over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you tune out the new guys?

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So my brother has gotten into working out for a while and its great and all and both him and his wife have lost a lot of weight and I am really happy for him but he is into P90X and he buys supplements and he is excited about talking about these stuff. BUT, I don't ever feel like listening to him at all. Talking about pre-workout supplements and other supplements and cooking bread, cookies, and all this stuff with proteins (whey, pea, rice, you fucking name it). I seriously tune him out and just nod. Keep saying that sounds interesting or a good idea.

I don't know if this makes me a bad person or not.

So my brother has gotten into working out for a while and its great and all and both him and his wife have lost a lot of weight and I am really happy for him but he is into P90X and he buys supplements and he is excited about talking about these stuff. BUT, I don't ever feel like listening to him at all. Talking about pre-workout supplements and other supplements and cooking bread, cookies, and all this stuff with proteins (whey, pea, rice, you fucking name it). I seriously tune him out and just nod. Keep saying that sounds interesting or a good idea.

I don't know if this makes me a bad person or not.

No, but it makes you a bit arrogant. He's excited and obviously respects you enough to want your opinion, but I guess you don't respect him enough to give him your complete attention. I work in a gym all day, and I compete. So my life revolves around the gym. When I go to Christmas get togethers, several people will want my advice on what to eat to lose bodyfat. I'm always gracious and take my time to help them out. I try to treat others as I would want to be treated. I have a doctor friend, and when I see her, I always ask her about problems I have. I'm always impressed that she takes her time to ask me questions and make sure to give me detailed answers to help me out, even though she gets paid to do that all day long.

Last edited:
Why don't you teach him how to squat and dead and forget about p90x

well

To think about all the crap we tried and spent money/ time on over the years.

I wish I had someone with knowledge to talk to and learn from.

Thats how I treat everyone I talk to or that ask me for help.

Juat bc they are in to differnt stuff doesn't mean he wouldn't value your opinion. Or learn something from it.

No, but it makes you a bit arrogant. He's excited and obviously respects you enough to want your opinion, but I guess you don't respect him enough to give him your complete attention. I work in a gym all day, and I compete. So my life revolves around the gym. When I go to Christmas get togethers, several people will want my advice on what to eat to lose bodyfat. I'm always gracious and take my time to help them out. I try to treat others as I would want to be treated. I have a doctor friend, and when I see her, I always ask her about problems I have. I'm always impressed that she takes her time to ask me questions and make sure to give me detailed answers to help me out, even though she gets paid to do that all day long.

I agree with everything you said.
However, let me come at it at a different angle. Is his brother asking for advice/ insight/ opinion, or his brother PREACHING about the benefits of p90x(or whatever), cooking techniques and the best supplementation to take which he read in a magazine and now considers himself an expert?
I'm all for newer individuals asking question and exchanging ideas(who knows, maybe they'll know something I wasn't aware of), but I will admit I will tune ppl out when they know their info is infallible and won't LISTEN to other viewpoints!

2 years ago I finished p90x and was the same way having never touched a weight in my life.
It taught me a lot and I prolly annoyed people the same way you speak of...
But it also paved the way for me to want to grow big muscles and not be so niaeve to the industry hype. But I eventually learned through my own research stick to the basics whey n creatine and eat food.

You should try to help him in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said.
However, let me come at it at a different angle. Is his brother asking for advice/ insight/ opinion, or his brother PREACHING about the benefits of p90x(or whatever), cooking techniques and the best supplementation to take which he read in a magazine and now considers himself an expert?
I'm all for newer individuals asking question and exchanging ideas(who knows, maybe they'll know something I wasn't aware of), but I will admit I will tune ppl out when they know their info is infallible and won't LISTEN to other viewpoints!

I've never run into that problem. I'm the expert and everyone knows it!

I tune them out when they asked questions, you give a good answer, and they reply with "well Jim on xXxX.com with 5000 posts said this and that".

Post count does not equal knowledge. I tune them out then. They act like the internet is all knowing.

Im probably one of the best in shape and built guys at my gym.I always take time to answer new guys questions. We were all new once.

For me personally, if he wasn't asking for my help, mostly just chatting about how awesome it is.. I'd just let him rather than go "bro do this instead it'll be much better in the long run, trust me"

Idk.. where I live people are highly defensive and will usually recieve an alternate opinion as an attack on what they're doing / their belief..

If he wants help though that's awesome.. help the hell out of him if you feel like it..

It's a hell of a thing when we cant be bothered to listen to another person, especially when that person is flesh and blood.

I've never run into that problem. I'm the expert and everyone knows it!

I'm not surprised. It's mostly the younger guys in their 20s who are stubborn and try to argue everything you say, regardless of how big and cut you are. I imagine people wise up after and listen to people who know more than they do as they get older. I am amazed how many females try to argue with me when I tell them lifting weights will make them look better and more womanly.

Last edited:
you cant be bothered to listen to your real word brother that has made great strides and accomplishments but you can post almost 4 times a day to total strangers that care nothing about you, every day for a year and half? Yes you are, or at least have become a D-bag! Appreciate what you have.

I just hate when new guys or guys with No result workouts try giving me advice or when they tell me how big they are. I just go a long with it. Until I take my xl shirt off and then they kinda quiet up lol.

ill tell you this, my brother used to be into the bbing lifestyle and he was a freak. the term he has it applied to him, me not so much. but we were sharing an apartment training together,eating together, living the life. he was the one person i could talk about training and diet crap, but life went on, i got married he found alcoholism and now when i talk about that stuff its like talking to a brick wall. so yeah, if i were you i would be happy to discuss fitness shit with your brother even if it is that ridiculous p90x.

I think its great when people care about how they feel and look, no matter how they get there, ive been around alot of people that just dont care how they look, not trying to buzz on your parade, but atleast they care about how they look...

You might want to lay off the Tren:

Seriously though, I think it's nice when ppl want to talk to me about stuff like that.

We got my dad's gene and we always act like we are on tren. Second part of this comment is below to response to AshopRep

This is not in the gym...I'm different there and he is my older (8 years) brother so I have very high expectation of him. This is at home (we live 6 hours apart and we meet at our parents house that are right between us...exactly 3 hours apart from each one of us).

I really feel bad about it so don't think I am like fuck this. He doesn't ask me questions either. He shows me 10-20 minute youtube videos about guys that workout with body weight (3x today alone in a middle of a tv shows or movies) or talking about cooking with pea protein. I literally watched 30 minutes of P90X with him until it was dinner time.

I know I sound like an asshole and I feel like one but I don't body weight exercise and I can only talk about P90X cooking pea protein bread so much. Behind the phone, on skype, and during get together. I need a change in topic once in a while.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws