legally married though so hey win win if I want to go that route
joke's on you, she looked it up and knows that you're in a common law state :eek: jk but be sure to look that up

:star-:ars

For many years now, I've put everything before women.

Ironically, since doing that, greater numbers of better looking women began showing up. So then I gave even less of a fuck, and even more came.

So I guess I'll keep doing this.

Oh the irony ;)

I'd like to think I've been fairly objective throughout this discussion and have discussed pros and cons of both sides.

My gf did just say she'd be open to just being religiously married rather than legally married though so hey win win if I want to go that route

I have a similar situation, and my own 'feelings' are similar to the ones you've described but I refuse to let them override rational decision making this time around

Facts based on "common sense" even if it contrasts the data ;)

-almost 50% of marriages end in divorce

-approximately 70% of those divorces are initiated by the whamen

-the most frequently given reason whamen gave for initiating divorce was
they "weren't haaaaaaappy"

-women get primary custody in over 80% of divorce cases

-there was approximately $11 billion in alimony paid in the year that we have most recent data for (I believe it was 2015)

-approximately 95% of that alimony went from the man to the whaman.

-divorces that are finalized after 2018 ends will see both alimony and child support being neither tax-deductible to the payor, nor taxable to the payee.

that's the raw data.

everyone can run it through their 'feeeeeeelings filters' to make of it whatever they will

lol.....You post data and statistics showing your points, then say everyone else is using their feelings to filter it.

Others post data showing better statistics for children of married couples, greater success rate among married individuals, greater happiness among married individuals, better health among married individuals, etc etc

"Nah bro the statistics are misleading" :rolleyes:

You're a funny guy

lol.....You post data and statistics showing your points, then say everyone else is using their feelings to filter it.

Others post data showing better statistics for children of married couples, greater success rate among married individuals, greater happiness among married individuals, better health among married individuals, etc etc

You're a funny guy

Qualitative and quantitative data are not the same

Qualitative and quantitative data are not the same

That is correct. Not sure how that's relevant to what I said. There are qualitative and quantitative data sets mentioned on both sides here.

That is correct. Not sure how that's relevant to what I said. There are qualitative and quantitative data sets mentioned on both sides here.

Eh, not really. The argument against is pretty much all raw, financial data that shows you've got a lot to lose and not a whole lot to gain.

Even with a prenup it's a risk because they can be thrown out with ease if she says she signed it under duress. If it has any stipulations about her weight or her sex drive, that would be very easy to believe.

Last edited:

You're a funny guy

I never said that they were misleading.. (if I did say they were, it's not really what I was intending)

I said that they shouldn't be taken at face value.

and as voxide said, qualitative vs. quantitative.

I gave out raw data... not much is left up to interpretation.

maldorf and others argue against these raw data with trends (married men live longer, married men make more money) without really delving into the cause or nature of these trends.. and instead just take them at face value

-married men make more money - marriage is good for men. case closed
-married men live longer - marriage is good for men. case closed.
-married couples stick together more - marriage is better for couples. case closed.

don't bother inquiring as to WHY married men make more money or live longer.. or why married couples tend to stick together.. just accept it.

I hope you can see the difference because I don't know if I can put it into more simple terms.

I never said that they were misleading.. (if I did say they were, it's not really what I was intending)

I said that they shouldn't be taken at face value.

and as voxide said, qualitative vs. quantitative.

I gave out raw data... not much is left up to interpretation.

maldorf and others argue against these raw data with trends (married men live longer, married men make more money) without really delving into the cause or nature of these trends.. and instead just take them at face value

-married men make more money - marriage is good for men. case closed
-married men live longer - marriage is good for men. case closed.
-married couples stick together more - marriage is better for couples. case closed.

don't bother inquiring as to WHY married men make more money or live longer.. or why married couples tend to stick together.. just accept it.

I hope you can see the difference because I don't know if I can put it into more simple terms.

Of course there is a difference, but you're still dealing with hard numbers. You could ask WHY to all of your data as well.

And while I agree "just choosing the right woman" is not a guarantee of anything, surely you agree there are trends an intelligent and observant person can look at if they do choose to get married.

Frankly, I'm shocked at some of the marriages I see occurring. My one cousin (male) got married 4 years ago, divorced 2 years ago, and is now engaged again. Maybe take things slower and reconsider lol. My other cousin (female) just divorced her nice husband because "she gets bored easily like her dad"....dumb. Feel bad for their 2 year old son.

I think if we dug into your "why" questions we would see that on average the people going into marriage are more intelligent, more highly educated, wealthier, etc. If we could snap our fingers and ban legal marriage I think those same people would still obviously have significantly more successful marriages than those who wouldn't have gotten married either way. We just don't live in that world. I agree there is very little inherent value in the act of legalizing the marriage. But due to the societies current standards, some men will lose out on incredible women if they enforce a no marriage rule. But hey, I can totally understand why one would want to enforce that.

And also like I said, my gf is one of the highest quality women I've ever met in my life and apparently she's down for not getting the legal side involved, so perhaps other very high quality women would be open to the logic therein as well. I'm sure that will be a mixed bag.

I also have the "advantage" of framing it from a religious standpoint which makes it easier for my religious gf to relate to. If two agnostics/atheists were having the conversation I could see the women reasonably feeling like the man was just looking for an out (which, he is lol understandably).

If two agnostics/atheists were having the conversation I could see the women reasonably feeling like the man was just looking for an out (which, he is lol understandably).

he's looking for equality in a relationship.

if a woman objects to that...she's telling you all that you need to know.

I pretty much agree with everyone else you said.

I like how when the man is wanting to have the same standing in a relationship as his woman, it's considered a lack of trust, or some sort of bigotry..

really gives you a bit of perspective as to why things are getting so screwed up in society as it applies to relationships.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVPMfm5StVM[/ame]

Last edited:
For many years now, I've put everything before women.

Ironically, since doing that, greater numbers of better looking women began showing up. So then I gave even less of a fuck, and even more came.

So I guess I'll keep doing this.

Exactly how it works. Women appear to be completely irrational. Give them a lot of attention, show them you care and that you're interested in them and they flee away in flocks. Don't give a fuck and they get wet :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131