over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do you use a training app?

unhinged

Registered
To keep records for exercises/sets/reps? Is there one that also saves meals/nutrition as well? I have a log book, but it gets annoying having to carry that around, then add the notes to my excel spreadsheets i use to keep track of everything.

I'm a bit behind on technology with apps, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

My fitness pal app is what I use to track macros and calories every day. Can also log cardio and workouts but I don’t use it for the weights except to track increases on major lifts

Myfitnesspal for truck my food, and onenote for truck my traning :)

Fat Secret for diet

TM training for workouts

Both on Android and both highly configurable.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

i attempted to use the my fitness app or whatever it’s called, but i found my self still picking up a regular ole spiral note book and a pen and writing everything down. idk it feels more intimate than just typing in a bunch of shit in a box on a app. like a swole diary or some shit lmao

Apparently im just too old school
I just use a notepad and pen to log all my lifts
its not technologically savvy but it works

Apparently im just too old school
I just use a notepad and pen to log all my lifts
its not technologically savvy but it works

I used to do this very thing until I was turned onto the app I'm using. It's completely customizable, shows your planned sets, rep range, and weights....gives you a box to "check" when you've done a set...then starts a rest period timer that you set for how long you want between sets. It beeps in my ear buds when my next set is due.

Plus best thing is it's free. It allows me to back it up and I can take it when I change phones.

I use a handwritten journal as well. I hate having to log into my phone and an app when I workout. I'd rather just pick up my scratch pad and pencil and write it out.

Pen and paper...can't stand having my phone on me during gym. I'm too easily distracted by it.

Sorry, I know I am old (and old school) but I don't find remembering my weights and reps for my workouts that difficult. I hate people who sit on their phone at the gym...just workout. Now for your diet, I think it will help, but at home while you are eating.

Sorry, I know I am old (and old school) but I don't find remembering my weights and reps for my workouts that difficult. I hate people who sit on their phone at the gym...just workout. Now for your diet, I think it will help, but at home while you are eating.
I understand where you are coming from and hate to see people on their phone at the gym especially doing social media stuff. I'm 44 and never thought I would use something like this.

But all I have to do is start it up, and don't have to touch it until my workout is finished.

My phone stays in my pocket or gym bag and I use a button on my earpod to signal my set is complete. It starts a timer...I use 90 seconds...then it beeps to let me know it's time to go again.

After that exercise is complete, it makes a chime to move to my next exercise.

The only time that I may even have to pick up my phone in the gym is I didn't hit my rep or weight.

Other than that, its out of sight until I'm leaving.

But with everything timed...I actually end up using less time on the bench, rack, etc.....which allows others to get in there if needed.

But I also go at 4:00am.....so there aren't but maybe 5 people in the whole place.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

download an app before, use it once and never took a look at it since then.lol useless for me

it should be helpful. you should focus on the what you want to do but not the app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws