YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Doctor help and recommendations to get proper care and info?

fatguy

Registered
Hi all,

I would like to first preface this with: I am not looking for HRT/TRT.

I spoke with my doc about some changes that have occurred with me over the past 4-5 years. I am only 31.

From what I said he ordered some blood work. I had asked about testing Estrogen, Test, and Thyroid. Because I personally feel that my test/estrogen levels are completely out of whack.

I get the results and see he ordered Total Test and TSH for thyroid, and nothing else.

My test numbers were in the lot 300's, TSH was normal.

I say great, now can I get a full Hormone Panel Done test/shbg/free test/etc and E2, and he says it is not necessary.

So, I have been looking for a doctor to atleast order the right tests for me, so I know what is right and wrong. I am also look for a doctor, that in the case where he fees that my Test is too low and/or E2 is high that they know how to properly handle it.

I see anti-aging docs that will prescribe test, then there are the alternative docs who preach the BHRT (bio-identical HRT).

I don't want to mess with a doc just giving me test and saying "here you go"

So here are my questions:

-What type of doctor should I look for? Endo, Internal Med, Anti-Aging doc, Urologist?
-What info should I ask of the doc to determine if I want to go to them?
-What if any recommendations do you have?
-How can i find out if they follow recommendations with respect to HCG and AI usage if E2 levels are bad? (i find this to be the biggest issue).
-Last, does anyone have a preferred/knowledgeable doctor in the NJ area? That could include PA or NY as long as they are close.

I want a doctor who is a real doctor and one that watches and cares. I hate the way I feel and they way I am these days. I want to see if it is my hormones that are all out of whack.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

if you have a few extra bucks-go to directlabs.com and order the blood test you feel you need?

at that point when you do find a doc-you will be armed with BW results that hopefully favour your position?

Re: proper Serm's-AI's and other ancillaries-you probably have a 50/50 chance of finding a doc who understands the need for these products to the point of providing you with a script?

there is plenty of information on this board that will give you a good understanding/increase your knowledge regarding Hrt/Trt protocols and you'll probably fet some good feedback from others responding to this thread?

good luck,
cavdude

Last edited:
if you have a few extra bucks-go to directlabs.com and order the blood test you feel you need?

at that point when you do find a doc-you will be armed with BW results that hopefully favour your position?

Re: proper Serm's-AI's and other ancillaries-you probably have a 50/50 chance of finding a doc who understands the need for these products to the point of providing you with a script?

there is plenty of information on this board that will give you a good understanding/increase your knowledge regarding Hrt/Trt protocols and you'll probably fet some good feedback from others responding to this thread?

good luck,
cavdude

i definitely agree! find a good doctor that supports HRT. not some pencil dick that is against it!!

Which country do you live in?

I only ask as here in the UK the system is different to that of the USA!

Here in the UK you will go to a GP, then if your results come back showing problems you will be refered to an endocronologist who will look into your history and do further bloodwork,

Depending on results the endo will wait 2 months then do further bloodwork to make sure results are the same, then at that point they will talk about possible treatments available to you.

Try to locate a compounded pharmacy in your area,ask the pharmacist if they fill any prescriptions for any HRT doctors.

Generally they are very willing to help,where do you live?

Thanks for the replies.

I am in NJ. One of those states that has a law for everything, even getting blood work.

Thanks.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828