YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you think BIG LOU was the first HGH guy??

Steak Helmet

Banned
IVAN and I were watching his training for the 1990 MAsters Olympia and we could not help but to notice that he was 6'5" 310 SHREDDED POUNDS. He did have the GH gut, but damn he got screwed that night by the judges. Do you think he was the first GH test rat??

So he has a handicap that would not make him the best speaker for teh sport, but he had the physique and the personality to do the sport good. I think he got screwed throughout his career for his hearing problem that brought on his speech problem.

I agree

He look BETTER when he was older than when younger! I think that Gh played a significant part in this. He is one of the great ones in my book.

I agree he was a much better lifter when he was older the #'s are thier, he looked a lot smoother and at 275 during the 70's.

I like LOU a lot...back in the day as the HULK...that is one reason I started to lift.

Bigkiwi

BIGKIWI said:
Lou was MASSIVE I would deffinately love to meet the guy :)

Man, BigKiwi- Lou is a big dick. Ive seen him 2yrs at the Arnold, there all 3 days. He is not friendly, wont pose for pictures (unless you also buy one $20), and charges twice as much as everyone else for pictures. You cant speak to him-you have to talk to the person running the booth. Its not because of his hearing problem either-he is just as asshole.

Plus, if you remember back when he competed-he totally and emphatically denied any drug use at all. Lying fits in with his dismal personality. :mad:

Haney and his training partner ran GH during the 80's. They also sold it to alot of other pros.

I read in an old flex that lou grew 7 inches after he started lifting, So I 'd say yes on the growth! I have never heard one thing about him until MikeS post and that just sucks becuase he was always one of my favorites but fuck him in the ass if he's a prick!

Re: Bigkiwi

MikeS said:

Man, BigKiwi- Lou is a big dick. Ive seen him 2yrs at the Arnold, there all 3 days. He is not friendly, wont pose for pictures (unless you also buy one $20), and charges twice as much as everyone else for pictures. You cant speak to him-you have to talk to the person running the booth. Its not because of his hearing problem either-he is just as asshole.

Plus, if you remember back when he competed-he totally and emphatically denied any drug use at all. Lying fits in with his dismal personality. :mad:

I didn't wanna burst anyones bubble, but Lou is the biggest prick I've ever met as well!, everything "MikeS" said is true indeed!!, maybe he's pissed that "Arnold" turned out a bigwig and he didn't?

DIEZEL666 said:
Haney and his training partner ran GH during the 80's. They also sold it to alot of other pros.

I go to the gym that Haney trained at till he moved from SC and the same guys run the place still as they are very close friends of his and you would be shocked to here how little the amount of gear was Haney used as the man truly genetic wonder

Bloded, I never said Haney ran alot of Gear. I was just refuting the statement that Lou was the first one on GH. Haney ran it before Lou, and I'm sure someone else ran it before Haney.

WOW......

I had no idea about Lou being an asshole.....That really surprises me... I know Mike would not say this for no reason. So I am dissapointed; but perhaps this answers some questions eh Steak? Maybe this is why he never won, his arrogance/attitude?

Yeah Lou has the Hollywood attitude going on.

He was paid $5000 plus expenses to come to the opening of gym, my buddy was doing a bench press expo there at the same time (he got $200)

He was completley unsocialable to those of us there, and then had th nerve to charge people for posters etc, and would spend 30 secs sign and get out. it was pathetic.

Boing "the English_Bulldog"

Ps On the HGH thing Bob Paris ran it pretty early in the 90's if you read his book it talks of it as being the new wonder drug for bodybuilding

Steak Helmet said:
How sad...I was hoping he would be very professional??

DAMNIT!!!!

He's professional alright..... professional prick:D

DIEZEL666 said:
Bloded, I never said Haney ran alot of Gear. I was just refuting the statement that Lou was the first one on GH. Haney ran it before Lou, and I'm sure someone else ran it before Haney.

if Haney ran H i be it was no more than 4iu/day max or less cause he used little gear relatively and DEFINITELY did not have ther gut at all

haney on IGF, slin and today';s gear regimens may have been the freakiest of all

Lou

Not the first time I've stories of Lou being a dick, unfortunately.

Imagine how you would feel if you had been portrayed as he was in Pumping Iron. Damn near everyone he comes in contact with in the BB world has seen how he was controlled by his father and psychologically pummeled by Arnold. In the training scene, he pretty much makes a fool of himself with his ranting and raging at weights that most of us could easily handle. (Not like he's Ronnie C. deadlifting 800lb) Imagine with all of Arnold's film success and that Lou was obviously interested in TV / movies, that Arnold never once gave Big Lou a role in one of his flicks. Of course, but the time Lou was making his Master's comeback, he was much larger than Arnold, which probably explains part of why Arnold never cast him...

-Randy

I already typed this on a post in the past but I'll say it again. When I went to the Arnold in 98', I tried to get Lou to take a picture with me just like all the other pros had been doing. He was the ONLY guy who refused to take a pic with me and said he would do it only if I gave him $20. He actually had a spokesman do this for him since he was too good to talk to a common person like me. When I walked up to his booth I thought it was weird that there was only one person standing around near him while all the rest of the booths were packed. After speaking to him it all made since.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear