advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you think I have national level potential?

jackedrabbit

Registered
I competed in my second show this past weekend, at the NPC Northern Kentucky. I placed 3rd in Novice MW and 4th in Open MW. It was a pretty large show, one of the largest one day shows (excluding national level events) in the nation. It was a qualifier, but you had to be top 2 in open.

I have another show in Kentucky coming up in 5 weeks where I'm hoping to place top 2 or 3 in Open and win the Novice class.

My first show was the jay cutler classic in 2010, where I was a LW. I've added 20 pounds of muscle since then.

The NKY wasnt my target show, so I competed in about 5 weeks out condition. I heard that my hamstring and lower back conditioning could have been tighter, which I would agree with.

Here are some pics. What do you all think? Can I do well, given time, and some more size? I'm REALLY getting into BB now...loving it really. I want to take it as far as I can (within reason, and being healthy) but this is more than just a hobby for me.

I'm 28, about 5'9 tall. I weighed in at 173 but after carb up I was probably 180 on stage.

My goal is to become a LH and Heavy, which would be good for my height and frame.

EDIT: I'm the Asian guy in the black trunks!

Attachments

• 314207_717793918257_18600803_35015372_1657143903_n.jpg
    314207_717793918257_18600803_35015372_1657143903_n.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 696
  • 521981_717794132827_18600803_35015383_624499454_n.jpg
    521981_717794132827_18600803_35015383_624499454_n.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 570
  • 541441_717794112867_18600803_35015382_972915913_n.jpg
    541441_717794112867_18600803_35015382_972915913_n.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 517
  • 547792_717794028037_18600803_35015377_1174044749_n.jpg
    547792_717794028037_18600803_35015377_1174044749_n.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 506
  • 554554_717793588917_18600803_35015361_530075942_n.jpg
    554554_717793588917_18600803_35015361_530075942_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Keep training hard and keep eating!! Sometimes it takes years and years to get where you wanna go but if you put your mind to it
i believe you will get there

You look very good for the level you are competing in. Can you make it as a national level competitor? I'm not sure but if you want to find out and get to a point you never thought possible then definately hire one of these board sponsored trainers:

apex contest prep
Phil Hernon
Mainevent
prepbyalex
skip

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you!

Given that you eat and train correctly... (which is assuming a lot)

I'd say you really only have to ask yourself three questions:

1. You willing to put in the time?

2. You willing to shoot yourself up with the amount of drugs that it will eventually require to get to that level?

3. Are you financially stable enough to spend the amount of money it takes to acquire the drugs, the food, and the prep services to get to the National Level?

If you say yes to all three then I dont see why not.

Given that you eat and train correctly... (which is assuming a lot)

I'd say you really only have to ask yourself three questions:

1. You willing to put in the time?

2. You willing to shoot yourself up with the amount of drugs that it will eventually require to get to that level?

3. Are you financially stable enough to spend the amount of money it takes to acquire the drugs, the food, and the prep services to get to the National Level?

If you say yes to all three then I dont see why not.

This, plus are you willing to deal with the adverse health effects that come with the huge quantities of drugs? Remember that there will come a time when your body starts to break down and won't be able handle much beyond 40-45 or so. Not trying to be a downer, just making sure you consider everything and not just trophies and pussy.

no one can really tell if you have the potential man, some of the best bodybuilders of all time looked like garbage wen they started bodybuilding

but from what i can see

1. you do not not have obvious amazing genetics, i coudlnt argue you do have the ability

2. you dont seem to have bad genetics, so i couldn't argue you dont have the ability

in reality, wen you start eating more, taking more drugs, and growing and standing on stage, wen you stand next to everyone else in the LH or heavies you will know whether you have what it takes or not

until then its guess work

but for now, i think you look good

Nobody can really tell you your potential until you fill out your frame some more. At 5'9" you have a bunch more muscle to put on before you are going to be competitive in any big show. I'm 5'7" and got a serious wake-up call at the Atlantic States last year when I competed at 192lbs and looked tiny compared to the rest of the light-heavies. Most of the top guys are walking around contest ready at 205lbs or better and depleting to make weight, before filling back out to hit the stage. Focus on the basics and keep putting on mass and in the next few years you should have a better idea of where you will end up.

Thanks for the input guys.

I do have the money, and I'm willing to spend the time. As for adverse sides, I'm not going to kill myself to be an amateur lol.

I get regular blood work so things are great, but health and longevity is #1 for me.

I'd like to be on a national stage one day. That's all. I don't mean to win these national shows or anything.

Hopefully I can place top 2 in Open soon, and be able to qualify. Then maybe in a year (or however the rules work), I'll compete at a national level.

I competed in my second show this past weekend, at the NPC Northern Kentucky. I placed 3rd in Novice MW and 4th in Open MW. It was a pretty large show, one of the largest one day shows (excluding national level events) in the nation. It was a qualifier, but you had to be top 2 in open.

I have another show in Kentucky coming up in 5 weeks where I'm hoping to place top 2 or 3 in Open and win the Novice class.

My first show was the jay cutler classic in 2010, where I was a LW. I've added 20 pounds of muscle since then.

The NKY wasnt my target show, so I competed in about 5 weeks out condition. I heard that my hamstring and lower back conditioning could have been tighter, which I would agree with.

Here are some pics. What do you all think? Can I do well, given time, and some more size? I'm REALLY getting into BB now...loving it really. I want to take it as far as I can (within reason, and being healthy) but this is more than just a hobby for me.

I'm 28, about 5'9 tall. I weighed in at 173 but after carb up I was probably 180 on stage.

My goal is to become a LH and Heavy, which would be good for my height and frame.

EDIT: I'm the Asian guy in the black trunks!

At a national level show at 5 9" you need to be a heavy weight to even stand a chance bro. You will get killed and look small at your height if your a LHW

Look at my avatar im 5 6 1/2 that was last years USA's weigh in at 197.5 Took 6th out of 41 competitors

Last edited:
At a national level show at 5 9" you need to be a heavy weight to even stand a chance bro. You will get killed and look small at your height if your a LHW

Look at my avatar im 5 6 1/2 that was last years USA's weigh in at 197.5 Took 6th out of 41 competitors

You are quite impressive. And yes, I know I'd need a lot more size.

Well, new goals have been set. I'll work towards it one day.

Thanks for the input guys.

I do have the money, and I'm willing to spend the time. As for adverse sides, I'm not going to kill myself to be an amateur lol.

I get regular blood work so things are great, but health and longevity is #1 for me.

I'd like to be on a national stage one day. That's all. I don't mean to win these national shows or anything.

Hopefully I can place top 2 in Open soon, and be able to qualify. Then maybe in a year (or however the rules work), I'll compete at a national level.

This and pro or even competitive amateur don't go together. Yes, drugs can be used carefully without adverse effects, but you won't be anywhere near pro level without them.

Not saying your mindset is wrong. Don't let anyone discourage you from being healthy. It's like having a goal to be a professional race car driver without ever getting in a wreck.

Last edited:
Here it is plain and simple DO YOU WANT TO BE ON A NATIONAL LEVEL???? If the answer is yes then you can do so you have to make up in your mind this is what you want put your heart in it. Do not half ass it go big or go home plain and simple. Bodybuilding is genetics, supplement,s and how much heart you have bc you can have all the other things but if you do not put your heart in it and you don't want it bad enough you will never see it.

You look great man. As a fellow Asian, I must admit we don't have the best bodybuilding genes, but you are doing a fantastic job. Like many others have said, you'll never know what your potential is until you reach it. If you have decided to pursue bodybuilding in a serious manner (and it sounds like you have), just keep things in check so that you can progress over the long term and still be enjoying your passion (and your health) in your 30's, 40's, 50's and even 60's. Balance and long-term progression.

You look great man. As a fellow Asian, I must admit we don't have the best bodybuilding genes, but you are doing a fantastic job. Like many others have said, you'll never know what your potential is until you reach it. If you have decided to pursue bodybuilding in a serious manner (and it sounds like you have), just keep things in check so that you can progress over the long term and still be enjoying your passion (and your health) in your 30's, 40's, 50's and even 60's. Balance and long-term progression.

I think it's tougher for Asians to put on size, and some are not blessed with a big enough frame, even if they can put on size. Being narrow AND short makes it tough to have a good look.

I'm lucky I'm nearly 5'9 and decently broad. At my gym, I can hang with the "big guys", and I rep out 500 x 5-6 deads, 315 x 3-5 bench, and 405 x 6-8 squats. Not crazy strong, but decent enough.

I do love this. It's my world, my passion, my love, and what holds me together. I would die doing this. Not stupidly, but I mean, if I got crushed by a 500+ squat one day, so be it...LOL.

But seriously, I love bb and want to do this for a long time so I agree with you that health and longevity are the keys here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity