YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you squat and/or deadlift when you diet down?

Do you SQUAT and/or DEADLIFT when you diet down?

• Yes

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

1fst400

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Many people ditch heavy compounds during diet down/prep time and go for more isolation and machine/cable work. Others keep them in with lighter weights and higher reps. I'm specifically curious if people ditch DEADLIFT and/or SQUAT since they are the most taxing on CNS and caloric reserves.

They also burn the most calories which is important overall when dieting

Just a thought

Absolutely , I don't go quite as heavy because I take less time between sets but they are both a staple in my training

i do 2 leg days, 1 heavy, 1 volume centered. when i'm cutting, especially when i'm running dnp, i just do volume centered low weight squatting/rack pulls. i definitely feel the lack of energy from low calories, dnp, extra cardio could lead to an injury and you definitely don't want to ruin your cut from a ham or quad injury that will effectively end your cardio sessions.

i can see why some people skip squats all together though, they are pretty grueling depending on what kind of diet/drugs you are using and how much cardio you are hitting on a daily basis.

Ill usually stop heavy squats/deads about 2-3 weeks out from show when energy is down and chance of injury goes up. Still do them with a lighter weight

Legs for the win. Yes

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Both have always stayed in for me. The weights may not be as high or the volume and the warm ups take a lot longer, but I just don't feel my physique looks the same if I stop either exercise.

Squats are the backbone of my leg training, so they stay. Twice a week, Tues/Fri

I don't deadlift very often, every 3 weeks or so. I still do them when dieting though, just don't go as heavy as I could if I was full of calories.

Dropping an excercise because of a diet is craziness !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup... drop the weight a but and up the reps.. ie 5x10
What I'm doing atm

these 2 movements are nessasary to hold on to
muscle when in calorie deficit (getting lean).......

:cool:

Many people ditch heavy compounds during diet down/prep time and go for more isolation and machine/cable work. Others keep them in with lighter weights and higher reps. I'm specifically curious if people ditch DEADLIFT and/or SQUAT since they are the most taxing on CNS and caloric reserves.

Martin Berkan would have a heart attack just reading this.

Absafuckinlutely

Don't extra sets of heavy deads, squats and bench is how I avoid doing cardio for the most part.

NEVER DROP THEM OUT !!!!!

I only do racks deads and squats are my fev leg day movement.

You holding strength = you are holding onto your tissue whatever you accumulated in the offseason.

How do you judge you holding strength?

Not by keeping the eye on the wt you move on cable stack on rear delt moves or dumbbell concentration curls. Those moves can be deceiving imo.

you do that by picking the multi joint compound basic moves like the squat and deads ( rack deads in my case) . IF you dont do traditional back squat thats fine. nothing wrong in that. If you do front squat then judge it by that wt/reps.

these moves always tell you if you dropping strength which means sacrificing lean tissue. ALWAYS

Even if you can do a certain wts but your reps drop- first sign > adjust diet, drop cardio if you doing it. get back THE BEST you can to hod onto your strength.

Now if you are someone who do not do these moves in offseason for whatver reason then dont be a hero and add them in your pre contest routine when you are depleted just cos someone on a internet board said '' bro these exe lets you hold onto muscle mass''. I know people who looks great and dont do these moves anymore and they do whatever the do in offseason in precontest. you get the idea. All the best to you mate. Cheers

Last edited:
NEVER DROP THEM OUT !!!!!

I only do racks deads and squats are my fev leg day movement.

You holding strength = you are holding onto your tissue whatever you accumulated in the offseason.

How do you judge you holding strength?

Not by keeping the eye on the wt you move on cable stack on rear delt moves or dumbbell concentration curls. Those moves can be deceiving imo.

you do that by picking the multi joint compound basic moves like the squat and deads ( rack deads in my case) . IF you dont do traditional back squat thats fine. nothing wrong in that. If you do front squat then judge it by that wt/reps.

these moves always tell you if you dropping strength which means sacrificing lean tissue. ALWAYS

Even if you can do a certain wts but your reps drop- first sign > adjust diet, drop cardio if you doing it. get back THE BEST you can to hod onto your strength.

Now if you are someone who do not do these moves in offseason for whatver reason then dont be a hero and add them in your pre contest routine when you are depleted just cos someone on a internet board said '' bro these exe lets you hold onto muscle mass''. I know people who looks great and dont do these moves anymore and they do whatever the do in offseason in precontest. you get the idea. All the best to you mate. Cheers
Best way to be explained brother... 100%...

THE REAPER

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner