over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doctor gave me Metformin. Any use?

Consistent_Phase6386

Registered
Newbies
So, I’ve been taking 5ius of gh daily with my trt(100mgs cyp every 6 days), just trying to get a little boost losing 50-60lbs I gained from medical issues I’ve since overcome. Long story short, I forgot about stopping gh before a blood test. I got a false positive for prediabetes and a script for metformin er 500mg.

Dave Palumbo presented in a recent video that metformin can completely prevent muscular hypertrophy in the elderly. That scares the hell out of me.

Is there any bodybuilding benefit to this crap? Should I do 10iu with metformin every other day? Or is this stuff really as evil as rx muscle claims?

Well there are a gazillion ginormous bodybuilders who utilize it so I guess it's not made straight in bodybuilder-hell.

I'm curious why you say it's a false positive? GH could get you into the pre diabetes stage ( lots of things can) so..

GH increases igf1 which can increase blood sugar. You aren't necessarily a real diabetic but it can put you in range. Metformin can help with that and lots of other benefits. 3-4ius daily put my fasting glucose at 101 (raised about 10pts). I take 1000mg of Metformin XR before bed nightly now.

I don't see that much HGH raising your BG and A1C enough to cause a Dr to throw you on metformin right off the bat when it could probably be controlled with a better diet and a liy little berberine.
BUT
Metformin is not the gain killing drug that everyone makes it out to be and even a slamm dose of HGH will raise IGF level above normal even with the possible lowering effect that metformin is said to cause.
Metformin has alot of health benefits aside from just glucose control and many think that is a very worthwhile addition to their health supplement program.

Dave Palumbo says some pretty dumb shit sometimes , I'm not sure where he gets it but I rank him with Boston Loyd , Toney Huge and a dozen other you tube clowns anymore with some of the content he puts out.

GH increases igf1 which can increase blood sugar. You aren't necessarily a real diabetic but it can put you in range. Metformin can help with that and lots of other benefits. 3-4ius daily put my fasting glucose at 101 (raised about 10pts). I take 1000mg of Metformin XR before bed nightly now.
Well? Where is ur blood sugar now using 1000 mlg xr met before bed and when do u pin ur gh?? Id love to know if the metformin is actually aiding in keeping ur blood sugars down or if it has more to do with diet and not eating as many carbs?

what is your fasting insulin and post meal glucose numbers? those are more reliable indictators for someone on hgh as the hgh -igf1 will skew the a1c and fasting reuslts due to how it works. also your trigelyercies are imporant too. if those 3 are okay its not a big deal. beberine would be first choice for the host of beneifts if has to offer.

metformin can mess some peoples gi tract initially so watch out for that.

Dave palumbo also sold people water instead of growth too so… Thank you guys for enlightening me. If i get some crazy side effects ill stop it
Generally people will get some stomach upset with they first start metformin , mild diarrhea , gas , frequent bowel movement.
Start low dose like 500mg of the XR version and take it with the last meal after a week if the aides are not bad add a 500mg dose in the AM with breakfast.
The XR version is typically tolerated a little better that the regular

Well? Where is ur blood sugar now using 1000 mlg xr met before bed and when do u pin ur gh?? Id love to know if the metformin is actually aiding in keeping ur blood sugars down or if it has more to do with diet and not eating as many carbs?
Well... I'm about 4 weeks in and haven't remeasured. I did metformin over the summer and had to drop it even at 500mg as I was running tren and blood sugar (on same dose of GH) was 74, lowest reading I've seen in a decade, so going hypo too often (igf was 160 so tren basically cut that in half too). Been off tren for months so this was my first cruise blood sugar reading. I haven't gotten it done again after adding metformin. I don't get gi issues at all but without the Tren in the mix I haven't gone hypo once.

Metformin has been widely prescribed for years specifically to bring down blood sugar. Definitely more insulin sensative. Just don't have a new reading yet. A few weeks out likely.

Metformin? Never heard of it.

I've been taking it for maybe ten years now. It's lowered my triglycerides and kept me leaner.
If I looks to you like it's held back my development then stay away from it ;)

First thing comes to mind, you have 60 pounds to loose and only have been on gh for 3 months, I wouldn't necessarily assume it's a false positive. Perhaps your weight gain and diet are the culprit for insulin resistance?

I've been taking it for maybe ten years now. It's lowered my triglycerides and kept me leaner.
If I looks to you like it's held back my development then stay away from it ;)
DOSE?

Metformin definitely helps most people lean out while controlling blood sugar levels. I don't see the science behind the fact that it lowers IGF levels or prevents muscle hypertrophy. Metformin has been in use in the bodybuilding community for some time now. I think if it was proven to prevent muscle hypertrophy or substantially lower IGF levels bodybuilders wouldn't use it.

It’s probably not a false positive, your probably borderline T2D, then. Add GH? Definitely T2D

Metformin definitely helps most people lean out while controlling blood sugar levels. I don't see the science behind the fact that it lowers IGF levels or prevents muscle hypertrophy. Metformin has been in use in the bodybuilding community for some time now. I think if it was proven to prevent muscle hypertrophy or substantially lower IGF levels bodybuilders wouldn't use it.
The only people that say, or belives it does that, have no real experience with metformin. If you look at the studies, it does not pertain to the majority of us here.

Generally people will get some stomach upset with they first start metformin , mild diarrhea , gas , frequent bowel movement.
Start low dose like 500mg of the XR version and take it with the last meal after a week if the aides are not bad add a 500mg dose in the AM with breakfast.
The XR version is typically tolerated a little better that the regular
My dad takes metformin and needs to drink pepto with it but I haven’t had any issues yet. Fingers crossed. I’m going to do a cycle of NPP/tren acetate on top of my trt dosage of test in the coming months after I lean out a bit more so anything to help with leanness is great. I’ve kept a good bit of musculature from 3 years on trt without cycling.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws